Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

TCG and Anime and video games

Baaayyygon

ive always rly liked how pokemon does a good job of tying everything together, so that no matter where u r playing\watching pokemon, you get to learn stuff about the other format. like you get strategy from the tv show about the tcg and video games and vice versa. althoguh I think that yugioh does a better job of actually getting strategy for the tcg in the anime (plus its back on cartoon network! now I can finally get pokemon and yugioh together throughout the day if i plan it right :cool:). i just think its really cool how people can make it so taht even though the video games are differnt thatn the tcgs than the tv shows, they have the same stuff in all of them so you can learn stuff. do you guys have any examples of where you learned something really cool about one format from another? i thought it was cool when i noticed that spoinks little gem was actually a clampearls pearl from teh anime, now I try to build decks with both of them.

i remember back in the day on the old episodes a slowpoke dipped its tail into a river and a shellder bit it...it the changed and evolved into slowbro...but it dont work on the game though it did look cool

I think that yugioh does a better job of actually getting strategy for the tcg in the anime

Play a real Yu-Gi-Oh deck against Yugi's massive decklist from the anime and you'll find that without Atem's magical topdecking power (seriously, that's a power of his), it'll lose a lot more than it wins because it's a pile of garbage.

If I thought the games were fun and the anime was cool, I would be inclined to agree with you.

Play a real Yu-Gi-Oh deck against Yugi's massive decklist from the anime and you'll find that without Atem's magical topdecking power (seriously, that's a power of his), it'll lose a lot more than it wins because it's a pile of garbage.

Yeah but then again sadly enough, thats how almost every duel is determined anyway, top decking power, yugioh is a game for the mentally disturbed I think. Ive always wondered if someone went through every yugioh episode, just how many cards could they find yugi using? I was thinking he probably come up with a 70 card deck and most of it was junk.
You fuse 2 monsters to get 1 bigger attk monster and most people today in reality could lay on monster down as a summon and kill it lol.

There are decklists for basically all the main characters' decks floating around out there. They're maddeningly janky and would never win a real duel just because they're so inconsistent it's not even funny.

I mean, Jou's got Baby Dragon in his deck. Baby freaking Dragon.

There are decklists for basically all the main characters' decks floating around out there. They're maddeningly janky and would never win a real duel just because they're so inconsistent it's not even funny.

I mean, Jou's got Baby Dragon in his deck. Baby freaking Dragon.

While I agree that 99% of the decks in the anime are junk, there are a few that seem plausible if they didn't draw everything they needed at exactly the right time.

They WILL always get WHAT they want, WHENEVER they want.

That's actually one of Atem's magical powers. To topdeck whatever he wants whenever he wants. Compared to the ability to mind crush people or initiate games of darkness that'll consume your soul, it's a pretty pathetic power.

Orange Islands was filler (although the Southern Islands thing in the Pokémon TCG is close enough). The only good part was Tracy's Marril, because it was glory and beauty unto the heavens unlike the minds of mortal men can dream or desire.

Though it's interesting how one of the gyms was a double battle three generations before double battles were formally introduced.

Though you have to admit having Kaiba's decks (100% accurate to the decks shown in the anime) for cosplaying purposes is an awesome thing.

Fortunately, my friend and I saw a Kaiba cosplayer with the decks when we were at Anime Central, and we even had the honor of dueling him with the Duel Disks XD

Last edited:
Did he summon a bunch of monsters in one turn and say Kaiba's trademark line when you mentioned it? If not, then he wasn't a true cosplayer.

Pokemon doesn't give kids false hopes that when they buy a pack of cards they'll be able to summon real monsters and gain magical powers.
Pokemon > Yugioh.

That's actually one of Atem's magical powers. To topdeck whatever he wants whenever he wants. Compared to the ability to mind crush people or initiate games of darkness that'll consume your soul, it's a pretty pathetic power.

but its like everyone in the anime have the power...

but its like everyone in the anime have the power...

No, they're just your everyday garden-variety deck-stacking cheaters.

Atem is your everyday garden-variety deck-stacking magical cheater.

Did he summon a bunch of monsters in one turn and say Kaiba's trademark line when you mentioned it? If not, then he wasn't a true cosplayer.

Yeah. We called BS, but we all knew that he was doing for laughs.

Though my friend didn't mind... He played Magical Dimension on one of his spellcasters, brought out Silent Magician lvl.4 through it's effect, and then played Level Up

"Hey Kaiba! GG!"

Back