Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Swamp-Thing needs to lose some weight... Let's cut him up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg_27107

PKMN: 25
4x Mudkip (2x Water gun, 2x Bubble)
2x Marshtomp (1x Dragon, 1x R/S Bubble & Slash)
3x Swampert (R/S Water Call)
2x Swampert EX
2x Magnemite (Dragon Random Spark)
2x Magneton
2x Skitty (Minor Errand Running)
2x Delcatty (Energy Draw)
2x Suicune EX
4x Dunsparce (SS Strike and Run)

TRNRS: 18
4x TV Reporter
3x Rare Candy
3x Professor Elm’s Training Method
2x Oracle
2x Crystal Shard
2x Switch
2x Warp Point

NRG: 17
12x Water
3x Boost
2x Lightning

Here's the issue... 25 PKMN just seems like a monstrous number. Sure, Delcatty/Magneton speeds things up a little bit but I still think its a little slow and needs some more draw power. Lets see if we can slim the Swamp-Thing down and speed up his deck. :D

okie dokie, i am up to the challenge.......

first off, i don't think u need magneton....... i think a couple fisherman makes things a lot easier

so try these fixes

-2 mite
-2 ton
-3 boost
-2 lightning
-3 petm (i absolutely loathe this card)
-2 switch

+2 oracle
+2 shaman
+2 fisherman
+2 wobbs
+2 multi
+1 tv
+1 warp
+2 por

that should do it.... u now have a more focused deck.... enjoy

Cyborg_27107 said:
PKMN: 25
4x Mudkip (2x Water gun, 2x Bubble)
2x Marshtomp (1x Dragon, 1x R/S Bubble & Slash)
3x Swampert (R/S Water Call)
2x Swampert EX
2x Magnemite (Dragon Random Spark)
2x Magneton
2x Skitty (Minor Errand Running)
2x Delcatty (Energy Draw)
2x Suicune EX
4x Dunsparce (SS Strike and Run)

TRNRS: 18
4x TV Reporter
3x Rare Candy
3x Professor Elm’s Training Method
2x Oracle
2x Crystal Shard
2x Switch
2x Warp Point

NRG: 17
12x Water
3x Boost
2x Lightning

Boost? Why? The list was pretty good except for that. People who say "drop the ton" most likely haven't playtested this deck to a large extent, it's needed. Versus mirror it can be a deciding factor, and requires much less energy for the deck to work because of it's power combined with Delcatty's.

Second issue: 2 Oracle? Is that all you have? You need four, no questions asked.

Third issue: 2/2 Switch Warp? That's kinda excessive. Put tEChy stuff in their place. New list:

POKEMON: 25
4x Mudkip
2x Marshtomp
3x Swampert
2x Swampert EX
2x Magnemite
2x Magneton
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty
2x Suicune EX
4x Dunsparce

TRAINERS: 19
4x Oracle
4x Rare Candy
3x POR
3x Reporter
2x PETM
2x Shard
1x Warp Point

NRG: 16
14x Water
2x Lightning

THIS will help the deck run smoother. tEChing in one boost is a great idea, especially since Delcatty needs 5 energy to OHKO Rayquaza, and Magneton needs 5 to OHKO Cune ex. Drop a water for one if you want just a tECh one, but only tECh one is you run 4 Oracle, or else it'll be useless and you'll almost never find it when you want it.

This deck goes about 55-45 against Blaziken, maybe even 60-40, and Magneton only helps the process. This deck should see a lot of play at Worlds due to its ability to beat Blaziken pretty consistantly. This is my list in progress, but I'll continue to work on it, because after Hidden Legends is relreased, there will be a special card that will fit ESPECIALLY nicely into this deck...hehehe...

The deck has potency, no matter how you look at it. There will be a lot of Blaziken at Worlds: running this deck will be a good choice all the way around.

~WOoPeE

SuperWooper said:
Boost? Why? The list was pretty good except for that. People who say "drop the ton" most likely haven't playtested this deck to a large extent, it's needed. Versus mirror it can be a deciding factor, and requires much less energy for the deck to work because of it's power combined with Delcatty's.

Second issue: 2 Oracle? Is that all you have? You need four, no questions asked.

Third issue: 2/2 Switch Warp? That's kinda excessive. Put tEChy stuff in their place. New list:

4x Mudkip
2x Marshtomp
3x Swampert
2x Swampert EX
2x Magnemite
2x Magneton
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty
2x Suicune EX
4x Dunsparce

4x Oracle
4x Rare Candy
3x POR
3x Reporter
2x PETM
2x Shard
1x Warp Point

14x Water
2x Lightning

THIS will help the deck run smoother. tEChing in one boost is a great idea, especially since Delcatty needs 5 energy to OHKO Rayquaza, and Magneton needs 5 to OHKO Cune ex. Drop a water for one if you want just a tECh one, but only tECh one is you run 4 Oracle, or else it'll be useless and you'll almost never find it when you want it.

This deck goes about 55-45 against Blaziken, maybe even 60-40, and Magneton only helps the process. This deck should see a lot of play at Worlds due to its ability to beat Blaziken pretty consistantly. This is my list in progress, but I'll continue to work on it, because after Hidden Legends is relreased, there will be a special card that will fit ESPECIALLY nicely into this deck...hehehe...

The deck has potency, no matter how you look at it. There will be a lot of Blaziken at Worlds: running this deck will be a good choice all the way around.

~WOoPeE

Reply to Issues 1 & 2: The fact that I only own 2x Oracle is what led to me using the 3x Boost for the exact reasons you listed.

Reply to Issue 3: I just really don't like to give up prizes. If they don't OHKO of my Active PKMN, its going to end up on the bench. It's not necessary but I really liked it when I started playing the deck. They usually just end up in my hand at the end of the game or used to retrieve a couple energy with `Ton. Against BAR/RAMBO, I more than likely will never get to use them, so I will bend to thy will Mr. Gamecube-Winner.

1-2 Boost is definitely a good idea. Even more than powering up Catty and Ton I have used it a lot on Swampert. I can't tell you how many times I've had 1 Swampert with 1 Water on it and I was able to attack that turn w/Water Call and Boost. And then next turn I just Water Call and normal attach and don't miss a turn.

your deck is fine as it is... 25 pokemon may seem alot but everything is needed...

this is what i suggest...

- Suicune Ex (most of the time u want to attack with Swamp-ex)
+ Oracle (Oracle/Delcatty can help get out crystal shards in tight times)

this is where i know people are going to say this is a stupid idea... but this is how i run my Swampert deck

- Another Suicune
- 2 Lightning Energy
- 2 Water Energy

+ Entei Ex
+ 2 Fire
+ 2 Rainbow

this is how i see it... this deck will die against a good sceptile deck, because it has resistance and swampert-ex has weakness... basically you only call out entei-ex when you vs a grass deck...

Last edited:
kevin- said:
your deck is fine as it is... 25 pokemon may seem alot but everything is needed...

this is what i suggest...

- Suicune Ex (most of the time u want to attack with Swamp-ex)
+ Oracle (Oracle/Delcatty can help get out crystal shards in tight times)

this is where i know people are going to say this is a stupid idea... but this is how i run my Swampert deck

- Another Suicune
- 2 Lightning Energy
- 2 Water Energy

+ Entei Ex
+ 2 Fire
+ 2 Rainbow

this is how i see it... this deck will die against a good sceptile deck, because it has resistance and swampert-ex has weakness... basically you only call out entei-ex when you vs a grass deck...
You have to worry a lot more about Blaziken then Sceptile. The reason why Suicune ex should be the main attacker over Swampert ex is you have to count on Blaziken being the most seen deck.

SuperWooper said:

4x Mudkip
2x Marshtomp
3x Swampert
2x Swampert EX
2x Magnemite
2x Magneton
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty
2x Suicune EX
4x Dunsparce

4x Oracle
4x Rare Candy
3x POR
3x Reporter
2x PETM
2x Shard
1x Warp Point

14x Water
2x Lightning

~WOoPeE
The only difference between this and my deck is that I have
1 Swampert (-1)
3 Rare Candy (-1)
1 teched Ditto (+1)
3 PETM (+1)

I've been thinking about taking out Ditto or a Dunsparce for a 3rd Suicune ex. I've found that the 3rd Suicune ex can save me endgame vs Blaziken or if one is in the prizes. Oh, and what do you think about playing one Kyogre ex if it's translated to Safeguard vs Rayquaza ex? I might play 2 Cune, 1 Kyogre when Kyogre ex comes out. For now, I'll probably play 2 Cune and keep 4 Sparce and a Ditto. What do you think? Oh yeah, another difference, I play Shaman over POR. It has won me many games. Here's my list:

Pokemon: 25
4 Mudkip
2 Marshtomp
3 Swampert
1 Swampert EX
2 Magnemite
2 Magneton
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
2 Suicune EX
4 Dunsparce
1 Ditto

Trainers: 19
4 Oracle
3 Rare Candy
3 Desert Shaman
3 Reporter
3 PETM
2 Crystal Shard
1 Warp Point

Energy: 16
14 Water
2 Lightning

I might take out Ditto or a Sparce for a 3rd Suicune ex maybe. Playtesting in progress. I also might tech Omastar O_O like Pramawat did. But there's no element of surprise anymore in that... but still. I might take out the 3rd PETM, but I still keep it in because being able to get out Delcatty turn 2 is very valuable. If I SARs turn 1, Oracle won't get it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back