Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

T2 Gyarados =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatter™

Since the idea was posted.. I figure I may as well post mine...

Pokemon: 19
4-4 Gyarados
1 Jolteon*
2-2 Claydol
2-2 Cresselia Lxl X
2 Unown P

Trainers: 25
2 Switch
1 Mentor
2 Premier Ball
1 TSD
4 Oak's Visit
4 Celio's
2 Crystal Beach
1 Lake Boundary
3 SSU
4 PP

Energy: 15
4 Call Energy
3 WP
8 Psychic

Strategy:
Unown P powers up Gyarados!!!!! and you swing away doing lots of damage for a single energy!

lolol

Lone Magikarp start. Call Energy grab 2 Unown P. Evolve to Gyarados, Put twice, attack for 50 turn 2.

:lol:

Some Water would be nice so you can use Gyarados's attack at some point. I don't really see the point in Jolteon* when you have Unown P.

I can't believe you are playing magikarp after what happened at regionals. I'd say you should try to fit in a scramble or two. You never know when gyarados' will help

my only problem is the fact that power lock can hurt this deck, it's not a big isuue though, and latilock is a threat with all the great pokebodies available, so i think a tech crawdaunt could save you in the scenario that they have latilock, and many other situations

battle frontier shuts down evolved pokemon that are colorless, darkness or metal, non of those specifications affect latilock,

also i think pachirisu is a good starter for it since your attack depends on a pokebody and there is always a few cessations floating around every tourney, and since this deck isn't really equiped to enrage, i would go
-4 pluspower,
+4 pachirisu,
- 2 call energy
+2 dre or scramble

or something close to that

Potion is a must. Because decks will try to 2hko you gyrados and a potion might keep you out of ko range

Oh that's right. :p Latilock just can't be stopped I guess.
Potion kills gyarados. If you play potion, you won't be able to win easily. If they get gyarados in near-KO range, gyarados will usually pwn them because of all the damage that's on it.

interesting point about potion i thought about using leftovers but i never tested it, the pachirisu thing sucks, yeah you guarentee a 70 hp pokemon being active at the end of your opponents next turn but they get to see your hand and you waste an attack to take out something they don't need, which this deck can't really afford

i have to admit that i doubt gyrados will be as good in the br's metagame, i think there will be less mag, and the gardy decks use less gallade then they used to, the unkown is a great addition but i just think that this deck is dead, it was a pretty difficult deck to play even at states, when the metagame begged for it

^^ I agree to a certain extent, i've learned from experience that it's usually not a good idea to leave yourself completely vulnerable to something just because you don't expect it to be played much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back