Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tangrowth 1st at 2 BR's in a row!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikku11

I used this list at 2 battle roads in Utah and got 1st with it.

3 tangrowth SF
1 tangrowth GE
4 tangela SF
2 Sceptile GE
1 Grovile SF
2 Treeko SF
2-2 claydol
1 zwirrfinst DP (dusknoir DP)
1 Duskull shiny
1 Azelf LA
1 unown g

Pokemon=21

4 rare candy
4 bebes
4 roseannes
4 poke drawer
1 luxury
2 pokedex ( if fire is popular take these out for a 1-1 exploud)
3 warp point
3 night maintenance

Trainer's=25

10 grass
4 call

Energy=14

Strategy= Set up the SF tangrowth 1st and do 6 and spread 2 to there claydol and some thing there powering up. After that setup a GE tangrowth or maybe another SF depends on the game. Then just keep em comin. Your opponent wont expect Dark palm. If there are alot of fires just take out 2 pokedex for a 1-1 exploud so you have no weekness. It usually wins. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

Congrats, and I was thinking of using Tangtile ( That's what I called mine) for my BR
Exploud is a good tech twist btw, does it set up fast?? you may add an energy tran scep for quick back-up Tang start up.

ya its real fast with the pokedrawer and pokedex and the call help so much. and i tried that sceptile but i think its more consistant with 2 GE ones cause sometimes gengars will shadow room it or you'll start with it in your hand and it helps a ton.oh and thanks

Thanks to you, I now have to the confidence to run a Tangrowth deck, since my metagame out here is a lot of Gengars and Kingdras.

-2 Pokedex
-1 Night Maintenance

+1 Miasma Valley
+2 Poke Radar

brandon u only won cuz i judged that one :D yeah your welcome. anyways nice deck and gratz on first

Ummmm...... i used to but idk where they went i think karl let someone borrow them and we never got them back...

I had shaymin in for the 1st br but it only slowed things doxn and wasted bench space. it is good and ill add it in next set when the new tangrowth comes out. And sceptile is better than leafeon in this deck for many reasons
1. you dont have to get it active to level up.
2. you dont need to play as many energy as leafeon does.
3.it does not have a power so gengar or manetric cant hit it.
and many more.... but thanks for the advice

Tangela GE is superior to its SF counterpart because of Vine Invite. Everyone knows how disruptive Trapinch's Inviting Trap is, and this attack has the exact same effect. You can tech in a Memory Berry or two alongside it so that late in the game you can drag up something like Claydol and snipe with Tangrowth GE, or just get the unavoidable KO with Tangrowth SF.

I don't understand why anyone would run Pokedex in anything aside from speed decks focused on burning through half of their deck in one turn such as Starmie/Uxie/Shuppet variants. Those two slots would be much better spent on Cynthia's Feelings, aka the best recovery card the format has to offer.

You should be running an Uxie and perhaps a Chatot for insurance. You're highly susceptible to Power locking and bench-manipulating (mainly from Luxray GL lv. X) which will rob you of Claydol, and these two cards, along with Cynthia's, are often invaluable.

I think that Exploud is irrelevant because you'll lose to Infernape 4 and Blaziken FB variants anyway. You can't stop them from bringing up Sceptile, either through Luring Flame or Bright Look, and once it is gone you're not going to win when they can OHKO you even without weakness (via Crobat G-- especially Infernape 4 lv. X) and avoid KOs via Poketurn. Dusknoir is probably the best tech to run here since it has the power to turn so many match-ups/bad situations around, so I would keep it, although the extra healing of Nidoqueen can be effective, and you also might consider Metagross LA--Tangrowth GE can really abuse Magnetic Reversal.

I would drop 2 Night Maintenance and add a Palmer's. I would also cut an energy for a Switch for when Sceptile gets dragged active but isn't KOed. It's also nice to have another way to get a damaged Tangrowth to the bench to regenerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back