Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sw337 Rogue Decks @ Regionals?

drrty byl

Just curious to know what kind of ideas have been floating around as to different rogue decks surfacing for Regionals.

There are a lot of great overlooked cards on the fringes of the current format and G is now the deck to beat. Perhaps something that consistently beats G and Machamp/GEChamp? Perhaps an unexpected, overlooked game mechanic will be exploited -- like status. Discuss.

WARNING: this thread is not a poll.

Byl, I'm SURE you can come up with a brilliant, game breaking SDDDDDDD. I mean, you're one of the most intelligent minds this game bears, Ness coming after you of course. A 5w337 deck will have to be determined during the tournament though.

Last edited:
Hey Byl,

Rogue Master Mime, Gino, et al have made a huge effort to break the format just in time for Regionals. Such concepts include:

-Porygon-Z
-Beedrill
-Beautifly
-Gardevoir/Gallade
-Tyranitar
-Magnezone

and many more.

fighting type weakness? UGH.

I wish that fighting type Toxicroak G is in format right now.... :/

figure out how to play DBS (dustox,blazikin,skuntank)and you win, if your opponent cant hurt you how can they win?.... . i think i just heard the format crack lol. >=(takes care of..) blaze>dialga tank/blaze>gengar dustox>champ and with two auto conditions dustox's body protects itself. hows that for a 5w337 deck?

Last edited:
I like your rogue idea, phoenixback4fire.

What about good ole' MARIO.dec -- Lucario DP/Machamp SF? It seems like Fighting is the desirable type vs. Gigas, the deck can run on few trainers, thus making its GeChamp matchup better, and is just all-around consistent.

And whatever happened to Exploud? Paired with power-lock (Mesprit), the effects of his first attack could be absolutely brutal.

I think we finally have the tools to undertake a real rogue coup for Regionals.

Who will stand with me?

Last edited:
Electivire lv x /Mismagius sf with pachirsu and honckrow g.
When facing gechamp, use honchkrow g to grab lake boundary....
it will counter sp decks and porygon z....

I like your rogue idea, phoenixback4fire.

What about good ole' MARIO.dec -- Lucario DP/Machamp SF? It seems like Fighting is the desirable type vs. Gigas, the deck can run on few trainers, thus making its GeChamp matchup better, and is just all-around consistent.

And whatever happened to Exploud? Paired with power-lock (Mesprit), the effects of his first attack could be absolutely brutal.

I think we finally have the tools to undertake a real rogue coup for Regionals.

Who will stand with me?

For Mario, why not Lucario LA? 1 for 30 to anything, 2HKOs most basics.

Exploud is leet. My LL ran it with Amphy at MD states and made T16.

Rage 780: your Electivire/Mismagius/Pachirisu concept is scintillating.
And Brawler -- I think you're right about Lucario LA being the better play for Mario. Its attributes are just so much better.

Gino -- If you're not playing rogue, you're not really playing.

4-4 Ninjask decks with 4 Shedinja? At least you guarantee a consistent start... the damage output will destroy you though...

A new deck archetype that utilizes Gengar SF and Machamp SF as its attackers in order to crush the competition, which currently consists largely of all-basic (G) and other Machamp decks. I believe it did quite well during the second weekend of State/Province/Territory tournaments. It is one of the tick-marks on the current Rogue must-beat list.

wait, i thought the big deck was NaYa aggro?

I've been working on a good Natu/Yanmega list. Way to spoil it. Back to the drawing board.
If someone cracks that list, they will sweep their Regionals (wherever that might be).

figure out how to play DBS (dustox,blazikin,skuntank)and you win, if your opponent cant hurt you how can they win?.... . i think i just heard the format crack lol. >=(takes care of..) blaze>dialga tank/blaze>gengar dustox>champ and with two auto conditions dustox's body protects itself. Q: hows that for a 5w337 deck?

A: Uh, poorly conceived, at best.
Clearly, you're joking.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back