Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SWD's Epic Fail States in VA!!!

Shadowwiidragon

Today I woke up at 7:00 AM and waited for Gliscor to pick me up, since I didn't have a ride. So Gliscor and I just battled with our DS in the car, until we got there. The place was pretty big and a lot of people were there. So, Gliscor and I went to get registered. I ran Flyclops today and Gliscor ran Gyarados and piplup234 was running SpiriPlox. I bought dice from the vendor for like $9.00. We waited like an hour after registration was finished. I practiced with Shuppet Donk against Gliscor's Gyarados. There was a coloring contest, so Gliscor and I decided to color to waste time. Then finally they posted up the pairings! :biggrin:

The Metagame was not how I predicted it to be.

The Metagame:

Cursegar
SpiriPlox
LuxChomp/Dialga G
Anything with Mr. Mime MT in it

Round 1: Shadowwiidragon (Flyclops) vs. Brian (Speedrill)

He starts with a Chatot MD and shuffles his hand into his deck. I start with Duskull and a Roseanne's. I get a Spiritomb AR and Baltoy with Roseanne's. Then I attach an energy to Duskull and then evolve it into Dusclops. He then brings up a Luxray GL Lv.X and switches Dusclops with Baltoy and KO's it. I set up Dusknoir SF and Night Spin his Beedrills from attacking. And win.

Gliscor, piplup234 and I are 1-0.

For round 2 Gliscor goes against piplup234.

Round 2: Shadowwiidragon 1-0 (Flyclops) vs. Somebody 1-0 (Grass deck)

I start with Trapinch and attach an energy. He sets up a Beautifly with 4 energy later in the game. I set up a Flygon Lv.X and KO everything and he doesn't KO any of my pokemon.

Gliscor and I won Round 2, piplup234 is 1-1.

Lunch time! So we go to the food stand and buy pizza for $2.00 a slice.

45 minutes later, round 3 begins.

Round 3: Shadowwiidragon 2-0 (Flyclops) vs. Ram Rao 2-0 (Cursegar)

This was one of my worst match ups for Flyclops. I set up a Dusknoir DP. He sets up two Gengar's, one curse and other fainting spell. He puts 6 damage counters on to my Dusknoir. I Damage Even to KO his benched Spiritomb AR. He KO's Dusknoir. It takes me three turns to set up a Flygon Lv.X, I finally KO his Gengar SF. He flips heads on Fainting Spell and takes another prize. He starts to spread more damage counters to my other benched Flygon until it gets KOed. I bring up a Dusknoir and attack his benched Duskull. He attaches Cyclone Energy and I only have Spiritomb on the bench. And he KO's it because he had an Expert Belt on Cursegar.

I'm 2-1, Gliscor 3-0, piplup234 2-1.

Round 4: Shadowwiidragon 2-1 (Flyclops) vs. Patrick Tuskey 2-1 (Luxape with Garchomp C)

I start with a Trapinch. He starts with two Infernape E4. He tries to Donk my Trapinch, but doesn't. And only does 20 with Split Bomb. I get a Baltoy with Luxury Ball and Rare Candy into Claydol. He Power Sprays for two turns and I don't get anymore basics. So he won.

FAIL (2-2) Gliscor 4-0, piplup234 3-1

After they gave away Ultra Ball beach balls. Smile

Round 5: Shadowwiidragon 2-2 (Flyclops) vs. Orian 2-2 (random deck)

I set up a Flygon Lv.X and KO his Weezing and his other basic pokemon for the win.

Round 6: Shadowwiidragon 3-2 (Flyclops) vs. Steven Yun 3-2 (Stallgon)

I hated this battle so much. I start Azelf and Baltoy. He sets up a Flygon with Memory Berry. I set up my bench with everything I need. He inviting traps my Spiritomb AR and uses Sand Tomb, so that I can't get out of retreating. He makes me deck out because I couldn't retreat the Spiritomb AR.

I go 3-3, EPIC FAIL!

Congrats to Gliscor and piplup234 for making top 8 cut. And I came in 16th... :frown:

My parents come and pick me up.

Pros:

Getting a ride for Gliscor and his dad
Having Pizza for lunch
Getting new dice
Getting a Ultra Ball beach ball
Seeing Gliscor, piplup234, Brawler, eevee, and other PokeBeach/ PokeGym members, who were there.
Shuppet Donk in practice rounds
Gliscor and piplup234 for making top cut
Meeting new people I didn't know

Cons:

Flyclops for being slow
Not making top cut
Losing last round because of decking out
Dad didn't take me to States in VA
Cursegar, Luxape, Stallgon preventing me for doing well
And going 3-3!!!
And everything else that went wrong today for me.

Thanks for reading my epic fail report. :frown:

Back