Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tampa City Report

Bobby

I'm playing metanite, looking for a second win in florida, and a fourth overall. My friend Garret is also playing metanite, and Jim went with Flygon ex.

Round 1 vs. Lily (10- deck)
I hate playing down. I won really easily.
1-0

Round 2 vs. Orion (Arcanine/Houndoom)
I get a no mentor start, with beldum and latios ex d. I attach to latios and pass. He reversals up beldum and uses body slam, gets tails. I attach another energy to latios and evolve to metang and pass. He attaches another energy to growlithe, plays a mary, and does body slam, tails. I draw, evolve into metagross, and pass. He draws, uses PETM for an arcanine, and does overrun. I topdeck a mentor, get a castform, warp point, and do 120 to arcanine with latios FTW.
2-0

Round 3 vs. Grafton (Metanite)
I was looking forward to a mirror match. He sets up with a castform and mentor, I have castform and mentor but no energy and the voltorb is prized. So I get two beldums and a dratini and put them on the bench. He does some more stuff, researchers for a metang, and draws again. I draw, still no energy. Evolve beldum and dratini, then pass. He delta draws more and gets a metagross out, then I evolve into metagross and finally get an energy from delta control. We both draw for a couple more turns and then he brings up metagross to knock out my castform. I decide to hold off using latios* and kill it back with another metagross. I do that and set up another draggy. He comes up with a dragonite and uses agility, and it works. I do my powers and send up my own dragonite, give it a metal, and use agility, which doesn't work. He uses agility again and it works. I attach another metal and use agility, it works. Eventually the agility war ends when I use heavy impact and ko his dragonite. He sends up Ray* and knocks me out with ray's first attack. I bring up metagross again for the knock out. He knocks THIS one out with his own metagross, and I use latios to knock it out. This game eventually went to 1-2 on prizes, my lead, and I was able to win after farmering latios and getting it back.

Round 4 vs. Chris (Mewtric)
Once again I have no start. I get latias and do spearhead three times to get a mentor. I mentor, get beldum, latios ex, and castform (I think). Play a dratini and rare candy my beldum into metang, and retreat for delta draw. He mega shots the metang and I'm free to use my trainers. I candy into dragonite and continue using delta draw. I used warp point and made him send manectric to the bench, buying me a turn. I had to give up three prizes but I got my set up and I discarded 5 energy to knock out a manectric. He can't stick the BF so I can recharge and knock out a mew next turn. Now he hits the BF and I have no windstorm, so I can't do much. I have two dragonites, so I manage to get one active and start using agility. I hit the first flip and he retreats to stall. He fills up his bench so he has more pokemon to stall with, but he has almost no energy because he copied crush and burn earlier. I have 4 energies on my active nite, two on the benched one, and a castform on latios ex. After I've used heavy impact on everything he has, he folds. GG
4-0

Round 5 vs. Garret (Metanite)
Garret and I are playing the exact same list, except he has different dragonite pre evolutions. We both have a good set up, and the entire game is basically a prize swap. He hits a LOT of agility flips, so that slows me down, but in the end he runs out of resources and I can take my last prize.
5-0

FINALS vs. Garret
Game 1: Pretty much the same as round 5, except he sets up his bench a little differently and doesn't get the DX metagross. When he uses agility I have my warp point, and he told me he knew he wasn't timing his latios right. It still went down to 1-1 on prizes. I had one switch left over and I was able to charge latios again for the last prize . GG

Game 2: LUCKSACK! I get t1 gross, t2 draggy. We play a few turns but after about 5 minutes he scoops.
6-0

So I won my 4th cities. Congrats to Steve, Grafton, and Garret for finals. Good games yesterday.
We're going to carolina for the 6th/7th, so we'll see the florida crew on the 13th/14th.

Oh yeah and Garret pulled THREE flygon ex out of packs. Ugh ihu =(

Metanite 4 lyfe!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

You DID use twister dragonair, right?

Last edited:
Raichu2063 said:
Yeah I don't Know how I ripped three Flygon ex's, But congrats once again on your win. Team Pink 4 Lyfe!

2nd does always get the better packs don't they, but other than that good job.

dang ive missed a lot of action this pass 2 weeks missing, when was the tampa tourny?

anyways gj bobbers ill see you next week, i think

Jeremy- Haha thanks ;D
FS- <3
Garret- It's cause you're a lucksack. JK
Ben- Thanks. Latios is an all around good card, plus the metagame here is so weird I have to tech a lot.
Hitmonchan- Yeah, yeah they do =(
Spencer - Thanks
Aaron- thanks
twitchy- Welcome back, lmk about NC
Broly- Thanks

Back