Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Surf?

Who should I teach Surf to in the Ruby version?

Party:
Blaziken
Lileep
Swellow
Linoone
Kirlia
Mightyena

I'm hesitating to teach Surf to Linoone here is it's attacks:
Secret Power
Strenght
Cut
Attract

Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:
Who should I teach Surf to in the Ruby version?

Party:
Blaziken
Lileep
Swellow
Linoone
Kirlia
Mightyena

I'm hesitating to teach Surf to Linoone here is it's attacks:
Secret Power
Strenght
Cut
Attract

If this is the party you intend to keep. Linoone is the only one who can learn Surf. Of course I would strongly recommend to add a water Pokemon to your party. Linoones are mainly used for their ability to learn many HMs (hence the nickname HM-slave) and for their pick-up ability. Also, at some point in the game you will need to use the HM Dive and none of the Pokemon in your party can learn Dive. Azumarill is another good HM-slave. It can learn Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall and Dive.
Hope this helps! :)

Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:
Yeah okay Linoone an HM slave who should I replace it with?I'll teach it Surf but I'll still need a pokemon for battling to replace it with.

Since you have a Blaziken, I guess you don't have access to a Swampert. You could use Lanturn or Kingdra to replace the Linoone in your party.

Okay then i'll just keep some HM slaves.Alright since I haven't been using HM slaves I have to replace the HMs on some of my pokemon.Heres 1.
Mightyena
Rock Smash
Howl
Roar
Bite

That's the only 1 and what to replace Linoone with?Should I drop Lileep?

if you're really looking for an HM slave that can fight, use gyrados. It has high stats and can learn enough HM's, and its a water type.

Back