Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SW Pidgeot Competitive?

VortexOne

Has anybody considered the fact that when double colorless energy is reprinted that pidgeot:colorless: from secret wonders. could be a beast? turn 1 attach double colorless to pidgey then use rare candy or bts to evolve to pidgeot and do 50 and switch turn 1. that is uber in my opinion. plus free retreat, resistance to fighting and its own revenge tactic in the form of mirror move. It does the same amount of damage back. say a machamp lv x hit you for 100 then it went down to 80 and then u use mirror move and it does 140 right back at them. plus it cant be stopped by unown g because it says damage. and it can be used with weavile and special dark.! i think this card is awesome w/double colorless. What do YOU:confused: think?

It's sort of a mini-beast at the moment. With Weavile SW, Upper's, a good amount of HP w/ Expert Belt. You can be fairly competitive with it.
I doubt it will be top tier [which is a shame], but it will be amusing to play at the very least.

well theres always something a deck loses to. and have you ever played this deck? If no then please edit previous post
. how would you know if its only good for league? hmmmm?

While it does have quick attacks, I don't think that it can be top tier because it doesn't stand up well against other decks, and your opponent can always chip off at its health, so you can only do 50 at the most with either of the attacks, and then the do a large amount of damage to KO it. But yeah, I think it might be fun to play at league.

another queen/belt combo, cept for that you could easily run more tricks ( warp/cyclone/heal nrgs idk).

Go for it. with tomb and a 2-1-2 queen, i think you could even take a luxray down.

Exploud SV says hi.

Luxray "says hi" to Exploud after it kills off the Claydol and you can't ever get it out.

And if you do manage to get it out, it's not difficult to drag it up for a couple turns to get rid of it. It's not like Pidgeot will be hurting you during that time.

The fact that it doesn't hit hard, needs Double Colorless to keep up with other, more powerful cards, and dies to Luxray GL+Lucario GL means it can't be competitive.

Exploud SV says hi.

Worst arguement ever. You kidding me?

Exploud SV says hi? Well...
Dialga G Lv.X says hi to Exploud SV
Blaziken FB says hi to Dialga G Lv.X
Flygon Lv.X says hi to Dialga G Lv.X
Ditto says hi to Flygon Lv.X
Machamp says hi to Ditto
Gengar says hi to Machamp
and so on....

just because theres a tech OUT THERE doesnt mean it shuts the idea down.

...Except that the concept of Exploud SV countering Luxray actually rather makes sense, since I somehow doubt anyone will run Dialga G and Luxray together with Luxray doing much hitting. At the very least, that's a deck that breaks the norms of the format as of now, rather than some obvious... Iunno, whatever it was that you shot off.

As for Luxray killing Claydol; if that is the problem, doesn't every deck ever that runs Claydol get killed by Luxray then? No? Luxray's ability to KO Claydol is universal, not a unique problem to Pidgeot. I see no reason for Luxray to be any more of a threat to Pidgeot than it is to anything else - except, of course, that you need a 1-0-1 tech to break up Weakness [which Grass decks already need, and you don't see people going "good idea but it gets killed by Blaziken"]... and other problems that any deck has to worry about due to Luxray's very existence.

Once it takes out the Claydol, it has no problem with the rest of the deck (especially the main attacker). That's what's different in this case.

+30 =/= no problem.
[Granted, x2 = no problem, so I will concede that that point does make sense.]
I also stand by the point that Sceptile/Tangrowth decks aren't getting this kind of flak about Blazeray.

Most, if not all, Luxray based decks are running Lucario GL now, and it's extremely esearchable and is always cool to have out, so your Pidgeots will almost never have their normal Weakness. Sorry, but it's just not practical to pretend otherwise. Decks like Kingdra and Palkia have high, low cost damage or powerful locking to (hopefully) deal with Luxray. Pidgeot has neither.

And the Tangrowth-based decks that are popping up will get served if they're played at Battle Roads, believe me. BLG/BlazeLux annihilates the entire deck easily, and is still popular, despite what some people seem to think.

Okay, good, I'm glad Tangrowth will get dominated. That makes me feel better <<"

Pidgeot does have a low-cost and decently damaging+disruptive attack though. Or at least, it will be low-cost once DCE returns to the format.

Tangrowth is simply too slow to make a large impact. BlazeRay laughs in its face. Anything speedy and high-damage-dealing will hurt it immensely.

On topic, for Pidgeot to do lots of damage, it would need to take a lot of damage. And with 120 HP, that damage can be limited. Can be OK, but SSU would be good for the bird.

Grass decks have been getting slack from the beginning of Battle Roads with Infernape 4 w/ Luxray GL. When Blaziken FB came out, grass decks just went, "OH HECK NO!" and ran off.

if you make the right list this deck could be pretty good. it works well at being disruptive and potentially deals large damage if it gets hit. plus free retreats. as far as the luxray thing big deal just cuz one card can kill it doesn't mean the deck will be worthless. weakness won't make it a complete auto-loss. and if it becomes a real problem there are things called techs. i kinda like this idea. i might try it at the next roads. i'll let you know how it goes.

Actually, being weak to Luxray without an effective answer is rather debilitatating when it's the most popular and easy attacker in the format. I don't understand what you aren't getting about this.

And Weakness, in this case, actually does "make it a complete auto-loss." Especially in this format, where Pidgeot has to be losing for it to keep up with other decks in terms of Energy requirement.

It's not just Luxray, either. Bees and Kingdra knock you around with powerful one Energy attacks that keep you from doing anything particularly threatening, in comparison, in return. Crobat G and Unown (G)'s existence and high usage rate also make Whirlwind's effect harmless to almost everything, so it really doesn't work "well at being disruptive" either. The type is nice against Flygon, but murders your chances against Gengar, who shakes off the ten damage you do under Maternal Comfort and can retreat to heal off that last ten and leave them with a shiny, polished off Gengar again. And again, you have no disruption to keep any deck from setting up to its heart's content.

GL in Battle Roads, though. Even though there aren't any in the U.S. now.

Last edited:
Back