Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sweet Dreams - Greatest Unlimited Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
This deck was originally a grass deck. Then over time developed an all-around style. Every pokemon has its back covered and more. It was a great relief from the Haymaker and raindance of the day. At my local card shop this deck happened to enrage alot of people. Infact I'd say it got hated on a bit and I was forced to play even more rogue decks of the time. Which was incredibly fun. But by far, this deck has proved to be my Masterpeice. I call it Sweet Dreams...

3x Wigglytuff (Jungle)
4x Jigglypuff (Jungle)
2x Haunter (Fossil)
3x Gastly (Fossil)
3x Mewtwo (Psyburn Promo)
3x Scyther (Jungle)
18-PKMN

2 Rocket's Sneak Attack
3 Gust of Wind
3 Nightly Garbage Run
4 Professor Oak
4 Computer Search
2 Item Finder
4 Plus Power
22-Trainers

16 Psychic
4 Double Colorless Energy
20-Energy

Notice cards aren't beyond Rocket.
This deck is extremely consistent. I'm able to play it like I'm running. I really wanted to show how well it plays against misdreveas, but that kid had to go and make the top 8. Well ill try to get to Emerald ex earlier and play it there. Any takers in florida?

Main reason for posting this deck is to replicate a deck like it in modified. Now I ask for comments and advice. I'd like to play the 'tuff again. (Wigglytuff ex - Love at first site)

Last edited:
No way...

the fossil haunter keeps them stalled, thats the idea for it

50% they cant wake up, if they do, and try to hit him, 50% it wont work.

The format is pre-Gym or just Unlimited? You are forgeting lots of cards from later sets, like Recycle Energy, and Gold Berry/Focus Band, but most important BABIES!!! You should add 4 Cleffa and 2 Tyrogue, they are a must in every deck. Add Lass too, it's excellent combined with Cleffa.
You have some extra energy, with Double Colorless, Recycle and Mewtwo Promo you shouldn't worry about that so i think that 4 Recycle 4 Double Colorless and 8 Psychic is far enough.
Play 2 Town Volunteers over nightly Garbage Run and add in any stadium card.

It was fun getting to playtest against you at FL States... sorry we didn't get to finish the match. Nice deck... Wiggly has always been a cool card to play. I'll keep it pre-Gym in my fix since that's the way you designed it. I don't really see the need for 16 Psychic energies in here, and I'd recommend Chansey over the Gastly line. Personally, here's what I'd do:

-5 Psychic Energy
-3 Gastly
-2 Haunter
-1 Nightly Garbage Run
+2 Chansey
+4 Energy Removal
+1 Wigglytuff
+2 Switch
+2 Bill

I'm not sure what part of FL you live in, but if I see you again soon, I'd be happy to get to finish our match. As far as what would be good in a modified Wiggly ex deck, the reprint of Elm's Training Method in the next set should be something that would really help it since you wouldn't have to rely on something like Pidgeot to search out your Wiggly ex. Boost Energy is helpful too. That's about all I can think of at the moment, however. Good luck with it (both unlimited and modified if you choose to make it)!

Last edited:
Thanks Misdreavus,
I guess I'll wait till the pre-release to start working on the modified version of this deck. I live in the Jacksonville area. So I'll be going to casselberry's ex emeral prerelease - saves 2 hours of driving.

instead of using mewtwo use mewtwo ex since you can go off for a turn 2 60 or more if you add pluspowers or strength charms. plus having 100 hp for a basic aint all that bad which i think is worth the risk of the 2 prize ex risk.

18 Pokemon and 20 Energy is way to much.
Drop the Pokemon down to like 12, lol, and
drop the energy to like 12.

And I can't believe there is only 22 Trainers
in here. I run like 41 Trainers in mine. Fill in
the rest of the Empty spots with trainers.
Believe me, in unlimited speed is everything.

What does yours look like? I'm curious, not many people play 'tuff.

Also Mainly I'd like to make another all around deck like this for modified with two Stage 1's and the rest basic. Maybe just change to the updated models of those pokemon. IE Mewtwo ex and Scyther ex.

I suggest you stick with a grass deck. I really have'nt played an unlimited deck since neo revelation but I used a Meganium/Exxegutor with tons of Double Colorless

Lord Broly said:
18 Pokemon and 20 Energy is way to much.
Drop the Pokemon down to like 12, lol, and
drop the energy to like 12.

And I can't believe there is only 22 Trainers
in here. I run like 41 Trainers in mine. Fill in
the rest of the Empty spots with trainers.
Believe me, in unlimited speed is everything.

less pokemon means less power for wiggly...

12 energy is also kind of retarted. 41 trainers is too. keep in mind his deck was pre-gym stuff, so fossil and up, and it beats the pulp out of any other unlim. deck ive seen him play against.

I want to play wiggly its my fav pokemon i wish your deck best of luck it sounds kick butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryanvergel said:
less pokemon means less power for wiggly...

12 energy is also kind of retarted. 41 trainers is too. keep in mind his deck was pre-gym stuff, so fossil and up, and it beats the pulp out of any other unlim. deck ive seen him play against.

Yeah um if you add in lots of trainers you can
grab the Pokemon with ease. Besides Wiggly
isn't good. Many decks can out run it, like mine
because there is more trainers. Also 41 Trainers
actually works. I never get a bad hand and I
rarely lose. Wiggly still wasn't dominant before
pregym, Haymaker was. My deck is like Haymaker
except I use Sneasel, MPM2, Tyrogue, and Cleffa.
Also I have lots of Disruption. On average I can run
through 1/2 my deck to 3/4 of my deck in one turn.

Anyway if you have any questions about the Wiggly
deck send me a PM and i'll give you a good deck fix.

Lord Broly said:
Yeah um if you add in lots of trainers you can
grab the Pokemon with ease. Besides Wiggly
isn't good. Many decks can out run it, like mine
because there is more trainers. Also 41 Trainers
actually works. I never get a bad hand and I
rarely lose. Wiggly still wasn't dominant before
pregym, Haymaker was. My deck is like Haymaker
except I use Sneasel, MPM2, Tyrogue, and Cleffa.
Also I have lots of Disruption. On average I can run
through 1/2 my deck to 3/4 of my deck in one turn.

Anyway if you have any questions about the Wiggly
deck send me a PM and i'll give you a good deck fix.

Haymaker was crap before ~_~. Monchan gets rocked by scyther and definitely mewtwo/haunter, and wiggly+full bench+pluspower=KO any haymaker pokemon(buzz, mag, scyther, mewtwo, chan=all have 70 hp)

ryanvergel said:
No way...

the fossil haunter keeps them stalled, thats the idea for it

50% they cant wake up, if they do, and try to hit him, 50% it wont work.
Wow, only 25% chance of getting hit.
Now this is what I call stalling.

The point of most wigglytuff decks wasn't to stall in the first place, you were meant to get that wiggly out by the second turn and swing for 60.

Hitmonchan, scyther, wiggly, the odd ditto in some versions. Mewtwo slowed down the deck. Since that required a combo in itself. You need super energy removal. That's the best way to maintain your advantage after everything is in place.

ryanvergel said:
Haymaker was crap before ~_~. Monchan gets rocked by scyther and definitely mewtwo/haunter, and wiggly+full bench+pluspower=KO any haymaker pokemon(buzz, mag, scyther, mewtwo, chan=all have 70 hp)

What are you on? Haymaker was the best. The
Reason for this is because it's all basics. Wiggly
is an evolution which means it will be easy to
KO the puff before it evolves into tuff.Chances
are your Jigglypuff's will be KO'ed before they
evolve.

Ryan just give up Wiggly won't beat Haymaker.

Also ryan I think you should go to this post and
read it.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12546&highlight=Haymaker

Last edited:
I have to vouch for my deck here. At the local tournaments the only decks played were haymaker and raindance. I kicked their butts. haymaker couldn't beat my wiggly deck. Especially not the way i play it.

They probably just played it wrong, if you
get a really good unlimited player, Haymaker
will run circles around wiggly.

Also Energy Removal and Super Energy Removal
will destroy your deck.

Last edited:
Lord Broly said:
They probably just played it wrong, if you
get a really good unlimited player, Haymaker
will run circles around wiggly.

Also Energy Removal and Super Energy Removal
will destroy your deck.

Haymakers can't beat it..

Simply because everyone besides 'Tuff has free retreat, so whomever they bring out, you switch out and kill. Chan can't hurt Scyther, and haunter kills him, Buzz doesn't do enough damage,

and not to mention:

wiggly+full bench+pluspower=ONE HIT ANY HAYMAKER POKEMON

I've seen this deck dominate every tournament it was entered in, and it's consistentcy is where it's power is at. Play against it AND THEN say it's weak to haymaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back