Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SV sleeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

gashmoigidy

The quality of these are awful! I've been using them for 2 days and already the edges have started to peel. Has anyone been having the same problem?

If you know how to take care of your sleeves, they will last for you a lot longer. It's been 2 days since I've had mine and they still feel like they are brand new. I also used them in the prerelease.

I haven't used them, but batmylashes has played a few dozen games with them and she doesn't seem to have had any problems.

I'd recommend pile shuffling if at all possible. A lot of times when I see people with worn out sleeves it's because of their shuffling technique. Also, some people tend to "snap" their cards down which isn't good for the sleeves either.

As I've learned with pre-release sleeves, it's best to get 2-3 packs so that when they break/wear out you'll still be in good condition.

Just as an FYI, unless your local store can order Japanese sleeves, your best bet for quality sleeves is to go with Dragon Shield.

Hopefully this is an isolated incident!

Yeah Lucario were probably the best.
And, they could get worn out fast based on the way you shuffle them.

The colored back starts to peel away from the foil layer underneath way too easily. Probably half the sleeves I saw at our pre-releases were starting to peel before the event was even over with -- and we only had 4 rounds. That's either some significantly low quality, or a serious manufacturing defect.

These are honestly making me long for those horrific MT/SW/GE/MD sleeves. At least those could reasonably survive the event you got them in. These new ones are actually worse.

WORSE? hold on. watch what you're saying. How could any sleeves be worse than the MT/SW/GE/MD sleeves? Holy cow, I did not expect that. LA-on sleeves have been awesome!

I'm a sad panda now.

they were pretty bad i have shuffled like that with my sleeves before and not just dragon shields and this has never happened within the first day of playing these are the first sleeves that have done that for me i would suggest that if anyone is taking these to worlds make shure you have at least 20 extras so if ine peals you could replace it

they were pretty bad i have shuffled like that with my sleeves before and not just dragon shields and this has never happened within the first day of playing these are the first sleeves that have done that for me i would suggest that if anyone is taking these to worlds make shure you have at least 20 extras so if ine peals you could replace it

Honestly I just wouldn't take these to worlds. Too big of a risk.

I agree that it could be the way you're shuffling them. my buds had used their sleeves from earlier sets (LA and on) and they're still in decent condition. heck my Dusknoir sleeves never started to peel, just got some scratches on the silouette of Dusky, so I had to switch at a cities....(or was it my battle roads?).

my SV prerelease isn't until this coming sunday, so I guess I'll let you know if we have this issue or not (I never use my pre sleeves, leave them sealed so I can trade them or use them later)

To me, they are probably one of the highest quality sleeves I've gotten from any pre-release. I did poker shuffling for about 10-15 minutes and nothing peeled. The last time I had a Pre-Release sleeve rip was Darkrai GE.

I haven't used them, but batmylashes has played a few dozen games with them and she doesn't seem to have had any problems.

I'd recommend pile shuffling if at all possible. A lot of times when I see people with worn out sleeves it's because of their shuffling technique. Also, some people tend to "snap" their cards down which isn't good for the sleeves either.

As I've learned with pre-release sleeves, it's best to get 2-3 packs so that when they break/wear out you'll still be in good condition.

Just as an FYI, unless your local store can order Japanese sleeves, your best bet for quality sleeves is to go with Dragon Shield.

Hopefully this is an isolated incident!

I find Dragon Shield to be some of the worst sleeves I have ever purchased. Every time I have bought them I have attracted a disgusting residue of some kind that spreads over all the sleeves.

It's like they're dirt magnets.

The sleeves look, IMO, the best of any of the prerelease sleeves released yet. The quality is so poor though, my brother and I together managed to get 3 sets of sleeves and we've already got less quality sleeves than needed for a 60 card deck.

The sleeves look, IMO, the best of any of the prerelease sleeves released yet. The quality is so poor though, my brother and I together managed to get 3 sets of sleeves and we've already got less quality sleeves than needed for a 60 card deck.

I agree. The sleeves look nice, but I used them for less than a couple of hours and they peeled. ;/

These sleeves are terribad.

5 rounds of Prerelease, no problems with them. I just wish the Garchomp was closer to Blue than Purple.

5 rounds of Prerelease, no problems with them. I just wish the Garchomp was closer to Blue than Purple.

No way, purple goes better with yellow/gold much better than blue does.

As for the quality, I'll see how it goes. The shuffling I've done so far hasn't shown, but I haven't used them a whole lot (yet)

Some of the ways that people shuffle their sleeves can cause them to peel really quickly too. I have sleeves that have had really heavy tournament use for 3 seasons, and many of those sleeves are still holding up very well. If care is used in shuffling decks, even bad quality sleeves can go a little further.

This was actually my first set of Pre-release sleeves. I really like the feel of them, but like many of you, they started to peel after the first day of use. Good thing I grabbed a set of Dragon shield before i left. But I do like the feel of them. They dont feel cheap, but are a lil over sized for my taste. I say if they are guna make some official pokemon sleeves they should size them perfect with the cards, maybe even have rounded edges for a snug fit. That would be awsome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back