Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

T2 Dustox ex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, most people over looked this deck when it was first posted. Alot of people might think that it has too many weakness's. I won't lie to you, it does have many weakness's, but after testing for a long time I've discovered ways to defeat those weakness's. This is what I have so far.

T2 Dustox ex

Pokemon: 14
4 Wurmple DX
4 Cascoon LM
4 Dustox ex
2 Holon Electrode

Trainers: 32

4 Rocket's Admin.
4 Steven's Advice
4 Professor Elm's Training Method
4 Battle Frontier
3 Cursed Stone
2 Giant Stump
2 Scott
3 Great Ball
4 Energy Removal 2
2 Pokemon Reversal

Energy:14

10 Grass
4 Cyclone

Ok, lets take a look at the main theme (Pokemon) of this deck.

Dustox ex-Grass
Hp-140

Pokebody-Safegaurd

Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Dustox ex by your opponent's EX Pokemon.

GC-Silver Wind 40

Durring your next turn, if an attack does damage to the defending pokemon (after applying Weakness and resistance), that attack does 30 more damage.

GCC-Cutting Wind 70

Weakness-Fire-Psychic
Resistance-None
Retreat Cost-1

The reason this card is so great is because of his Body. It basicly says that Dustox ex can not be touched by ex pokemon, like Ninetails from HL. This will give you an atuo win to many popular decks right now, like Powdacham, Mewtrick, T2 Arcanine, and ZRE. His first attack, Silver wind is also very helpfull. On turn 2 you will be doing 40 damage and preparing to do 100 with Cutting wind to what ever is left. But why do I say that this can set up T2. Its a stage 2! That doesn't make any sense. But following cards make this possible.

Cascoon
-Grass
HP-80

Pokepower - Emerge

Once durring your turn (before you attack), if Cascoon is your atcive pokemon, you may flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a card that evolves from Cascoon and put it on to Cascoon. (This counts as evolving Cascoon). Shuffle your deck afterward. This power can't be used if Cascoon is effected by a special condition.

CC-Tackle 20

Weakness-Fire
Resistance-None
Retreat Cost-2

Cascoon's Power gives you a much greater chance in getting a T2 Dustox ex. After playing 4 PETM's and 4 Dustox ex its very rare that you won't get T2. But your probably still wondering why this deck is T2. Well this next card will explain it for you.

Wurmple
-Grass
HP-50

C-Ascension

Search your deck for a card that evolves from Wurmple and put it on Wurmple. (This counts as evolving Wurmple.)Shuffle your deck afterward.

G-Miracle Essence

Flip a coin. If heads, choose 1 special Condition. Each defending pokemon are now affected by that special condition.

Weakness-Fire
Resistance-None
Retreat Cost-1

Wurmple's first attack, Ascension, will give you a T1 Cascoon. That means you can evolve into Dustox ex next turn whether or not Cascoon's Power flips heads. Pretty neat huh? Its like playing a T2 stage one deck, but now you have a more powerfull attacker, and its still T2!

Other Important Pokemon

Holon's Electrode
-Lighting
HP-70

LC-Dazzle Blast 30

The defending pokemon is now confused.

*Special abilitly*

You may attach this as an energy card from your hand to 1 of your pokemon that allready have an energy card attached to it. When you attach this card, return an energy card attached to that pokemon to your hand. While attached, this card is a Special energy and provides every type of energy, but only 2 at a time. (Has no effect other then providing energy.)

This card is a great card to get you out of a Jam. For example, if you come into a situation where your short on energy, but you happen to have a Professor Elm's Training Method in your hand, Problem solved! With Professor Elm's Training Method you are able to get a Holon's Electrode out of your deck. Now you will have 2 more turns before you will have to worry about energy, because you bring one energy back to your hand. Another great effect this card has is the fact that you return an energy, so you could return a Cyclone energy and use it again.

Basic Strategy

Theres really not much to say here. Obviously your going to set up your Dustox ex T2. Second turn you will use Silver Wind to do 40 damage and prepare to do 30 more next turn. Third turn you can use either Silver Wind to do 70 or Cutting Wind to do 100, and that really depends on the situation. If usind Cutting wind is not nessisary then you could use that oportunity to start powering up another Dustox ex on your bench. So with that and with the help of his body, Cursed Stone, Battle Frontier, Giant Stump, Energy Removal 2, Pokemon Reversal, and Cyclone energy you will drive your opponent's crazy when you take the win.

Trainers

Steven's Advice, and Rocket's Admin. : These drawing cards are here to give you the cards you need faster.

Professer Elm's Training Method:
This is here to find and evolved pokemon needed quickly, but remember it can also be used to get a Holon's electrode.

Battle Frontier: This deck probably wouldn't survive with out Battle Frontier. This card will stop, not only Pidgeot, but cards like Jirachi, Dragtrode, Flygon and so on. If you shut off the're powers they will have a really hard time ever recovering. Many decks like Powdacham and LBS depend on Jirachi to set them up, and if you shut Jirachi down they will have a hard time setting up fast enough.

Cursed Stone:
This is also an extreamly important card in this deck. Any smart player that plays you will try to Jirachi swarm your Dustox ex. They are resistant and they will do 50 damage for 2 energy's. But with a cursed stone out they won't last long. This card also hurts decks really bad like LBS or any deck that plays Pidgeot.

Giant Stump:
This card is extreamly useful. Because you only have 1 evolution line you can get away with only having 3 benched. And this also messes up your opponent really bad. If your opponent only has 3 benched they won't be able to avoid you for long. This card is very important when your playing decks like Ludicargo or Nidoqueen. Because they are not EX they can attack you and it will be hard to beat them if they can load the're bench. So Giant Stump will take care of that.

Scott: Scott is the card which will help you grap any Stadium you might need in any situation. it can also grab another Supporter to use the next turn which can be very helpfull at times.

Great Ball: Because your only playing 4 Basics in the entire deck you will need something to help you grap the other Wurmples. Great Ball is that helper.

Energy Removal 2: Energy Removal 2 is going to drive your opponents crazy. it is 50-50, but in this deck it is worth the extra space. This card is extreamly helpfull when you are playing a Jirachi swarm. If you just get a couple Heads they won't be able to KO you in time.

Pokemon Reversal: This is just here to grab what ever might be best to attack in what ever situation.

Energy

Grass: You might be thinking 10 is a lot of energy, but it is really nessisary in this deck. You never ever want to come into a situation were you don't have an energy to attach.

Cyclone: This is a great card to mess up your opponent's strategy.

Matchups

Queendom: Auto Win! Well not exacly, but they will have a very hard time beating you in this match up. Queen is weak to Grass Pokemon, and Because your Dustox ex sets up so quickly they don't have a chance. That combined with Giant Stump and they can say the're prayers.

Ludicargo: Ludicargo might be a little difficult to beat. Because they are not an EX they can still do anything Dustox ex. The card that will save you in this matchup is Giant Stump. With Giant stump out they shouldn't ever do more then 60 Damage. Thats just not going to cut it when you are playing a T2 Deck like this one. I think you should be ok in this matchup. The only thing you want to look out for is Magcargo because your weak to it. That is when you use Pokemon Reversal and Energy Removal 2 to keep them from attacking with it.

LBS: Because this is a EX based you would automaticly asume you will win. And in most cases its true, but there are a couple things you really want to watch out for. For one thing obviously would be the Jirachi Swarm. Like I said before this is when you really to use Cursed Stone, Energy Removal 2, Pokemon Reversal, and Cyclone energy. Besides that there is only one thing you will want to watch out for. Most LBS Decks play a Mr Mime Ditto. With Copy they can use Cutting wind and KO you in one shot. OUCH! But those are the things you just have to take and deal with. If you wanted you could tech Low Pressure system in so they can't KO you in one shot. But even if they do pull that off you can just bring up another Dustox ex and KO it. This match up will be rough in the beginning, but I think you will come out with the win.

Powdacham:
This is an Auto win. They will try to Jirachi Swarm you, but it won't do any good when your hitting them with Cursed Stone, Energy Removal 2, Pokemon Reversal, and Cyclone energy. All the're other pokemon are EX. They practicly can't touch you.

ZRE: Auto win. all the're pokemon are EX. They will try to take you down with Magmar doing 80, but its just not enough. you can easily do 70 to KO.

Rock-Lock:
This will be a little difficult, but its not hard to beat. The're prefered starter, T-Tar (With Sand damage) is weak to grass. That will give you thje upper hand right away. None of there other pokemon will do enough in time to beat you. You shouldn't have to much of a problem.

Liability Decks: Unfortunetly these decks are almost auto loss's. Because your all EX you won't be able to survive the Liability. You will have to Pray for a Miricle. This is just about the only situation with it stinks to play this deck, but you have to suck it up and keep moving on. There are chances you could win like if they get bad set ups.

T2 Arcanine ex: Auto win. The entire deck is EX based. There is a chance that they will play a RG Arcanine tech but that still won't be enough to beat you.

T2 Safgaurd varients

Ninetales-Fire
HP-80

Pokebody-Safegaurd

Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Ninetales by your opponent's EX Pokemon.

CC-Quick attack 20+

Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 plus 20 more damage.

RCC-Will-O-the-wisp 50
-
displayimage.php

Well, there it is. Any and all comments are welcomed.

Last edited:
my friend plays it with houndoom(lonesome) and is a pretty great deck. just a sugestion though, anyway hope i helped:biggrin:

The ninetales from HL would screw over this deck so bad!!! cause u do not have anything to counter it!!!!!!And the Ninetales can hurt u u can't hurt it!!!!!!! So I would put in a supporting line!!!

Its funny, this deck is GREAT v.s. LBS, ZRE, Zap-turn-Dos, POWDACHAM, Mewtric, etc. But a Typhloison with 20 damage, x_x

ChubbyChilupa135 said:
The ninetales from HL would screw over this deck so bad!!! cause u do not have anything to counter it!!!!!!And the Ninetales can hurt u u can't hurt it!!!!!!! So I would put in a supporting line!!!

Yes that is true, but I'm not sure what I could put in that for one wouldn't screw up my T2 and 2 that would help counter Ninetales. I guess I could try to fit in a couple Buterfree or something. I'll test it out.

No! I was more on the lines of a 1-1 -1 of Kingdra! He gets rid of those awful weaknesses and can do 100 to those pesky Ninetales!!! But it is ur call on wat u want to do!!!

I'm working on a Dustox ex varient myself. I'm trying muk as backup, every basic in the deck has ascension. I think you'll need more than cursed stone to deal with resistance and try boost energy for a T2 70. Hope I helped.

I don't think you realize that playing Muk completly defeats this deck's whole purpose and strategy. If you play Muk, you will not only lose the T2 Dustox ex, but Steelix ex will be able to KO Muk, If you play Muk you will give yourself an auto loss to LBS or any EX deck that plays Pow!. Trust me, I've tested that, and its not all its cracked up to be.

Last edited:
I don't see how muk defeats the purpose of the strategy at all. Dustox doesn't have to be active on T2 in order to be good. Muk shuts down LBS, ZRE, all those Jirachi, and many other non-ex decks. I wouldn't really soley on stadiums to beat decks like Metanite, Dragtrode, Ludicargo, etc.

Well, tyroot toasts you, and other safeguarders also couldn't possibly lose against this.

Also, why do you have a 4-3-4 line with no rare candy?

I don't see the challenge. I don't think it takes much skill to take any sort of hit from dustox, cap with root, and have a OHKO machine sitting there. Plus, some typhlosion decks could have weezing techs, which also really hurts this.

i would seuggest fitting in a kingdra from trr so that you have no weakness therfore dustox wont be so easily koed by mime ditto and other physcic pokemon and it also helps you aginst other safe guard varients. also i think a lunasol line in this deck works wonders.

Super Stoise ex said:
I don't see how muk defeats the purpose of the strategy at all. Dustox doesn't have to be active on T2 in order to be good. Muk shuts down LBS, ZRE, all those Jirachi, and many other non-ex decks. I wouldn't really soley on stadiums to beat decks like Metanite, Dragtrode, Ludicargo, etc.

I never said that Muk isn't a good pokemon against thoughs decks, but it comes to a point were you have to pick one. If you played both, then what happens when you don't want Grimer, or Wurmple, but your forced to? You need to decide for yourself which is a better deck in this format. I think Muk is also a really good deck, I wanted to post a deck on T2 Dustox ex. If you guys like Muk so much more then you can Post about him.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Sharif said:
i would seuggest fitting in a kingdra from trr so that you have no weakness therfore dustox wont be so easily koed by mime ditto and other physcic pokemon and it also helps you aginst other safe guard varients. also i think a lunasol line in this deck works wonders.

I will consider it, but what happen's when you start with a bad start? The reason this deck is so good is because its so consistant. And you don't really need Lunarock when your playing 4 Battle Frontier.

Last edited:
Yeah, besides the fact that you only have 4 basics, and you'll muligan like crazy, and you don't have any candy...yeah, I think any quick hitting ex deck will still beat you. You'll still lose to zre half the time without candy, depending on who goes first. Also, any safeguard eats you alive, which is so funny. Way too many staduims, drop some for candys or lose to most non-ex decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back