Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team Galactic's Invention 101+107+amnesia

readmyusername

I don't get this! Energy gain says

"as long as Team Galactic's Invention G-101 Energy Gain is attached to a Pokémon, the attack cost of that Pokémon's attacks is c less."

but 107 Technical Machine says
"Attach this card to 1 of your Pokémon SP in play. That Pokémon may use this card's attack instead of its own."

and then I found this on the Compendium Updates (http://tinyurl.com/4t4n9n4)

"Q. If I have "Team Galactic's Invention G-107 Technical Machine G" attached to a SP Pokemon and also "Team Galactic's Invention G-101 Energy Gain", can I use the attack "Damage Porter" if I just have two energy attached to my SP Pokemon?
A. Yes, Energy Gain reduces the attack cost of Damage Porter by one colorless energy. (Jun 4, 2009 PUI Rules Team)"

but it also says

"Q. Can you select to prevent the opponent's attached Technical Machine G's "Damage Porter" attack when using "Amnesia"?
A. No, Amnesia can't prevent attacks provided by Technical Machines, because it is an attack the opponent's active "can use" but it isn't one of its attacks. (Jun 4, 2009 PUI Rules Team)"

Energy gain says the attack cost of THAT pokemon's attack is c less. So that means 107 Technical Machine IS one of THAT Pokemon's attack, then why would amnesia not work on it? Like Bibarel's attack says

"Choose 1 of the Defending Pokémon's attacks. That Pokémon can't use that attack during your opponent's next turn."

Damage porter say " That Pokémon may use this card's attack instead of its own." instead of it's own meanng it's one of it's own attacks. So energy gain shouldn't be able to work with Damage porter or what?!

So if 107 Technical Machine is one of THAT Pokemon's attack wouldn't that let amnesia work on it? And if not energy gain says "the attack cost of THAT Pokémon's attacks is c less." So energy gain would not reduce 107 Technical Machine or what?! I feel stupid.....please help me.:confused:

Last edited:
The sayings do seem to contradict each other a little, no? However, we can only go by what the rules team/compendium says for each of the cards individually.

This would be my interpretation:

G-107 Damage Porter is not an attack of that Pokemon, until the moment that the player chooses to use the attack. So it can't be affected by Amnesia, because it is not an attack when the Amnesia takes place. But Energy Gain is in effect when the player chooses to use the Damage Porter attack, so Energy Gain works.

But it's not one if its own attacks

be
G-107 Damage Porter is not of ntil the moment that the player chooses to use the attack. So it can't be affected by Amnesia, because it is not tack when the Amnesia takes place. But Energy Gain is in effect when the player chooses to use the Damage Porter attack, so Energy Gain works.

Damage porter say " That Pokémon may use this card's attack instead of its own." instead of it's own meanng it's one of it's own attacks. But if it did become one of it's attacks the moment he uses it then that is not fair Bibarel or whatever pokemon with amnesia.

The way i see it is that Damage Porter is not one of it's attacks because it's not printed on the card, but "That Pokémon may use this card's attack instead of its own." It only has access to Damage porter because of the card attached, Amnesia only targets the Attacks that Pokemon has access to all the time.

As far as E-Gain, i see it kind of like an effect on the Pokemon, so it can reduce the TM's cost.

Damage porter say " That Pokémon may use this card's attack instead of its own." instead of it's own meanng it's one of it's own attacks. But if it did become one of it's attacks the moment he uses it then that is not fair Bibarel or whatever pokemon with amnesia.

"Not fair" how? It's not like there are any really good TMs that are worth shutting down with Amnesia anyway. If your opponent can threaten you with Damage Porter just hit them with Surf and they'll be KO'd...

Back