Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Target Promos in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh.
The Target promos are available at this Tourney through the good graces of the TOs, not because they were provided by PUI.

They are not official released in the UK.

Oh, right. But at least that means you can actually get them in the UK without buying them from someone in the US, (like i did). I don't play the game anyway, but i thought it might interest some people who might be going to these tournaments.

EDIT: what does PUI mean?

Last edited:
Actually, Ian and Ben got the Target promos from people like me and others, who acquired the cards and sent them to be used as prizes.

PUI is Pokémon USA, Inc.

'mom

Yes we got them from TO's and Fans in the US who were willing to help, gift and trade us for them and very grateful we are too :)

In fact the first tourney to be giving them out in the UK is this weekend at the Gamers Guild Theme Deck and Booster Challenge.

details are on the post linked below:

http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=5466

hope we see lots of you there..

Freddy K. said:
just WHO is DOMNEDVED =|

~fK

A new face here and at PTCO who has been posting his "expert" advice "insider" information with some regularity of late :(. Might better have chosen to lurk awhile - instead he has come off like a braggart...

here are a few choice posts of his @ PTCO

one more

Last edited:
And the Very first appearance of the Target Promos as tournament prizes was in the Netherlands. Thanks to BJJ

Next lot up for grabs at Bens end of month sealed tournament this saturday.

Then 10 sets at the next South East Challenge on 30th May.

Just say the word & more will be on the way. :thumb:

RainbowRichards said:
A new face here and at PTCO who has been posting his "expert" advice "insider" information with some regularity of late :(. Might better have chosen to lurk awhile - instead he has come off like a braggart...

here are a few choice posts of his @ PTCO

one more

Hey RR, what is wrong with those two posts? The first one is about an RH Dragon Charizard i found on ebay, it turned out to be fake.

The second seems to be about that "Breaking Blue Sky" set mentioned on Serebii.net. I got the info from a friend in Japan, but it seems to have been fabricated with some fake information about a new "legendary collection". He must have gotten that from a message board and interpreted speculation as fact, not my fault.

DOM be wary of repeating second hand information as gospel. The internet is especially prone to incorrect secondhand information.

yeh exactly. my sources just made a mistake and i'm getting the blame for it. i posted it in case it was real, and the bit about the 7th movie collection was true.

and why give me an ear-bashing in this topic guys? i was just stating that the target promos could be won in some UK tournaments. whether it was an official release or just supplied by the TOs.

some UK players might not have known and might need the target promos, right. and btw this isn't rumour or anything. the place i found with the target promo info is in your sig, NoPoke.

DomNedved said:
Hey RR, what is wrong with those two posts? The first one is about an RH Dragon Charizard i found on ebay, it turned out to be fake.

Dom - here's a statement you made on the thread about the RH Dragon Charizard:

DomNedVed @ PTCO said:
i have RH Dragon Charizard.... 100/97.

--------------------
Dominic Nedved, Pokémon Master and TCG Collector.

Then you backpeddled and said - "i dont actually have the card i mean i saw it on a website auctioning it"

It seems you're caught over and over in lies...

becuase if i had said "i have seen x" people would have said "prove it" etc. at this time i still believed it to be real, but honestly it was listed on ebay a while back. it went for $6, which is low for Dragon Charizard.

DomNedved said:
becuase if i had said "i have seen x" people would have said "prove it" etc. at this time i still believed it to be real, but honestly it was listed on ebay a while back. it went for $6, which is low for Dragon Charizard.
You're missing RRs point.
If you had said, "I saw an auction" and "I don't know if it's real", you would have been fine.
By upgrading it to "I have", you set yourself up for a fall.

But by your logic

I could be president but i choose not to run.
I could own 1,000 RH TV Reporters but i choose not to spend the money.

true. ok, let me put it another way.

there was an RH Dragon Charizard going on eBay, i didn't know whether it was real or fake. I sad I had it because i knew people wouldnt believe me if i said i had seen it. I felt the only way i could make it remotely seem possible was to say i had it, giving a bit more time to investigate. i now know it was a fake.

Well unless you were actually going to get it, you could've posted that you saw it and then give the link to it, if you had it. This is done plenty of times to give credibility to the poster. For example, "Hey *important information*, that i found *link to source of important information*" is often done. Like GLPhil's post on the Pokémon Theme Park down in RTC. Many people have posted questions about something they have found on eBay, with the link so others can check it out. So if you find yourself in the same situation, post the link. This will also help you reestablish credibility.

PTCO doenst allow linking to things like ebay. i got suspended there only a few weeks back for posting a link to ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back