Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

super neato, late, 7-0 swiss, fail top 16 washington states report!

soxrcol

alright well I'm bored and have school tomorrow so I feel like writing my report

so Ben, Bens family and I all drive up from portland the night before and chill at this hotel.
then the next day I wake up, drink some pomegranate rockstar (OM NOM SO GOOD) and make some minor changes to my Gyarados deck (add unown g(didn't end up using it D:))

so we wander around a bit at seattle center trying to find the place.
when we get there we meet up with some or-ee-gon buds and I get some shweet pink sleeves everyone gets ready/tests.

so EVERYONE has pokewalkers and we all connect and I get like 50 full heals awwww yeah

so pairings go up and I'm at table 6 ALREADY, oh lord I'm so pro.
:pokeball:I am playing pretty straightforward Gyarados w/ promocroak:pokeball:

RND 1 VS. New player with Aridos/Gardy/Leafyeon

So we start talking, cool guy, very friendly.
this game I happen to get a very nice start and finish up the game quickly.

1-0

THIS IS WHERE MY MEMORY GETS FOGGY SO DEEPEST APOLOGIES IF I MESS UP THE ORDER OF PEOPLE I PLAYED

RND 2 vs. Cursegar

So he flips ghastly/baltoy(?) turn 1 and I'm like well darn.
I happen to start with sableye and have roseannes in hand so first turn I collecter and get semi set up and next turn I rose for dark and crobat and take an early prize on his ghastly.
he doesnt draw gengar out of a couple cosmics and I just sweep with gyra

2-0

LUNCH!
ben and I try to navigate the maze that is seattle center and end up getting hot dawgs! (expensive...)
and watch a homeless guy get kicked out of the mall for digging around in trash cans.
good times.

RND 3 vs Regigigigigigias

guy pile shuffles my deck...
anyway so I start pretty mediocre, I think combee start with energy/collector in hand.
he opens with water arceus. lolz
so I take a few turns to get my gyra set up and rollin and when I start attacking his regigas, he giratina Let Looses. My face = :frown: at that point. I get lucky though and am able to still mantain constant gyrados and by the time he sacrifices about 4 guys, his belted gigas cant take another attack from gyra/promocroak.

3-0

RND 4 vs GYRA

another guy from oregon who I gave a SSU to before the tourny lol.
we both open with sableye and he doesnt draw a gyrados until like turn 7 or so so I'm able to get a few prized up before he can get rolling and I just warp point up and kill his bench in the end.
super epic fail though, he flash bit my benched unown g a few times and I forgot to guard the next turn so he's able to flash bite kill it on the bench next turn when I could have guarded D:

4-0

RND 5 vs Garchomp SV/Machamp

yeah I know... lol
so he opens with uxie or something to my sableye and he misplays really bad on his first turn and ends up not getting a claydol out so I am able to get set up way before him and take prizes. I get some luck heads on SSU so I can safely expert belt/crobat one hit his garchomp when he gets em out which ends up winning me the game

but yeah super lame misplay on his part

5-0

RND 6 vs Jumpluff

QQ

but yeah I open with uxie or something (my starts were getting progressively worse all day haha) but I get set up early and take a couple prizes fast. he gets out shaymin x and I cry a bit inside. I however, after using 3 or so felcitys start stockpiling SSU's/Belts/crobats and so I can OH/2HKO his dudes and live.

6-0

RND 7 vs BLISSEY OH GOD ITS JACOB Asdhasdaskdhjaskda

but yeah before the tourny started I kicked his rear end with gyra and he was all like D:
so we both get good starts and he filled his bench with a bunch of useless crap while I get set up and he kills my sableye before I can do a second impersonate which makes me sad. I still get out a gyra and 2 hit him so he dies and cant recover as easly because he HAD A FULL BENCH and stuff so I end up sweeping him.

7-0, woo! first undefeated! at a states, no less.

so ben's parents go get pizza and ben ends up going 4-3 so frownie face.
and I chill out, drink another rockstar (CITRUS PUNCH OM NOM SO GOOD)
and standing go up and I look to see who I'm gonna be playing. and its ross. and he's playing luxchomp.
D:

so I know at this point I gotta keep my head cool and play smart because luxchomp is a tough matchup, I and really have to depend on recovering better then him.

TOP 16 vs Luxchomp RND 1

we get all piled up and whatnot and I open with crobat g active and a hand with like SSU, Poketurn, cyclone, felcitys, felcitys, night maintenance or something equally useless and I go second and dont draw any basics out of felcitys so I pass and he t2 garchomp c x's my face off.

TOP 16 vs Luxchomp RND 2

I open ok, so does he, I look in my deck to find my promocroak is prized. so I get azelf and figure he's holding sprays so I lookers in his godly hand (turns, sprays, garch x, cyrus, ect) THEN drop azelf but he draws into the spray and uses his claydol to get his stuff back out and sweep me.

so yeah sweet-ish day

PROPS:
jacob getting t8 with BLISSEY

ben and ben's parents for getting me up there and back :biggrin:
Gyarados for being swheet
chris for lending a promocroak because eleki had mine
getting pretty lucky all day
washington staff for running a very smooth event and giving out sweet dice!
POKEWALEKRS EVERYWHERE OH LORD
rockstars
that washington player for looking like chris crocker (LEAVE BRITTNEY ALONE)
loaning out a bunch of cards AND ACTUALLY GETTING THEM BACK AWW YEAH
friends

SLOPS:
lame first top 16 game :( but nothing I could have done about that lol
eleki going 3-3 with HOPE. MORE LIKE NOPE AMIRITE
janet getting donked a bunch lol
expensive food
sales tax (HAHA)
no prizes
shuppet
some oregon peeps who couldn't come :(

so yeah hope to do good at regs :smile: AND MAYBE WIN 4 BOXES OF CARDS DO HO HO