Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SWD's 1st Place Sping Battle Roads in MD!!!

Shadowwiidragon

Today I woke up, got some breakfast and talked to Gliscor on PokeBeach about Battle Roads. Then I left my house around 10:35 and went to the BR's in Rockville, MD. It was between FlyClops and Giratina Disruption for BR's. Gliscor said to use Giratina because there were a lot of speed decks, like Jumpluff, Kingdra, and Shuppet. I decided on FlyClops because I thought Dusknoir SF#1 would help a lot, since Night Spin prevents attacks from pokemon with 2 or less energy on it to Dusknoir. I got my deck checked in, during the last 10 minutes of registration. Registration was suppose to end at 11:30, but ended at 12:15 because extra people came. So there were 3 Juniors, 7 Seniors, and about 11 Masters at BR's today. Since there wasn't enough juniors, they were combined with the Seniors. BTW, I am a Senior, if you didn't know. I traded with my friend Andrew, for his Jumpluff. The judge told us there were only 3 Rounds and top 2 cut for each division, since there was a small amount of people. So, we wait until pairing come up.

Round 1: Shadowwiidragon (FlyClops) vs. Andrew (Fire/Grass deck)

OMG, I had to battle Andrew. Before BR's started I was helping with his deck, but thank goodness he already deck checked before me. So that he wasn't able to make the changes I told him about. I start with Trapinch and Baltoy. He starts with Torkcoal and attaches a Fire Energy. I get a T2 Flygon with two energy on it and do 40 to his Torkcoal. He still doesn't attack. I get Flygon Lv.X out and start KOing his pokemon. He takes no prizes.

So I am 1-0, Gliscor:0-1, Dylan: 1-0. Gliscor got Donked by Dylan.They get lunch and start eating. My dad disappeared during round 1 and then comes back without lunch. So then he leaves again to get lunch from Wendy's. Round 1 took like an hour because there was still a match happening in the Master division. It Scizor with Shaymin vs. Magnezone with Heatran and Dialga Lv.X. The Magnezone deck was about to deck out and his Heatran was burned and was close to being KOed. He flips tails on Burn and loses the game. It was an epic match.

Round 2: Shadowwiidragon (1-0) vs. Dylan (1-0) with Jumpluff

I thought I was surely going to lose this match because he could of Donked me. I started out with Trapinch and Baltoy again. I went second and brought out Duskull and Spiritomb, benched them. I evolve my Duskull into Dusclops and attach an energy to it. I let him KO my Trapinch next turn. I bring up Spiritomb to Darkness Grace my Claydol. He KO's Spiritomb. I bring up Dusknoir with 3 energy on it and use Night Spin to do 50 to his Jumpluff and prevent his damage done to Dusknoir, since he only had 1 energy on Jumpluff. Next turn he uses Leaf Guard to have -30 damage done to him from Dusknoir. I attack and do 20 damage next turn. He gets Luxray GL Lv.X out and pulls up my Claydol and KO's it with Jumpluff after Poke Turning the Luxray GL Lv.X. I brought up Flygon and leveled up. Retreat and bring Dusknoir up and damage even to Jumpluff. For my 3rd prize. He has no Claydol left on his bench, since I Dark Palmed it with the DP Dusknoir. He used Psychic Restore a lot so he could Uxie back and set up. Next turn He brings up another Jumpluff and KO's with Dusknoir Lv.X. It becomes a stadium and did one damage to each of his pokemon. I had another Dusknoir SF and brought up and KOed his Luxray GL with Damage Even and his Jumpluff was KOed by the Dusknoir Lv.X stadium. For two prizes and I won. What a long match, but was fun.

I am 2-0, Gliscor 1-1, and Dylan 1-1. Gliscor was angry that I beat Dylan because he needed a better resistance. My dad came back from Wendy's and I ate lunch. Gliscor told me the other 2-0 was the guy playing Shuppet Donk. Pairings for Round 3 come up.

Round 3: Shadowwiidragon (2-0) vs. Vic (2-0) with Shuppet Donk

I had a horrible start. My hand was Trapinch, Premier Ball, Palmer's, Fighting Energy, Psychic Energy, Warp Point and another card that didn't help. I go second thank goodness, but still wasn't able to draw a Call Energy or Roseanne's or Basic pokemon. I only could use Sand Tomb. Next turn I got donked because he SSU the Unown Q. After I heard everybody laughing that Gliscor got T1 Donked by a Junior. Then he left and went home.

Standings for Senior Division in MD:
#1 Vic
#2 Shadowwiidragon (Me)
#3 Sam
#4 Dylan
#5 Gliscor
#6 Chris
#7 Andrew

Yay I made top 2 cut!!!:biggrin:

So I went to sort out my deck and gave it to the judge. It took a while for deck check again. He tells us to come sit down in the spots he assigned us.

Shadowwiidragon vs. Vic

Okay I start out with Spiritomb and Trapinch. He starts with Unown Q and Unown R. I trainer lock him for 4-5 turns and set up my bench. I bring up Dusknoir to use Night Spin for 50 damage. He uses Warp Point to KO Spiritomb. I take like 2-3 prizes after a while. He sets up a Sheninja SV and prevents my Dusknoir from attacking him. So I thought what is good to KO it that didn't have bodies or powers. I bring up Shiny Duskull and do 3 damage to him with no energy. He retreats out and KO's it with Shuppet Donk. He has like 5 cards left in his deck. So I bring up Flygon Lv.X to use Wind Erosion. We were down both to 1 prize. He gave up because he could tell my Spiritomb AR was on the bench and I had out Baltoy doing 20 damage Sheninja SV and I could retreat it and KO his Sheninja.

I won the first one and there is like 40 minutes left for 2 more rounds.

Round 2:

I get Trapinch start and Baltoy start, but he says I go first. So I play Duskull and Reaper Cloth into Dusclops. And I bench another Trapinch. He KO's my first Trapinch and I bring up the next one. I use Roseanne's for Spiritomb and Fighting Energy. I retreat and bring up Spiritomb and Darkness Grace for Claydol. I was getting a slow set up this round. Next turn he does 30 damage to Spiritomb. I evolve Dusclops into Dusknoir SF and put psychic energy on to it. He KO's Spiritomb. I bring up Dusknoir and use Night Spin to KO his Mr. Mime. He took like a good 3 prizes. Next turn he uses two Poke Blower to bring up my Flygon and KO it with Shuppet with Expert Belt and 2 Plus power and Flygon had 50 damage counters on it already. He uses Sheninja SV to KO the Claydol that had 70 damage on it from a couple turns ago when he used Poke Blower. He had one pirze left and 4 cards left in his deck. I bring up Flygon Lv.X and start Wind Erosioning his deck. Judge calls time and he wins because he had taken more prizes then me. He had 1 prize and I had 4 prizes.

Sudden Death!!!

He doesn't want me to get a Spiritomb start, but I do get the Spiritomb. I trainer lock him and for five turns and he can't get a supporter. While I set up a Dusknoir SF and KO his Mr. Mime that was active for the win.

Yes I won BR's!!!! 1st Place!!!

I got my four packs and got Suicune/ Raikou Legend (Top Half) and Ursaring Prime. He got Kingdra Prime.

The judge (Kevin) asks for my address, so that the pokemon people can mail the Victory Medal Card to me, since he didn't get it today.

Pros:

1st Place at BR's in MD
Dad for taking me.
Giving FlyClops a second chance, since it did horrible at VA Regionals.
Wendy's for Lunch
Ursaring Prime and Top half of Suicune and Raikou Legend
Gliscor for being there
Having fun with friends!
Beating Jumpluff

Cons:

Waiting so long for Round 1 to be over
Getting Donked during round 3 by a new player
Not getting the Victory Medal card yet
Seeing Gliscor get donked by a Junior
Everyone who usually does good, went 1-2
Not decking in a Looker's Investigation for Shuppet decks

Thanks for reading my AMAZING BR's Report from Rockville, Maryland!!! :biggrin:

Juniors had a top 2??
I assume that masters only had 8 before the late addtions?? (Otherwise they should have done 4 rnds)
Supplies came in at least a week ago; dunno why Laurel didn't get her VMs...

Looks like you guys had a nice day! Maybe see some of the MD players today in Stafford, VA :thumb:

Back