Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

T2 RK9 DX-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roderick

Hi this is my new T2 RK9 deck i've been searching for a good strategy these past weeks and i've come up with this:

Pokemon: 16
Arcanine ex = 4
Growlithe = 4
Mew ex = 4
Absol (LM) = 4

Trainers: 28
PETM = 3
Dual Ball = 4
Mary's Request = 4
Pokemon Reversal = 3
Energy removal 2 = 4
Professor Oak's Research = 3
Battle Frontier = 3
Scott = 2
Windstorm = 2

Energies: 16
React energy = 4
Fire energy = 8
Holon's electrode = 4

The stategy is get Mew ex active, Absol and Growlithe on the bench in your first turn (that's why i have 4 of each and 4 Dual Ball). Copy Absol's attack and Get RK9 ex from your deck. Second turn attach energy and Over Run. From the 3rd turn you can either keep using Over Run or Flame Swirl.

Any ideas are appreciated. 10x.

Last edited:
A very good deck the strategy is so IMMORTAL. A backup attacker won't hurn like an exampel deoxys ex(speed) to counter that safeguard. Or something like manatric ex to deal heavy damage.
Mabey you should reduce the number of energies to 14 by removing 1 electrode and 1 fire energy.
Reducing absols to 3 won't hurn too.
I would reccomand putting 2 pokemon reversals and 2 prof.oak Research.
Remove 1 scott and put 2 more stadiums(you removed 1 oak or pokemon reverssal) a cursed stone would be VERY GOOD in this deck.I reccomand to add energy switch in this deck because it can totally change the course of the game.ADD SWITCH TOO

The strategy should be:
Begin with mew ex active and try to have a growlite and an arcanine ex(or prof.elm) in your hand and use body slam 2nd turn evolve growlite and try to build another arcanine ex or mew ex use overrun to deal 30 to active and 20 to bench
3rd turn attach an energy to either mew ex or arcanine ex and use overrun again.
Continue doing this and when something big comes make sure you have a back-up ready in your bench and a react in your hand to deal 100 damage to that pokemon. Usually you will draw 2 prizes when you K.O something big because it would be an ex.

Just watch out For all those exs you have because 3 k.o would result in a loss since you will mainly attack with pokemon ex.Watch out for rayquaza star since it could be your worst nightmare.

The Matchups(in my opinion)

Metanite:
it shouldn't bee that difficult since metagross have fire weak just watch out for dragonite . It could be easily k.o for 100 damage if they have metal just use energy removal 2. I would reccomand building up arcanine ex instead of mew ex and leave mew ready for back-up or emergency.

Flariados:
it's not that easy try to don't attack with mew ex since arcanine ex poke-body could heal all the special conditions they inflict don't let them spider trap your mew ex.ariados pscychic weak can help you

LBS:
it would be a difficult matchup since it is fast but you can lock them with battle frontier and steelix has fire weak, lugia 100hp. Blastoise is the only problem try to kill their squritles so blastoise won't come.

Dragotrode.
lockthem with battle frontier and it will be easy if they counter with rocket's hideout try to destroy it as soon as possible since sneseal would be k.o with 100damage. It will be one of the hardest matchups you will have sonce that can drag your arcanine and deal him 50 and mew ex can also be easilty k.o since his low HP

Ludicargo:
ludicolo has only 100 hp you have weakness they are both fast decks i can't tell who will win.

I hope you liked my articel
Watch out since mew ex has only 90 hp And he dosen't have arcanine's poke-body!

Last edited:
Playing 1st, you'll be able to get Mew Ex and Absol about 31% of the time. However, you only have 29% to have Mew Ex as active and Absol benched (if Absol is active, there's no way to get him out of active without attaching energy). When the probability of having usable energy is included, then you only have about 18% to have Mew Ex actually use Absol's Extra Call. As a matter of interest (I'm not suggesting this), Great Ball actually allows slightly higher probability of Mew Ex using Extra Call (21%), T1 playing 1st.

Can i add to these matchups?

Dragtrode: Battle Frontier > Cursed stone when combating this deck. watch out because they have plenty of Counterstadiums. Pretty good strategy is to kill a Pokemon and come up when Sneasel has all the energy on it. Lock in, Electrode+ MEw= Drag off Dragonite FTW

Flariados: Not much to worry about becuase of RK9's body, but if u must play Mew, here is sopme advice. Use Spider Trap with Holon Electrode to bring up Flareon and Reactive Poison it to death. Or retreat as soon as you bring up Flareon and snipe out any Ariados or Unevolved Eevee.

nice deck funny thing is I had the same build almost card for card ^_^ ...great minds think alike eh? And how about Poli-stall against this deck? How would that fair?

-2 trodes
-1 oak
-1 dual ball
-1 scott
-1 battle frontier

+3 cursed stone
+1 pokemon reversal
+2 fire energy (or even psykic)

i dunno ave a roll wid dat and play around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back