Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team PikaClan's Stage 1 LV X lines-Apprentice Contest

Charizardian

Okay, fakers. Your first challenge is to create A complete stage 1 line (Meaning a Stage 1 Pokémon and the Pokémon that evolves into it) then a L.V X card of the stage 1 Pokémon. Here is the rubric for you.

Name: 5 Points
This needs no explanation.

HP: 3 Points
Don't make it too low or too high.

Picture: 7 points
Remember to be descriptive!

Type: 5 points
Again, this isn't too hard to remember

Weakness/Resistance/Retreat Cost: 9 Points
Be sure to give the cards a proper weakness, resistance, and retreat cost.

Poké-Power/Body and Attacks: 50 Points
Be sure to use é. Oh, and on an important note, the Basic Pokémon here break the originality rules. That means they can have something like {C} Tackle 10, but if you decide to give them something like {C} Tackle 10, you must also give them a Power, Body, or another attack with an effect (Though it doesn't have to be original, it just has to make sense).

Rarity, Flavor Text, and Level: 5 Points
Don't froget these!

Explanations: 8 Points
Tell me why you gave them attacks/powers/bodies like you did, and why you gave them the certain amount of HP, Retreat cost, and the weakness/resistance.

Strategy:8 Points
Don't make cards that can't combo with anything!

Total: 100 Points

And now, the restrictions for this round:
The LV X Pokémon must have x2 weakness.
No dual type cards.
You can't make the stage 1 a Pokémon ex.
You can't use or refrence Created Mechanics (Such as Ultima Type).
You can't use a stage 1 line that has the basic evolve from a baby (An example is you can't use Magmar and Magmortar)
You can't use a Baby Pokémon and a Basic (An example is you can't use Smoochum and Jynx).

Deadline is Sunday, September 16th, at 4:00 Eastern Time.

Last edited:
Meowth LV 13 50HP [C]
Basic Pokémon

Picture: It is late evening. A happy Meowth is walking down an alley. In its hands is a large assortment of shiny objects, including bottle caps, coins, and watches. It is leaving a trail of coins behind it. It is passing by a poster asking if anyone had seen a lost bottle cap collection.

[.] Pay Day
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 damage to the Defending Pokémon. If tails, draw a card.
[C] Thievery
Choose 1 card from your opponent's hand without looking. Look at the card you chose, then have your opponent shuffle that card into his or her deck. Then search your deck for a card of the same name, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand.

W – [F]+10
R – [P]-10
RC – [C]

Rarity: Common
It adores shiny objects, and secretly stashes them away. Nobody knows where they hide their treasures.

Explanation: Pay Day is a very common attack on Meowth, so I put an Energyless one on this card. Meowth are known to steal things, so I made up the Thievery attack. It is weak to [F] because of the Fighting-type, and resistant to [P] because of the Ghost-type. All Meowth with the exception of TR’s Meowth has had a Retreat Cost of 1. It has 50 HP because most Meowth have 50HP, and it is very rare to see a Basic in D/P with 40HP.

Strategy: Evolve into Persian. Disrupt opponent’s hand. Steal their best cards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Persian LV 28 70HP [C]
Stage 1 - Evolves from Meowth

Picture: It is noon. A Persian is hiding in a tree. There is a hole in the tree where Persian hid many shiny valuables. Persian is looking down at two Growlithe, who are sniffing around, trying to catch Persians' scent.

[C][C] Scratch Away 30
Flip a coin for each Energy attached to Persian. For each heads, choose 1 card from your opponent's hand without looking and discard it.
[C][C][C] Embargo 40
During your opponent’s next turn, your opponent may not search his or her deck for any cards and put them into his or her hand.

W – [F]+20
R – [P]-20
RC –

Rarity: Rare Holo
It will lash out at other Pokémon for no reason at all. It takes a skilled trainer to keep one under control.

Explanation: I gave it Scratch Away because Persian like to use their claws, and it fits. Embargo is a TM that Persian can learn, so I decided to stop it from letting the opponent search their deck. W/R has the same explanation as Meowth. Apparently, on all regular Persian, they can have 80HP and [C] Retreat, or 70HP and 0 Retreat. I chose 70HP.

Strategy: Discard cards from your opponent’s hand, then keep them from searching for cards. Combos with Gyarados MT, Noctowl DP, and Empoleon LV X for hand disruption.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Persian LV X 90HP [C]
Level Up - Put onto Persian

Picture: There is a holofoil background. Persain is baring its teeth and swiping its paw outside of the picture, about to swipe 'Shining Pelt'. The jewel on its head is glowing brightly.

Poké-Body Shining Pelt
Whenever your opponent draws any number of cards, draw a card.

[C][C][C] Slash and Tear 90-
Does 90 damage minus 10 more damage for each card in your opponent's hand.

W – [F]x2
R – [P]-30
RC –

Rarity: X
Put this card onto your Active Persian. Persian LV. X can use any attack, Poké-Power, or Poké-Body from its previous Level.

Explanation: Many Pokedex entries describe Persian’s pelt, so I gave it a Poké-Body for it. Slash and Tear is what many cats do when they are in a rage. W/R is a given. I gave it 90HP and 0 retreat so it gains 20HP, like many LV Xs, and is similar to Delcatty ex.

Strategy: Combos well with the other Persian. Shorten your opponent’s hand, draw a card whenever they draw any cards, and do high damage. Can sort of combo with Unown D. You use your power, you each draw, then you draw again. Same with Speed Stadium. If you do this, however, you won’t get to use Slash and Tear much. Also, you can use Team Galactic’s Bet to shorten their hand. If you win, you get to draw 7 cards. If you lose, you draw 4. Then you Scratch Away to shorten it again, then Slash and Tear FTW!

Last edited:
Ledyba Lv 16 HP40 [G]
Basic Pokémon

[.] Buzz Off
If your opponent has any Benched Pokémon, he or she chooses 1 of them and switches it with his or her Active Pokémon, then, if you have any Benched Pokémon, you switch 1 of them with Ledyba.

[G][C] Group Attack10x
Does 10 damage times the number of Ledyba you have in play. Before doing damage, you may search your deck for a Ledyba and put it onto your bench. (If you do, shuffle your deck afterward.)

W:[R]+10
R:[F]-20
RC:

Picture: There are hundreds of Ledyba flying above a river. There is also a tree next to the river. Other Ledyba are in the tree. The sun is setting in the background.

Rarity: Common

Ledyba will only move when part of a large swarm. If not in a group, it will sit still and wait for other ones to find it.

Explanation: Koga's Zubat has Group Attack like Ledyba's Swarm attack, so I decided that it would be cool for Ledyba. I gave it Buzz Off as a cool bug move. Like many Ledyba, it has a [R] weakness, a [F] resistance, and no retreat cost.
Strategy: Use Group Attack to get 4 Ledyba then evolve and use Super Swarm for 90 damage for 3 Energy. It combos with Kricketune because they are both fast [G] Pokémon and use large benches to do more damage.

Ledian Lv 34 HP70 [G]
Stage 1 Pokémon Evolves from Ledyba

Poké-Body Pollen Shield
As long as Ledian is your active Pokémon, your Pokémon cannot be affected by Special Conditions.

[G][G][C] Super Swarm 50+
Does 50 damage plus 10 more damage for each Ledyba and each Ledian you have in play.

W:[R]+20
RC:

Rarity: Rare

Ledian gains energy from the stars in the sky. It scatters a glowing powder everywhere it goes.

Picture: There is a Ledian sitting in a tree. The sun is setting in the background, along with a huge swarm of Ledyba and Ledian. Ledian is facing the sun, waving to them. They are waving back.

Explanation: Well, it's sort of like Kricketune in the Swarm factor. The W/R are just like most Ledians.
Strategy: Use Super Swarm to do 90 damage for 3 Energy after using Group Attack. It could combo with Kricketune, doing more damage and increasing the amount of basics in the deck.

Ledian Lv X HP90 [G]
Level Up Pokémon

Poké-Power Swarm
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may search your deck for a [G] Pokemon, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. You can't use more than Swarm Poke-Power each turn. This power can't be used if Ledian is affected by a Special Condition.

[G][C] Bug Bash 10x
Search your discard pile for all [G] Pokémon cards. This attack does 10 damage times the number of [G] Pokémon cards you find there.
Show them to your opponent, and put them on top of your deck. Shuffle your deck afterward.

W:[R]x2
R:

Picture: There are five Ledians in a star formation. They all go out of the picture at some point. The one in front is closer and bigger, and is swinging its left arms for a punch.

Explanation: This card is great with its other form, and with Kricketune as well. It can get Ledyba onto the bench, then when more basics are needed, Bug Bash can get them back for more swarming! The W/R are obvious.
Strategy: Use to get back Ledyba, Kricketot, Ledian, and Kricketune. Then get them back from the deck with Swarm and set them up in the bench.

Last edited:
OK, I'm going to build my cards based on the prompt. My only Q to Charizardian is this:

--Are we required to use new weaknesses/Resistences on the Basic and S1?

That said, here's the cards:

Grimer (P) Lv. 21
60 HP
Basic Pokémon

(.): Toxic Breeding

Choose an Energy card attached to one of your Pokémon. Search your deck for a Basic Pokémon of the same type and place it on your bench. If that Pokémon was not a (P) type, Grimer is now Poisoned.

(P): Sludge Toss

Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. This attack does 10 damage to that Pokémon (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon).

Weakness: P +10
Resist:
Retreat: (*)
Rarity: C

Flavor: Grimers have the ability to dhrink or expand given the situations. Their smell can also be used to lure unsuspecting Pokémon to their deaths.

Picture: The background is a dark alley behind a shady, dimmly-lit building. Grimer's purple body is stations to the right of the frame, his arms raised high alongside teh brick building he stands in front of. An up-close view of a glowing light orb (an energy card in physical presense) can be seen hovering in front of a pedastool. This is the only lighting in the picture. The light the orb gives off casts the shadows of five different basic pokemon on the back wall, as if Grimer is ominously calling them toward him.
----------------------------

Muk (P) Lv. 29
90 HP
Stage 1 Pokémon (Evolves from Grimer)

PokePower: Poisonous Blessing

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may put a Purple marker on 1 of your or your opponent's Pokémon. Any Pokémon that has any Purple markers on it is (P) in addition to its original types. Purple markers can only be removed when a Pokémon evolves. This power can't be used if Muk is affected by a Special Condition.

(P): Acidity Veil

Choose a card at random from your Opponent's hand and discard it. You may flip a coin. If heads, llok at your opponent's hand a choose a card. Your Opponent discards that card. If tails, show your Opponent your hand and have them choose a card from it. Discard that card.

(PPP): Beso Toxin (100-)

Before doing damage, you may choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon and switch it with 1 of the Defending Pokémon. Your opponent chooses the Defending Pokémon to switch. This attack does 100 damage minus 10 damage for each non-(P) Pokémon in play (yours and your opponent's.)

Weakness: P +30
Resist:
Retreat: ***
Rarity: R

Flavor: Muk was not considered a real Pokémon until genetic testing confirmed that he had evolved from the toxins surrounding Cinnabar Island's Burned Building. They prefer to live in large groups, for their bodies are far too pugent for the real world.

Picture: A lowly Wurmple is cowering in a shadow in the bottom left hand corner of the frame. He eyes are bugged out and staring up toward the upper right middle edge of the fram. Encompasing the right half of the frame is a purple tidal wave with eyes on the top (Muk), red with rage and fury. The picture is farcial in nature so as not to take itself too seriously. Any background seen is entirely black.

--------------------------------

Muk Lv. X (P) Lv. 48
110 HP
Pokémon Level X (place on top of Muk)

(Level Up Rule)

PokéBody: Purple Resistance

Whenever a Pokémon with a Purple Counter attacks Muk, that attack is not affected by Weakness.

(PP**): Doubling Haze

Choose one of Muk's Attacks other than Doubling Haze. Doubling Haze copies that attack except for its energy costs or any other effects needed to pay for that attack. The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned and must pay (**) more to retreat until the end of your opponent's next turn. You cannot use Doubling Haze next turn.

Weakness: P x2
Resistence:
Retreat: **

Picture: The picture appears to be balck for the most part. Muk is at the very bottom fifth of the picture and oozes out of the frame all the way down the card. The toxic flow of this shining beast (holofoil boarders the outlins of this figure) stops just short of the Weakness and Resistance lines. Muk is purple again, but his eyes are no longer red. IN the pirture frame, however, you cane still see the remnents of Wurmple, Weedle, and Dunsparce parts floating through Muk's body. This scene is stark and mildly depressing, but still humerous enough to provoke a laught out of the normity of Muk.
-------------------------------------------

Explanations:

Cards Mechanics:

Grimer is simply used to pwoer up for Muk's attack. Used in a (P) based edck, he should never have to take damag while allowing you the option of powering up something else on the bench. Also, should you ever need to get rid of Grimer on your own, you could copy an energy otehr than (P) and allow him to Poison himself out, but this should not be a problem.

Muk's PokePower gives you the opportunity to Power his second attack while giving you time to destroy your opponent's hand in the set-up process. The 90 HP seemed a bit high, but needed for the +20 to my Lv. X. I made his retreat (***) because fo the very high HP. At 80, his retreat could have gone either way and, at 70, would have dropped to (**).

Muk Lv. X stops the weakness to Purple Counters as well as allows a Doubling effect by poisoning the Defnding Pokemon while kicking out 100 damage as well.

Flavor Treatise:

Grimer's HP is representative of his state. As a blob of poison goop, he isn't easily damamge by attacks. Since he has no natural Resistance, I decided to play this out through his HP. The poison effect from the Call for Family ability shows that his odor (from the Flavor Text) can draw other pokemon to him, but at a proce to himself. The attack is striaght from Koga's Grimer as well.

Muk's ability to create havok through his poison trail is seen in this cards entire mechanics. The ability to make other Pokemon (P) type, using his Toxic fumes to melt cards away from your hand, and use the power of Poison he put in everyone to attack the active pokemon. Beso Toxin is a play off of the Latin phrase meaning "Sweet Poison", infering that there are somethings so dangerous that you can't help but be attracted to them. This card is the apex of the combined flavor of all the cards.

If Muk was the combined flavor champion, then Muk Lv. X is the picture winner. His picture shows that, because he has poisoned everyone else, he has the ability to pull himself back to the bench more freely through their Toxic fumes. Since he is also more powerful, he can distinguish between real and Purpled pokemon as well. And there should be no Poison pokemon without the ability to Poison somehwere in its line. Doubling Haze is a play off of Muk's ability to use Minimize and Double Team to do more damage from it. However, it takes a lot of work to do this, so he can only do the attack once evry other turn.

In closing, my flavor standpoint is this: there are two ways that flavor works itself out in cards. One is the explicitive, where connections between abilities, flavor text, and picture are easily seen. Examples from my cards are Poisonous Blessing, Sludge Toss, Toxic Breeder, and all the weakness choices. The other is implicative, where you must look for other references that surround the card to get it's full meaning. Examples from my cards of this are Beso Toxin, Acidity Veil, Doubling Haze, and Muk Lv. X's retreat cost.

Strategy:

--Self-comboing and the Lv. X protects itself from its own power. more strats later.
--Shiftry EX for hand disruption and definitive targetting. Also covers my weaknesses.
--All new (P) pokemon (formerly (G)).
--Clefable from Jungle.
--Crobat MT. Toxic them and then lock them into place with Beso Toxin or Acidity Veil.
--Empoleon Lv. X. Complete Hnad Disruption with the Power and Muk's first attack.
--Sceptile EX. Though Pokemon-ES may not be as poswerful next format, this card helps cover the fear of losing an early Muk y turning its death into a (P*) from 70.
--Persian Lv. X by charmander rox. Disrupt the hand further for more damage.
--Krickitune MT/Ledian by meditite rox. Grimer can tutor for Ledyba while you power up for a Super Swarm.

Last edited:
Charizardian: Thanks for the info. I'll probably make more use of it in later rounds, but the cards are a bit more balanced with the weaknesses as they currently are.

Also, my critiques will be public in this post, as should all critiques be. Thus, Charmander rox, your PM is now being made public.

You said you were going to critique our cards. Now I'll critique yours.
Should Toxic Breeding really work with Rainbow Energy?
Yes, it should. Flavorwise, both Rainbow and Grimer have synthetic origins and it is just another abuse of Rainbow energy. I see no problem with it.

Toxic Breeding seems much worse than Call for Family.
As it should. It costs less and allows you to power up one of your benched pokemon as opposed to going with Grimer alone.

Sludge Toss should say: Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack does 10 damage to that Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
Fixed.

Acidity Veil seems confusing.
I agree, its difficult to word. Here's how the effect works. First you choose a card at random from your opponent's hand. They discard the chosen card. Then, you have option of flipping a coin (you aren't required to. On heads, you get to look at your opponent's hand and discard a card at random from it. On tails, vice versa. Anyone have a better idea how to word this? I personally like the effect (as it ties in with part of my strat. section), but I do agree that it is slightly confusing.

Beso Toxin should say:
Before doing damage, you may choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon and switch it with 1 of the Defending Pokemon. Your opponent chooses the Defending Pokemon to switch. This attack does 100 damage minus 10 damage for each non-[P] Pokemon in play (yours and your opponent's.)
Fixed.

Poisonous Blessing should say:
Once during your turn (before your attack), if Muk is your Active Pokemon, you may put a Purple marker on 1 of your or your opponent's Pokemon. Any Pokemon that has any Purple markers on it is [P] in addition to its original types. This power can't be used if Muk is affected by a Special Condition.
Still kept the part about it only going away as it evolves, but the wording you agve me looks solid. Changes made.

[/QUOTE]Never refer to Muk LV X as LV X. Refer to it as Muk.[/QUOTE]
Grazi ancora.

LV Xs don't usually lose Retreat Cost upon Leveling Up. I suggest Muk getting more HP, too. 80 and 3 retreat isn't too good. Try 90HP and ** retreat if you want.

With the flavor of Muk being able to slide around in the poison world he creates while other pokemon are trapped in the sludge, I think the retreat drop works. Antiquity Skeins also seems to indicate that Muk is old and, therefore, should have a higher retreat cost (older pokemon should take their time retreating so as not to break any bones, even those that don't technically exist).

Now for my critiks.
-------------
Char. rox:

OVERALL:

+-I personally prefer to put the picture at the base of the card, since it allows the effects of the card to flow into the flavor of the card and not have to worry about some pre-concieved picture to stumble through ebfore reaching the card.

--So, Persian's a Basic pokemon, right? And it evolves into Meowth? And then how do I use a Level X card again? Wait, that's all wrong!?!?! Well, then why doesn't it list stages and Level X rules on your cards?
--Space out your effects more. It's hard to read the jumble of single-spaced letters you've got there.

Meowth:

+50 HP and W/R chosen look good.
+Pay Day is excellently worded and executed.

--Theivery is a bit broken, IMHO. Hand information shouldn't be an instantaneous effect unless you're paying more for it (see my coin flip above plus an extra level of evolution). Perhaps make it a coin flip with one discard being random and the other being a view of the hand followed by a shuffle. Either way, the tail end of the effect is fine.

Persian:

+70 and RC: (none) is excellent for this card and your jsutification for it is great too.
+Embargo is well costed and the effect is quite original as well.

--Scratch Away is Bah-roken. Effects like this should be VERY expensive, not (30) for (**)(which, as a vanilla effect, is nice on a Stage 1 anyway). By T2, you're looking at a possible complete set-up for you, plus 30 to whatever's active, and a complete destruction of your opponent's entire set-up.

You need to put a cap on the discarding limit, such as topping out at 3-4 cards (if that). I udnerstand the flavor ties in thie Persian X, but its jsut too strong of an attack.

+-there is litle to no flavor relation to Meowth through the picture you've chosen. It seems like a really random jump from the one to the other. Maybe Persian should be on top of a pile of coins, swiping away the Growlithe. Just a thought.

Persian X:

+HP and Retreat work.
+Picture is niiiiiiiiiiiiice...
+Slash and Tear is also well worded, though could start out at 90 (it is a Persian X attack, anyway).

+-Shining Pelt is confusing, both from a flavor and tehcnical standpoint. Flavorwise, how does shiny pelt allow you to draw more cards? From the tech side, say your opponent draws three cards from a Steven's. Do you get to draw three cards (one for each drawn) or one card for the complete effect? I know its the latter, but you need to reword the power to reflect that it only takes effect after your opponent stops drawing the cards.
---------------------------------------------

medi. rox:

OVERALL:

+-I personally prefer to put the picture at the base of the card, since it allows the effects of the card to flow into the flavor of the card and not have to worry about some pre-concieved picture to stumble through ebfore reaching the card.

--Space out your effects more. It's hard to read the jumble of single-spaced letters you've got there.

Ledyba:

+I <3 the picture you've chosen. Consider fleshing it out a bit more, but the minimalist approach you took to it amkes me like it even more.
+The HP, W/R all match up.
+Buzz Off is a nice update from an older card.

--The retreat is unacceptable. Basic pokemon simply shouldn't be given free retreat as it messes with the game too much. Ledian can have it, but Ledyba needs the experience of evolution to garner free retreat IMHO.
--Group Attack=Broken. Change it to only getting one, as that is what most attacks at this cost and effect can do. I do like the attack on this card, as it leads to a flavor and tehcnical connection to the other two cards here.

Ledian:

+the two pictures chose almost tie together in a panoramic photo. Me likes (and hopes Charizardian will see the flavor connection here).
+Super swarm is also nice, tying in with Ledyba.

+-Pollen Sheild seems like it could get a bit overpowered with some cards. Perhaps make it if Ledian is Active on make it a coin flip? I dunno. Something about it seems off to me...

Ledian X:

++Fine on all points except...

--Check comma usage and Special Condition's effect in the PokePower. both are lacking.

Cacnea LV. 14 HP50[G]
Basic Pokémon
Picture: Cacnea is in the mountains during the middle of the afternoon. It is launching its Pin Missile attack all around destroying all the rocks in its path.
[G][C] Flying Spikes
Flip 2 coins. For each heads, select a pokémon. This attack does 20 damage to the selected pokémon.

W:[R]+10
R:
RC:[C]
Common
Cacnea are very cheerful and affectionate. It sometimes pokes its trainers in joy.

Cacturne LV. 39 HP90[D]
Stage 1 Pokémon. Evolves from Cacnea
Picture: It's Midnight, full moon in the background. Cacturne is in a corn field, being a scarecrow, with a real sadistic look on its face. You also see some Murkrow in the background flyng away in fear.
[D][C] Push Pin 30
During your opponent's next turn, the defending pokémon can't retreat.

[D][D] Spike Lariat 20+
If the defending Pokémon has a Poké Power or Poké Body, this attack does 20 plus 40 more damage

W:[F]+20
R:[P]-20
RC:[C][C]
Rare Holo
Cacturne gained its dark type because farmers use them to scare bird pokemon away from their crops. Also they tend to freak out people and other pokemon

Cacturne LV.X HP110[D]
Level Up Pokémon. Place on Cacturne
Picture: In a 3-D effect with a silver background and a full moon in the center, Cacturne has its arms out looking like irs using a Scary Face attack.
:pbody: Pressure Point
Whenever your opponent plays a pokémon with a poke body on their bench, place 3 damage counters on that pokemon.

[D][D][D] Trick or Treat 70
Declare a card type (Pokémon, Energy, or Trainer/Supporter/Stadium). Both players reveal the top card of their deck. For each declare card revealed, select one card from your opponent's hand without looking and look at it and place on top of the deck. All revealed card are placed on top of the decks and both decks are shuffled.

W:[F]2x
R:[P]-20
R:[C][C]
X holo

Explanation: the HP of all the pokemon are a bit standard, the attacks are to fit this current metagame. And the Trick or Treat attack is that when you see a Cacturne you think Halloween.
Strategy:
Cacnea- A pretty basic pokémon
Cacturn- Good attack for the current metagame
Cacturn LV.X- Great combo with Shifty EX (CG)

Last edited:
Critique:

Cacnea:
Pin Missle is a common Cacnea attack. You might want to give it a 2nd attack.

Cacturne:
Spike Lariat = BROKEN. 80 damage for two Energy? A large percent of Pokemon use powers.

LV X:
Pressure Point is extremely broken. I mean, most Baby Pokemon will die almost instantly, and whenever some Pokemon evolve, they will take even more damage.
Trick or Treat seems EXTREMELY confusing.

On all of them, especially Cacnea, you need to add more to the picture.

Otherwise, great job.

cardzmaster: There have been Ledyba with free retreat before, and Koga's Zubat did the exact same attack. But I'll make it one anyway.
http://pokepedia.net/

OK, I'll make it only while Ledian is Active.

cardzmaster and dered:you forgot the é in Pokémon.

Last edited:
Change Pressure Point to only work on Basics.

Meditite rox, all Ledyba have either had 40HP/0 retreat or 50HP/1 Retreat. Pick one.

Cardzmaster2004, I got the words for the Poisonous Blessing from Gardy ex's Imprison. It did not mention evolving. It applies without being said.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Alright, if noone has anymore advice, I think my cards are done. All of our cards are made, with the exception of pichu bros. rox.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Oh, and on Trick or Treat, wouldn't you be able to easily take advantage of having mostly Trainers, Energy, or Pokemon left in your deck?

Last edited:
Fixed spelling.
there would be no point in the body if pressure point only works on basics.
trick or treat is fine as is, LV X's has to have good attacks.

Cardzmaster2004, a good combo with Muk would be Shiftry ex PK. You can see their hand for Skill Hack, and Shiftry ex is Resistant to [P].

However, Muk doesn't combo well with itself.
Muk said:
Yay, now I'm going to use Poisonous Blessing to make by Beso Toxin more powerful.
Wait a minute...
Now my opponent is [P]...
I have a Weakness to [P]...
No more Muk. :frown:

Meditite, edit your Ledyba!

I just did a search in PokePedia for all Basic Pokemon in Modified with 0 Retreat. Here's what I found:

Your query has returned 0 records.

Back