Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tangrowth 1st at 2 BR's in a row

Rikku11

Utah BR's Senior division
Friday- I have to choose between 4 decks i have built. Tangrowth AMUPlox Gyrodose and Porygon Z.
I was leaning twoards Tangrowth or plox.

Saturday- I get there and decide to play Tangrowth cause its really random and good.

R1 Jake F. (Dialga G Gallade 4)
I get an ok hand. He gets out Dialga G lv.x Turn 2 so no bodys for me. I just attatch 4 energy to tangrowth and use Reaching vine for a long time cause he wasnt doing very much damage. I finnally killes it then just used Power whip for the rest of my prizes. GG

1-0
R2 Yuri P. (Gallade 4 Alakazam 4 and Mewtwo)
Ok start then he doesnt get much.GG

2-0
R3
Heath D. (Kingdra)
I was really happy i played against this deck cause i have the advantage. I get a Pretty good hand and kinda just beat him umm... dont remember much.GG

3-0
R4
Nick H. (Kingra)
Yes!!! I played down but against Kingdra. Same as R3. GG

4-0
Kyle Kitchin my cousin (Rhyperior)
I get a good start. His is ok. but i know how to play against this deck cause we play tested friday night. i snipe his claydol he gets out rhyperior x and i do 60 to it then spread and then he does 90 to me then i do 60 to him then he KO's me then i kill him with another Tangrowth. He threw up a cople of basics and i killed them. GG

5-0

Top 4
Heath D. Kingdra
I was so happy i played Kingdra. I get a good setup he gets an ok 1 then eventually scoops.
I get a good setup again he doesnt. then he scoops again.GG

Top 2
Jake J Gengar Manetric Giritina
I start with an ok hand. He gets a good hand too. I put 6 on gengar then spread 20 to claydol and another Gengar. Dark palm helped a ton. I made sure i killed a gengar and a different pokemon at the same time. I end up winning game 1. GG
This is the best hand i got all day,Treeko, Rare candy, Call, luxury, claydol, baltoy,pokedrawer, he gets no basics i draw a tangela then i go 1st and draw a pokedrawer. i call for 2 tangela then he doesnt do much. i play 2 drawer get sceptile and other crap to set up and eventually im set for the game. i just tried not to kill a gengar by itself. but he got out i think 2 gengar and flips 1 heads then i just snipe for the rest of my prizes. GG

Slops-
Kyle losing in top 4
Karl losing in top 2
pulling nothing

Props-
Tangrowth!!!!!!
2 Kingdra decks
kyle getting 3rd
Karl getting 2nd
Victory medal
And i have another tournement tomorrow. I wont play the same thing probably. Maybe Gyrodose.17027411177

Sunday
I decided to just play Tangrowth again I built it for my cousin kyle to. We only have 3 rounds with no cut.

R1
Sorry forgot ur name. Random Stuff
I set up Quick and i see an evee and a kakuna thats all. GG

1-0
R2
Morgan SP Toolbox
I get an awesome setup and dont see much from him. GG

2-0
R3
Kyle K Tangrowth almost same list 2 cards different.
I get an ok hand he does to. i get out dark palm 1st and snipe his claydol and other stuff he powers up. i attatched every energy to the power whip tangrowth, and just keep sniping. GG

3-0

slops-
Karl losing to AMU because he got really unlucky
only 3 rounds
no top cut

Props-
Karl for taking me
Winning 2 battle roads in 2 days!!!!!
Kyle getting 2nd
Karl getting 4th
Getting 2 victory medal
Tangrowth baby!!!
And most of all Dunkelwell my Dark Palm!!!

And the list i used....

3 tangrowth SF
1 tangrowth GE
4 tangela SF
2 Sceptile GE
1 Grovile SF
2 Treeko SF
2-2 claydol
1 zwirrfinst DP (dusknoir DP)
1 Duskull shiny
1 Azelf LA
1 unown g

4 rare candy
4 bebes
4 roseannes
4 poke drawer
1 luxury
2 pokedex ( if fire is popular take these out for a 1-1 exploud)
3 warp point
3 night maintenance

10 grass
4 call

Last edited:
:O

Go go Tangrowth much?!?!? That's freaking awesome. Wish my meta-game was Gengar/Kingdras and stuff. I have too much Blazekins in my format to try this out. Epic props

Based on your Avatar you like Tangrowth so ur cool. Ill PM it to u

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Actually ill just post it in this report

Last edited:
i remember when team pride was really active last year and we used a tangrowth build to just pwn kingdra metas. to bad mine was a meta full of leafeon. this article made me remember those good times. thanks and good luck.

Not once in this whole report do you mention where these Battle Roads took place. I'm curious where you play; care to indulge me?

superwooper- sorry i live in utah, ill add that

Jason-I think it will with shaymin and the new tangrowth, but the x's power is flippy so im not sure id run it in this version of tangrowth but definitly with shaymin and the new tangrowth

Good thing you faced mostly spread decks and kingdra in the first BR, tangrowth thrives against spread and water decks.

This thread has inspired me to build an awesome Tangrowth!!! It's such a cool card I was just wondering if you could sub cards for pokehealers :D????

Jake

Back