Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SW RH Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quatra

The DP sets have some really great cards in them. But what's up with the RH cards? I bought 12 packs this Evening and had 5 RH cards with a nasty line going down the middle of it. I know a Topic such as this was created a while back with DP 1. But i'm wondering if anyone else has had these same flaws in them. You'd think they would see the issues with the RH cards for the DP sets, and change it to something better. Having the background Holographic is nice, but it also means that they are more prone to scratches. Playability doesn't require Mint cards, as they tend to get beat up in play anyway. But for collectors it means that if we want a near Perfect card, we have to get another copy of the card. Anyway, just my 2 cents on the subject.

Is it an actual scratch or just one of the lines where the foil went? When they make the cards, sometimes the foil sheet isn't as big as the card sheet making there a small line in the foil where they joined the sheets.
If it's just the foil line then that doesn't make increse or decrese in value, thats just how they make the reverse foils now.

EDIT: Here is an example of a foil line.(In the midle of Gardy) This card for example, is still considered in mint condition.

Last edited:
The issue is that POP (or whoever's responsibility it is) has not corrected thesre production mistakes, and that we are still getting an inferior product. :nonono:

I've decided that if that is how it is when i pull it from a pack, then that's considered to be mint.

And you have to sleeve the PFs as soon as they are out of the pack so they do not get scratched - lost a whole prerelease worth of PFs because i had them in a deck box unsleeved.

The line is not a scratch, as in it had been damaged by a finger nail or something. But more the Foil sheet itself has the line in it. For me, i can handle faint lines. But not very obvious ones. It just seems that they are using some really cheap material, that in my opinion makes them look non-mint.

Can't they go back to making the pictures holo instead of the cards. When they did it that way the cards looked way better IMO and they weren't so easy to scratch or ruin.
~Cyber~

The EX series had this same reverse foil pattern for the first 4 sets, too. I don't know why they went back to it, since everyone seemed to like the most recent pattern (HL-PK, each set is a little different, but they're basically the same) best.

These holos are easier to scratch, but I noticed a huge difference from DP1 to MT. The DP1 holos were terrible. It looked like they made MT holos a little better, so they didn't scratch as easily.

Yeah most of my RH cards are like that, but the crease is only noticeable at a certain angle under the light. These "Ruby Sapphire, Sandstorm, Dragon, and Magma/Aqua STYLE" RH cards are not that great, IMO. Like mentioned above, they do scratch a lot easier compared to cards where only the pictures are RH. Plus, these RH cards are more unbearable to look at because they are much harder to read. Whether they are in a deck or in a collector's binder, they are hard to read regardless because there is too much glare coming off the cards when under the lights. Even when you angle the card away from the light and try to read it, the text seems harder to make out through the foil, IMO...

I really hope they go back to making the pictures RH because that will make them easier to read, and I also miss having the set logos on the pictures....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back