Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Superman Returns (No spoilers, please)

Matias

Hey guys! I went to the movies last Friday night and of course watched Superman Returns.
Overall, the movie is fine, but not as good as expected. The special effects are simply AWSOME. I also liked the multiple funny parts the movie has. The film lasts 2:37 but it does not seem to be that long.
If you havent seen it, just go, its a good investment. If you already watched it, leave your opinion please! thx!

The guys I saw it with agree: it was good, but not great. Batman Begins is commonly believed to be better.

The effects are special, and the adventure is pretty fun, but it just doesn't have that much kick to it since, well it's Superman so you know he can't really be in too much peril. And besides, while it's cool that he is pretty much undamagable, it also gets old after a while.

But I really liked how Kevin Spacey played Lex Luthor. Diabolical, mad, and ruthless.

I'd recommend it, just don't expect something revolutionary.

Adam Garcia said:
i saw it and it was the worst movie i have ever saw.It was worse then the Incredible Hulk

nothing could be worse then that. I acuall wanted to leave the movie when i saw that

NateDawg161992 said:
It really isn;'t that great, bad music and a weak story don't help

The score is amazing, and the story is good, the only thing it lacks is action...

Its a great movie, however since it is loosely based on the Donner Superman films instead of having a new take on the character it is not as good as it could have been.

sdp said:

The score is amazing, and the story is good, the only thing it lacks is action...

Its a great movie, however since it is loosely based on the Donner Superman films instead of having a new take on the character it is not as good as it could have been.

exactly thats it..........incredible hulk had zero to non action scenes

Very good movie. I am a little on the bias side, due to I love comics.
Not as good as Batman begins, better than Xmen 3. (ref:X-3 10 times better than hulk or daredevil)
And really if you want to enjoy it ALLOT, remember or go see the old superman movies first.
loved the fact that most of the music reflected the old superman movies.
The actor playing superman did a great job of being the clark/superman that mr reeves brought us to know superman as.

As for the story, remember that superman is iconic and doenst have a tragic event that motivates him to do the stuff he does (his father's teachings and truth/justice is his motivation). The story is Superman: Big Blue Boy Scout.

Hey, I liked Hulk!

Is it *highly* recomended that we see the old ones first, or just recomended?

moza said:
Hey, I liked Hulk!

Is it *highly* recomended that we see the old ones first, or just recomended?

I recomend it only because of the appreciation you will have for the music and the way clark/superman is portrayed by the new actor.

I thought the actor wasn't a very good clark. I'm not going to spoil the plot, but there were quite a few flaws and disappointments. The music was not very good in my opinion and often too loud.

All that aside, I was intrigued by the whole movie. I enjoyed it. Even if it wasn't GREAT, it was still Superman for goodness sakes :smile:

I couldn't believe it when I got out of the theater almost 3 hours after I went in. Like someone else said, it didn't feel as long as it was.

NateDawg161992 said:
It really isn;'t that great, bad music and a weak story don't help

tell it to John Williams, you musical noob.

you people have no idea what you're talking about when you jump on the bashing bandwagon.

the 2nd band at my high school played the theme from this movie as their spring concert "fun" piece. We(the 1st band) played a big, 10 minute long john williams medley thing with the cowboys, the special olympics theme, the witches of eastwick, and the olympic fanfare(the one you see all the time on commercials every other year)

Back