Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team Recruiting?

Ryomota

I have seen threads that wanted people for their team. The thread got locked because team recruiting. I know it's against the rules, but why? I don't get it. Mabye there could be a forum made for team recruiting. Thanks for the help.

:confused: Ryomota :confused:

Last edited:
^lol I wish but, i agree with ryomota, there is nothing wrong with it as long as it is kept at a minimal. How r u to get people on ur team without recruiting. it is pretty retarded that stuff like recruting gets u locked. Now i can understand where the mods are coming from. If 1 person does it then another person would do it and then so on... Also i am not sure who it is but someone has a recruting thing as there signature. What r u going to do lock there signature. If people can have join my team on their signature then they can have it on a thread. Mod's please be a little leniat on things like recruting.

i know but i am pointing out that there is no difference between ur sig having recruiting on it and a thread that recruits peple. if they lock a thread then they should delete a sig or if they dont delete a sig then dont delete or lock a thread. thats what i am trying to say if u get what I mean.

Moss, PMed ya ;P

They can't post Recruit threads because they are spam. If they want someone to join, they should PM the person. Bigger is not always better.

Moss, also PMed you

moza, I understand what you are saying, but if they made a Team Recruiting forum, it wouldn't be spam

Ryomota said:
Moss, also PMed you

moza, I understand what you are saying, but if they made a Team Recruiting forum, it wouldn't be spam
thats a great idea, make a Team recruting forum. Or make a sticky of it on random topic center like they have for a Apprentice/online game thing. that would be nice.

I would prefer a forum over a sticky. A sticky would be everyone posting over each other, it would be chaos. One the other hand, having a forum would allow every team to have their own thread

If there were threads that were recruiting, they should have been locked or deleted.
We not omnicient. We miss some.

Vegeta ss4 said:
Now i can understand where the mods are coming from. If 1 person does it then another person would do it and then so on...
Exactly. We have had that exact problem in the past and that's why we have the rule.

Also i am not sure who it is but someone has a recruting thing as there signature. What r u going to do lock there signature. If people can have join my team on their signature then they can have it on a thread.
We allow a lot of promotions on sigs that we don't allow as posts or threads.
On sigs, people can advertise Teams, ebay auctions, even other Pokemon sites.
I think we're pretty lenient when it comes to this kind of thing, compared to a lot of other boards.

People should be able to.

Afterall, Pokegym is the #1 place for players to meet, so without the ability to form teams here, there is no real way for people to do so unless they contact only people they already know.

One stickied thread should be enough.

poke pop, can u make a sticky so that people can be happy. It is a much better way than people using their sigs as their recruting. I think that it might bring more competition t the game if u do so. Just a though, so what do u say? PLEASE make a sticky for it.

That's like asking him to make a sticky for advertising for eBay auctions, or for their sites, or something. Can't have a sticky for everything.

Hey it is Marril, how is it going... Now this is a topic, now that Marril is has posted. But the reason as to why i want PokePop or someone amongst the mods to make a sticky is because i believe that it can help the game. briniging more people onto the team levels will make players better because then they can use the info that the team knows. This results in better players instead fo players that always win or do consistently well. Teams can make this game much more interesting. Then u might say "well what is league for?" Well league does help a bit but then again if there were to be a sticky for Team recruiting then u can become much better in the aspect of the metagame. U put together players that are from midwest then west coast and other places and put them together u will see decks at a higher level and playing abilities will go up. It also introduces friendship. When u come on a team that is not in ur area then u will meet new people. Kind of like worlds or nationals when u meet a bunch of people, teams does the same thing. Also considering the fact that worlds are much harder to get into now which makes harder to meet new people unless u want to pay a high price just to go make a friend then a sticky for teams is the solution. So please make a sticky on this. U won't regret it at all.

I fail to see where you provide 'Pop with any reasons why a sticky for team recruiting is any better than just having messages in your sig or something.

Back