Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

T-Tar, Pretty Boss...

I made a new T-Tar deck, its amazing. Now i c y people still think T-Tar is good. With all of the G decks around, it makes it really easy to sweep the bench with 3 spinning tails. Whatcha think?? is T-Tar still good for BR's, Nats, and maybe Worlds???

Exept for Champ it CAN pretty mcuh beat everything. It has a lot of hard matchups but it is still really good. I've even seen it beat champ a few times but it's still good.

Word.

Nevertheless, it takes a lot more skill than people think to run Tyranitar correctly. Knowing when to Grind vs Spinning Tail can cost you the game.

I love T-Tar and have worked on it so much that I finally have it to where I "don't afraid" of any deck bar Rampardos.

I also run 5 starters though for a solid setup. 3 Pachi, 2 Sableye works soooo well.

Also, I've beaten Manetric and Ampharos decks quite easily. Spinning Tail STILL hits the manetrics, and the only power you need is Claydol...if you can't use claydol, you should still be able to use your 4 Felicity's for solid draw.

EDIT: Abomasnow lulz. GRINDGRINDGRIND. their damage output is minimal when you are OHKOing Abomasnows left and right. If OBAMA isn't active, his body doesn't work, allowing tons of spread and easier KO's.

Last edited:
is this deck playable. if it is, i would use it. but the one thing i am afraid of are donks/deafen.

I'm just going to ask this question before I continue with my post

Why is it that you, who didn't top cut at states or regionals come up with a thread nearly every week explaining a new deck that you think is the play? I remember after the first States you said it was Gigas, I think I remember you saying palk g a few days ago, and a few others too i just don't remember because they are all terrible threads.

T-tar is really good, I got 3rd with it at Regionals(no weavile). I played 4 lief herb and 1-1 blissey. It fails to power lock though. I played against Dylan bryan, and even with impersonating felicities I couldn't do anything to the 7 turn power lock off of palkia g/mespirit. It completely destroys G once set-up. People argue that GeChamp beats it because of Champ but without the Lv. X no Gechamp could beat it. I think weavile really makes the deck work though. With it I probably could have gotten Top 2 at least. It also helps you get around Gengar because it darkens your uxies. And T-tar destroys Obama, once it gets 6 energies on it is Game Over you win.

Last edited:
lolz at states i beat T-Tar overall 4 times and lost 3 times. i did get sableye donked in one time though, i didn't know how to play it at first, but if you know how to kill it it isn't to hard.

Ttar is still a really good deck, the only reason it wasnt seen in many top cuts is because almost no one played it. i think Blood made a good showing for T-tar and i think it will be very playable for nats.

Ttar is still a really good deck, the only reason it wasnt seen in many top cuts is because almost no one played it. i think Blood made a good showing for T-tar and i think it will be very playable for nats.

T-tar is definitely not a bad play for nats, as long as powerspray usage goes down (I suspect it will because of the new pokemon searching galactic machine). If that happens T-tars only bad match-up will be Palkia because of mespirit. I don't think gallade 4 will do much to it. i see a better "unseen" deck for nats but T-tar isn't bad

As much as I love Ttar its going to have problems with the up DP-RR format. I think its possible to make it good, but it's not going to be easy.

??? Use sableye to get set up and stall a few turns to get the energy on a ttar and just one shot everything. Play a blissey tech too and 4 pokehealers.

If you can work that in without sacrificing setup speed.... that's BOSS RIGHT THERE!!

OMG @ Blissey + 4 HEALERS !! :eek:

have fun watching your fossil of a deck that runs on excess energy having all of its energy shuffled

also weakness

also lucian wont help you

I'm sorry, but a pokemon that takes 4 energy to do 90 to TTar isn't something to worry about. Dialga G does 80 for 3 energy.

Also, Hippowdon loses it's energy as well. At least T-Tar has Weavile to search them back out while attaching them.

You haven't read Hippowdon.

Let's assume I Sand Reset. Now both the T-Tar and Hippowdon have 0 Energy. Hippowdon player goes ahead and attaches, Registarks, and Stock Sands. That's a consistent 3 Energy per turn, and 80 the turn of a Sand Reset to T-Tar.

So, you've got a hurt T-Tar with no energy. Okay, let's say you get out a Weavile. So scary. If you take the turn to Charge the T-Tar, you'll get one-shot next turn by Grand Quake. Hey, at least you could grind me for 60 or so.

Edit: Also, what are you talking about? 90 for 4 Energy? If Hippowdon had 4 Energy it would be doing Grand Quake for 110. Not to mention it could attach 3 in one turn and do 80.

have fun playing your fossil of a deck as the format continues to improve

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

ok cool story bro

Last edited:
Back