Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team Rocket Returns to Los Angeles 10/30!

WeileMom

PokePrerelease.jpg

EX Rocket Returns
Prerelease Tournament
Los Angeles
Saturday, October 30, 2004

Tournament Location
Atrium Hotel, 18700 MacArthur Blvd., Irvine; Ph: 949.833.2770

Cost to Enter
Tournament entry is $20 (this includes the 6 booster packs for tournament play which you get to keep)

Registration and Start Time
Registration begins at 11 am; the tournament starts at Noon

If you are not preregistered, please arrive at the event by 11:15 am.

Tournament Format
This tournament will feature a "sealed deck" format. Each player will receive 6 prerelease boosters and have 30 minutes to construct a 40-card deck. Basic Energy cards will be provided. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the tournament.

Additionally, we will also run a Preconstructed Deck Tournament, interest permitting.

Prizes
Prizes have changed for this and future prerelease events--the new emphasis is on everyone playing, having fun, and getting into the spirit of the game.
Thus, POP will be giving each and every player participating in the main event 4 prerelease booster packs plus 2 Series One boosters. These prizes will be awarded at the end of the Swiss rounds. Players must participate in all rounds of Swiss to receive prizes. Every player regardless of record will receive these prizes. Every player will also receive a prerelease promo stamped card!

PT&E wants to further recognize players who compete well in the event, so additional PT&E prizes for each age group are:

1st -- 4 booster packs
2nd -- 2 booster packs
3rd -- 1 booster pack
Best Sport -- 1 booster pack

And remember, we will still be giving out a random pack every round, plus everyone gets to keep the cards they received to play in the tournament as well!

More Than a Single Tournament!
As often as we have players who wish to play (and time permitting) we will run Side Events. Enjoy the game your favorite way:

- Booster Draft
- Constructed
- Game Boy Advanced Battle
- Sealed Deck

More Questions?
If you have questions that were not answered email us at [email protected]

Last edited:
Definately going to try to go to this one. I recently discovered that a person I have known on the internet actually goes to my school, so I will be bringing him if I can come.

GBA tourny! Wireless adapter! This is going to be fun, a union room actually full of other people besides my brother! Must go EV Train my team!

Last edited:
Alright, another road trip with the SD crew. I hope theres another Bar Mitzvah going on this time, I need to get a new Yamaka. There should also be a pack for worst spotsmanship. (AKA Free pack for Martin)

Warbuzz said:
I am also interested in a Gameboy Side Tournament. Who else is interested?

I am interested in Game Boy Tournament. I know all the other GBA players will be happy about this.

Last edited:
Also, please note that the location will be held at the Atrium Hotel in Irvine (same place that the L.A. Gym Challenge was at), not the usual Costa Mesa location.

See ya there,
- CHRISBO

Hi,
I need to clarify the wording of the GBA tournament. It is actually going to be head to head battles, not a tournament per se. We're still working on the particulars but basically between rounds you have the opportunity to challenge another player to a one on one battle. The winner will receive a prize and each person will only be allowed two wins. It will be a free event.
We ran something similar during the Team Aqua/Team Magma prerelease and the players seemed to enjoy themselves. I'm so happy to see the interest in this event!
Thanks,
Nicole
WeileMom

Do we know if Nintendo will ever combine the gameboy and TCG into one tournament like with the first EX R/S pre-releases?

The head to head thing is cool, everyone gets a chance to win packs. :)

Yes we are still playing under those rules. What WeileMom is referring too is that its not really gonna be a regular tournament. You just play anyone available like we have in the past.

We need to update the ban list on pokemon for FR/GL. For example Deoxys, and Celebi. Any suggestions on the what to add to the ban list?

Yes, good idea. I was also thinking about that. No 00berz.

Snorax, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Wobbuffet, Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Celebi, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Lati@s, Deoxys.

And maybe Shedinja? When I play online, the above are usually banned. (except the legendary birds and legendary dogs)

What do you guys think?

Hi,
I think Karl is going to ask Chrisbo to update the rules for the GBA play. It looks like we need to!
---Nicole

WeileMom

Any word yet on the Pokemon that will be banned? I do kinda sorta want to in a way begin training over the weekend for my team. :D

Warbuzz said:
Yes we are still playing under those rules. What WeileMom is referring too is that its not really gonna be a regular tournament. You just play anyone available like we have in the past.

We need to update the ban list on pokemon for FR/GL. For example Deoxys, and Celebi. Any suggestions on the what to add to the ban list?
Just Follow the Battle Tower Rules...

1. 3 Pokémon @ Lv50
2. No multiples of the same Pokémon (example: you can only have one Golem, not two.)
3. No Multiples of the same Item. (Example: Snorlax and Pikachu can't both be holding Leftovers.)
4. And The Ban List:

#198 Kyogre
#199 Groudon
#200 Rayquaza
#201 Jirachi
#202 Deoxys
#305 Mewtwo
#306 Mew
#384 Lugia
#385 Ho-oh
#386 Celebi

Totally, 100%, agree with Miguel. I was just about to post THE EXACT THING with rules and banned Pokemon. (since I got a few beatings from some of my banning choices)

I will be training my Pokemon in R/S this weekend and then trade them over to FR so I can do the Wireless thing. I seriously hope those are the rules and the banned Pokemon we will be using. It is the most fair choices to everyone, and should be how all GBA tournies are. :)

Back