Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

T2 and Draggy...

GKOTM

Since it seems like T2 (Muk, Cham, and Yama) will be here for a while, what can Dark Draggy do about these decks? Are we left with just teching a Wobb or something, or is there some viable strategy we can use to help counter T2?

The only thing that I could think of that might work is Speed Draggy.

Draggy is a deck that actually stands a decent chance against t2 decks, at least muk anyhow.

If you use jirachi in your drag, use metal enery go beat up on muk.

otherwise, make sure you have desert ruins to slowly eat away at their hp.
pack in extra warp points, to catch them when they lay a basic.
power up a benched draggy by using dark electrodes. send up an electrode, attach and attack and bomb it backwards. this way, instead of just stalling and powering up your bench, you can attack 1-2 times while powering up a benched.

I actually like how Dark Electrode can search for the dark metal and move it onto Jirachi can use it to attack. Real nice.

Shiloh Phoenix said:
don't forget about slowking. That's a very good turn 2 deck as well.

Only if it gets the drop on Draggy with the Crystal Shard and no Ancient Tomb up.

Sounds like Wobb is a good play, Hari & Cham can't touch him and he OHKO the Muk, also the HL Jirachi has some synergy there. If you're playing Dunsparce (I forget) 1 of each might work.

Remember you resist these decks (muk, hairymama and medicham) & ancient tomb is your friend against shard.

If you play with Draggy against Yama/Cham lock and your opponents gets normal start you`re lost, Draggy doesen`t do well against any locks except Muk because D. Dragonite has resistance to Muk but with crystal shard Muk OHKOs Dragonite so.....But I can`t see any point in playing Muk because Yama/Cham does almost the same but they can do so much more damage than Muk. Muk loses to all rogue decks.I have played Muk in our league where half of the decks are rogue and Muk loses to all of them :biggrin: but when Cham in play it can win rogues because it is more powerful. That we saw in U.S. nationals T2 decks pwned there but no Muk.....

bulbasnore said:
Only if it gets the drop on Draggy with the Crystal Shard and no Ancient Tomb up.

Sounds like Wobb is a good play, Hari & Cham can't touch him and he OHKO the Muk, also the HL Jirachi has some synergy there. If you're playing Dunsparce (I forget) 1 of each might work.

Remember you resist these decks (muk, hairymama and medicham) & ancient tomb is your friend against shard.

I play Sparce. The problem with my deck is that I have little extra space left because of my build. Maybe Strike and Run for something and then Swoop! the Sparce into Jirachi or Wobb?

badganondorf said:
If you play with Draggy against Yama/Cham lock and your opponents gets normal start you`re lost,

Yeah, I've found that to be true. I could BARELY get the lead in prizes and win, but it is really difficult.

Another question for you guys: does the type of Draggy deck being run make any difference?

GKOTM said:
IAnother question for you guys: does the type of Draggy deck being run make any difference?

The Dunsparce version is slightly better in this match from my point of view since one can swoop into Wobbuffet. The main issue is that turn two disablers run a insane low bench count which seldom exceeds one benched Pokémon beside that it also limits your tactical choices to one since Rocket's Sneasel Ex is can be knocked out in one hit and Dark Electrode floks are disabled. The main issue is that it cutts off Dark Hearts low energy exposure to knock outs which was an essential part of this deck which relies a lot on Darkness Energy. So the chances to loose them to the discard skyrocked compared to the previous metagame. From my point of view Wobuffet or a teched Dark Slowking line is your best bet. Wobbuffet weakens the Rocket's Sneasel Ex subtheme while Dark Slowking does not do so but needs more deck slots and at least eight Rocket Maschines or tools. The first option takes less slots and does not effect the decks synergy while the later one needs a lot more slots and deck modifications but has less effect on the decks tactical choices.

Back