Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

T1-T2 Spread, Amphytrode! [ DP-SF ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garchomper

Hey,

Here's my CC deck, tell me what you think and make fixes accordingly!
AmphyTrode

Pokemon:

3-3 Electrode SF ( Radiance )
3-1-3 Ampharos SW
1 Spiritomb LA
2-2 Claydol GE
1-0-1 Magnezone SF ( Magnetic search )
1 Aerodactyl

T/T/S/S:

4 Bebe's
3 SSU
3 Roseanne's
2 Marley's
2 Luxury Ball
2 Cynthia's
3 TM TS2 Devoluter
3 Warp point
3 Candy
1 Old Amber
2 NM

Energy:

8 Electric

Strategy

Get out Electrode T1 or T2 to start up spreading, then get out the Ampharos for more spread. Spiritomb+SSU is SO handy here, every spread deck should run it IMO. anyway, Claydol/Uxie/anything with a poke-power is getting damaged from Aerodactyl. Magnezone speeds it up and is a great attacker.

Matchups:

Dusknoir variants : 60-40

The only thing thats annoying about this Matchup is Shadow command. It sort of helps the opponent, but sort of also helps the deck, too. It takes 40 Damage every time it uses shadow command, which gets it closer to being KO'd, but also lets it do 40 more damage to anything for only 2 energy. Overall, anyway, not a hard Matchup
3-1 ( winning three and losing one )

Turncruel: 50-50

This gets pretty hard towards the end, when pretty much all my energy are in the discard and they can attach to anything+snipe for 30 to most pokemon. But I don't think that I'll see very much of this at CC. :tongue:
2-0 ( winning two and losing none )

Magcargo/Wigglytuff : 95-5

This, I have only seen once and played against and it's really not very good. You spread, Devolve and it's over in about 4-5 turns.
2-0 ( winning two and losing none )

Note:
These are only the deck i have played against, more matchups will come soon!

Thank you!

~ Garchomper

This is a pretty funny list and I mean that in a good way. I imagine you sitting on several guys with little or no energy on them and letting your opponents just take damage from attacking you and using supporters etc. Then you scoop up your damaged guys and keep up the madness.

How hard is it for you to fill up your bench? Which do you go for first, Claydol or Magnezone? What if magnezone is prized? If I were to change anything I might consider:
-2 Marleys
-1 Luxury Ball
-1 Warp Point
-1 TMTS2

+4 Call Energy(fill out your bench, also helps your ampy by having him discard less energy if you wanted to use his attack)
+1 Rare Candy(can always candy a claydol for a quicker setup) or Unown G

I'm curious to hear about other matchups, as some of the matchups you've posted arent exactly Archetypes.

Thanks! I usually go for the Claydol first, then work on Magnezone. Magnezone has been prized once, i just have to wait and hope that i pull it from the prizes, Azelf La might be a consideration for that purpose. I like the Unown G idea, would really help against Dusknoir and Night spin, I think I'll put that in along with 2 Call energies.
Once I got a total God hand and managed to get Electrode and claydol out T1! that game was insane, just completely Annihilated everything by T2. Thanks for the fixes!

Its creative I love it X)
I'm a fan of ampharos and I reallt wonder how your deck will do if you played around with inserting Omastars...
they're scoopable and a fossil excavator could double purpose to search for aerodactyl/amber. You can switch around devoluters and whatnots, but it might seem like to much of a hassel for a late game drop.

I can see this deck being annoying but not as annoying as gigas Xs shaking your hard worked spread off like it was nothing and destroying your mostly-low damaging line-up. Other than that I think its competitive.

I'm really not liking Gigas against this, since most of the time it has 170 hp, which is way to hard to spread against. i was thinking of Lanturn from LA for that....

I would use a 2-1-2 Ampharos line and just make it a bench sitter (meaning don't worry about attacking with it as often). I use a deck like this and I try to make Electrode my main attacker. At first I tried a 3-1-3 line like you have but I was tired of the random Mareeps and Ampharoses being dead draws. In place of the 1-0-1 line I would add in an Unown G (protects Electrode from attacks that place damage counters) and a Unown Q (helps you retreat Ampharos if needed).

Have you thought about adding in Bronzong? In my build I'm using it instead of Aerodactyl, since Bronzong can also hit things that don't have Powers. I usually send it up after Electrode has spread 20-30 damage to each of their Pokemon and it's been working well so far. 3 TMTS2 is too much, I would take out one for another Rare Candy. Using a Candy to get a T1 Electrode (if you go second) is great. If you don't want to add another Candy then Time-Space Distortion is always a nice option. I'm not sure if you have one but it's a nice card to have since Electrode has a measly 90 HP.

Regigigas is a hard match but it's not impossible. You'll definitely want to go with an offensive strategy instead of spreading 10s everywhere against it.

Yeah, for Gigas, I am thinking of adding in more energy so Ampharos can attack more often since it does more damage.
I like you Bronzong idea, i might try that out! the extra Ampharos does kinda get in the way, I will take 1-0-1 out for one of your suggestions.
thanks!

What do you do when you don't get Ampharos set up by T3? I know you still can play him and use other cards and whatnot, but he seems to become rather moot after a certain point in setup.

I would definitely add more energies. I use 12 Lightning and 2 Call Energies and it's been working fine for me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back