Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team Slack Tribute: The End?

Marshtomp

I was entering pokegym and heading for the random topic center, when I noticed this forum. After reading some of the stories, I decided to give it a shot.

Team Slack Tribute: Prologue

It had been five years since police had patroled the streets of Celadon. No people lived here anymore, and even the city's Gym Leader, Erika, had moved out. Celadon city had been overrun. Team Rocket had risen from the Game Corner unexpectedly with numbers Red had not witnessed when he defeated Geovanni. Now, every house, every building, even the Celadon City Gym was a part of Team Rocket's base.
Up on the roof of what had once been the Celadon Department store, members of Team Rocket stood overlooking the city.
"Call up the Boss and tell him we're ready to go," ordered a raspy voice belonging to thin and underfeed man.
"You remembered to bring your pokemon with you this time right? Im not calling until Im sure you have them. Last weeks embarrassment was enough," said another man, who was as large as the first man was skinny.
"Yes, yes. You had me grab them as we left the mess lounge remember?"
"Oh yeah"
As he said this, the large man reached for the phone on his belt. Before he had diled he stopped.
"Did you hear that?" he said, with a little worry in his voice.
As if sensing that something was wrong, the thin man reached for a pokeball, only to find that he had left his pokeballs behind again.
"Um, I guess I did forget my pokemon. I guess I left them in the men's room on my way out" he stated with a grin.
"Imbecil! I knew yo---" he did not have time to finish. A large brown paw came down on his head before he knew the Slacking was there.
"What?" questioned the thin man with suprise. He reched for his cell phone and dialed as he ran. When the person he was calling picked up the phone he said,"Rocket headquarters, we have a rogue pokemon on the roof of the control tower. No, I dont have my pokemon on me. Yes, the pokemon is dangerous, I need help as so---". The thin man stopped. Coiled in front of the staircase was an Arbok staring him in the face. As he looked in its eyes he began to feel dazed. A second later he was on floor, and the last thing he sensed was the cold tail of the gigantic snake closing around his body.
"Hello? Hello?" called Jason, the head of Team Rocket's communications at Celadon. As he continued listening, he could here something, probobly heavy, walking near the phone. A moment later some smaller footsteps were heard, and the sound of pokemon being returned to their balls. Then someone began talking.
"Is team rocket on this line?" said a sturdy and confident voice.
“Yes, and who am I speaking to?” replyed Jason, without any show of confusion.
“Good. Now listen to me, and listen well. Team Rocket has been doing some things we don’t approve of. You’ve taken our city, and we’re ready to take it back. I Team Rocket does not rid Celadon City of its filth, more of your men will join the two up here. You have until noon tomorrow.”
Jason heard a soft click as the person on the other end hung up. He sat in his chair thinking for a moment, and then turned to the man sitting in the chair next to him.
“Call the Boss”

Last edited:
Team Slack Tribute: Chapter 1
Rosalyn was unaffected by the call she had just received. Another grunt dead was nothing new to her. She had been running Team Rocket for five years, and things like that happened. Jason however, seemed concerned. So she told him to send a team to the top of their control tower to see what happened, and report to her when they were finished.
After the call, she left her quarters in what had once been the Celadon City Gym and got in her car. She had scheduled a meeting for the top executives of Team Rocket, and she had no intention of being late.

“Wow, what happened here,” Morgan was Jason’s assistant, and was very talented for his age. He was the first person that had come to mind to lead the investigation, and of course he would do the job well. Morgan always had a way of finding answers, and that was because he was simply observant.
As Morgan looked around, he saw that the entire roof had been destroyed. The door to the staircase was destroyed as well as the vents, and in some places even the floor was caved in. Also, next to the demolished staircase entrance lay the two men who had been here the night before. Written in spray paint to the right of them were the words ‘Team Slack Was Here’.
“Well that’s interesting,” flatly stated Morgan. He reached for the cell phone at his belt and dialed.
“Ever heard of Team Slack?” Morgan said when Jason picked up the phone.
“Team Slack?” asked Jason. “As a matter of fact I have. A few years back my team and I were studying fossils. One night we left the laboratory, and while we were gone a thief came in and stole our Dome Fossil. When I came in the next morning in its place was a note saying, ‘Courtesy of Team Slack.’ Why do you ask?”
“Apparently they are responsible for last nights incident.”
“Hmm, I’ll contact the boss. You can report that, and set up some guards around all the important buildings. Have it done by eleven; they are scheduled to do something at twelve.”
“I take it we aren’t leaving the city?”
“Of course not! Team Rocket does not respond to threats of their nature!”
“All right then.” Morgan put the phone back on his belt and started barking orders.

“Yes we have been planning to invade Saffron for a long time, but I still don’t think we’re ready,” remarked one of Team Rocket’s top executives. “Think about it. The place was already crawling with police and security, then they upped it because of our Silph take over, and then they upped it again when we took over Celadon. This won’t be nearly as easy as it was here.”
“Your worried about police? Police are nothing. They’re trained for specific things and handle them in specific ways. The only trouble we had five years ago was from the local trainers,” replied Rosalyn, with her usual temper, “ and as you know there aren’t even half as many trainers in Saffron as there were in Celadon. Plus, the fighting dojo disbanded. This will be a piece of cake.”
“Maybe your right, but I still would feel better about it if we had more time. When do you want to start?”
“I would like to begin our invasion in a month, no later.”
“Very well. All right it’s time for lunch. I’m going over to the mess hall.”
Rosalyn watched as the other executives in the room left. She began packing up to leave intending to follow, but her cell rang.
“What is it?” she inquired with her annoyance clearly shown.
“It’s noon” said Jason.
“And?”
“Noon is when Team Slack said they’d start causing trouble.”
“Team Slack?”
“Oh, sorry. That is the name of the people who we have evidence for being responsible for last night’s incident”
“Right, well, do whatever seems necessary, I don’t want to be bothered with it.”
“Ok.”
Jason hung up the phone and turned to Morgan.
“Are you ready?”
“Of course” replied Morgan.
“Then please proceed.”
Morgan walked out of the communications room followed by fifteen grunts. When they got outside he said to them, “You five go that way, you five go that way, and the rest of you are with me. Comb the base, it’s been fifteen minutes since twelve so they should be here if yesterday wasn’t a hoax.”

The first five grunts rounded the corner of the street they were on. None of them were nervous. They hadn’t even drawn a pokeball from their belt yet, a mistake that was about to cost them dearly.
“So where is this Team Slack?” one of them asked with boredom.
“Nobody knows, we wouldn’t be out here if we knew dumby” replied another. As he said this, an Arcanine leapt from behind a dumpster on their right. The two nearest it had no time to reach to their belt for a ball before they were engulfed in flames. Before the others saw it, the Arcanine disappeared in an alley across the street.
“What was that?” fearfully questioned one of the remaining grunts. One of the grunts next to him looked at the ground and said, “What’s that?” A moment later a gigantic Steelix erupted from the ground and threw the two Rockets who had just spoken twenty feet into the air. They couldn’t have landed pleasantly. The final grunt grabbed his six pokeballs and threw them in front of the Steelix. All six were Raticate.
The Steelix charged forward and from their behind the Arcanine reappeared. All six Raticate were Knocked out before they could make a single attack. The Grunt had already started running. He dialed his cell phone and yelled in Morgan’s ear, “ Morgan! I’ve lost all my pokemon and the other four members of my team! I need help. I’m running dow---” Morgan never heard the end of the sentence. He looked at the five grunts who were with him and said, “Get out your Pokemon.” He ran down the street with the five grunts and all their pokemon tailing him.

“Wow, you never see how dirty alleys are until yer in ‘em” stated one of the grunts in the second team.
“Oh be quiet,” retorted one of his partners. Looking down on them from above stood two pokemon, each taller than a human. One of the grunts looked up as they turned from the roof top.
“What was that?” he asked. They all picked a pokeball from their belts. Then, unexpectedly from behind, one of the two pokemon jumped down among the trash. The grunts had never seen a Slaking get up off the floor before. They all sent out the pokemon they had in their hands, two Golbats, two Raticate and a Mightyena. The Slaking reached forward with it’s paw and knocked the two Golbat out of the air as they rushed towards him. The Raticates scurried across the ground towards it, fangs bared, but were electricuted before they got close. The grunts turned around behind them and saw an Ampharos glaring them in the face. The Mightyena whined as it was thrown through the wall of one of the buildings nearby.
The grunts shouted and sent out countless other pokemon of the same sort, but to no avail.

Morgan stared down at the grunts who had been a part of the first team. He noticed the ground had been erupted, and there were scorch marks everywhere. He picked up his cell and dialed.
“Jason, I’ve already lost two thirds of my team,” he said without masking his horror.
“What!?” exclaimed Jason.
“I said I’ve already lost most of my team, dimwit! What should I do!”
“Get out of there, grunts are obviously no match, we’ll send in some---”
“Hold on.” Morgan had heard something. He looked at the members of his squad and motioned them to duck down. He edged towards the dumpster to their right and drew a pokeball from his belt. Silently he threw it towards the dumpster.
“Go Manectric!” he shouted. The electric dog exploded from his pokeball. The noise caused the Arcanine to again emerge. It immediately attacked the Manectric.
“Use thunder!” The Manectric did as it was told, but the Arcanine dodged the attack with ease, responded with what Morgan noticed to be a Fire Blast. Unconscious, the Manectic fell at the feet of the Arcanine.
“What are you waiting for, get that Arcanine!” shouted Morgan at the grunts. The grunts produced many Golbats and Raticates from their pokeballs. The Arcanine was outnumbered thirty to one. It was then that the ground began to shake. It started soft and soon grew to the point where the humans could no longer stand. The Arcanine jumped thirty feet into the air to the top of the nearest building, disappearing from view. Morgan thought he heard the faint sound of a pokemon being recalled into its pokeball.
The shaking grew harder, and cracks began to open up in the street under the Raticates. Their owners watched in horror as they fell into the chasm. When the Raticates fell in, a Steelix stretched out from the ground where they had been a moment ago. With one sweep of it’s tail it knocked the Golbats out of the air. It turned to the grunts and bellowed.
“Run!” shouted the formost grunt. He did not get far. An Arbok slithered out from behind a building. The grunt was suddenly barraged with a hundred poison needles.
The Steelix rolled across the ground towards the remaining grunts who scrambled for entry into the nearest house. The Arbok followed them in.
Morgan watched and a moment later the Arbok reemerged. The Steelix and Arbok them turned red and vanished. From around the building two men who couldn’t have been older than twenty rounded the corner. One of them said to Morgan, “Hello, we’re Team Slack.”

Team Slack Tribute: Chapter 2
Morgan looked at the two men in front of him. They didn’t seem very threatening. They were wearing brown t-shirts over black long-sleeved shirts. Under there left shoulder was a patch in the shape of an ‘S’.
“Why did you people not leave when we asked you to?” inquired one of them. His hair was longer than the other’s, and dark brown.
“Team Rocket does not run from threats,” answered Morgan.
“That is not very wise,” said the other. His hair was blonde, and cut short.
“You guys think you have accomplished anything by defeating grunts? Our executives will stop you; you have no idea the power our pokemon have.”
“If they are anything like your Manectric than we shouldn’t have a problem,” the first one said.
“That is not my only pokemon.” Morgan was starting to get nervous, he knew he couldn’t beat to people. He looked down at his left hand and realized the phone had been on the entire time. Jason would send someone up to help. He might even come himself.
“Well in that case, let’s see some more,” said the blonde. He reached to his belt and pulled off a pokeball. He threw it in front of him and the Arbok came out.
“Very well,” agreed Morgan. He would try to stall them until help arrived, which couldn’t be to long.
“Go Scizor!” Morgan had had his Scizor for a long time. It was the pokemon he had put the most training into. If any pokemon could defeat those belonging to the two men in front of him, it was Scizor.
“Arbok use glare,” ordered the blonde. The Arbok’s eyes began to glow, and Scizor instinctively turned away.
“Now, wrap attack!” he suddenly shouted. Morgan wasn’t prepared for the sudden order, and the Arbok was upon his Scizor before it had a chance to turn it’s head.

“Are you telling me fifteen of our grunts and an executive couldn’t defeat a couple of pokemon?” asked Rosalyn. She now knew that she would have to take over for Jason; he wasn’t capable of getting rid of ‘Team Slack’ quickly enough. “I’m coming over there, and I want you to go out there, and take some other executives with you.”
“I’ll do that,” replied Jason. She could tell he wasn’t happy with that order, but she didn’t care.

Morgan’s Scizor managed to brake free of Arbok, but nor before taking significant damage.
“Scizor, use metal claw!” Morgan shouted. Scizor lurched forward with his remaining speed and swiped at the Arbok. The Arbok tried to dodge, but caught a lot of the attack in the back of it’s head.
“Arbok, let’s wrap this up, hyper beam.” The blonde’s voice calm, he knew he had one. Morgan watched as his Scizor was blown off the road by the hyper beam. He returned it to it’s ball.
I never have been very good at this. He thought to himself.
“You got anything else? Or is that all?” inquired the brunette.
“Um, yes... I’ve got---” Morgan didn’t need to finish his sentence. He heard the mournful call of Jason’s dragonite. The cavalry had arrived. The two men heard it also. The brunette turned to Morgan and said, “Now that we have shown you some of our capabilities, we will give you one last chance to leave. We’ll be back at midnight.”
The two men disappeared into one of the buildings just as Jason riding on his Dragonite came flying over from the direction of the communications center. He landed next to Morgan.
“Where did they go?” he asked.
“They went in that building, I’m sure they went out the back,” Morgan answered.
“Where are all the grunts?”
“One is over there, I think he’s still alive, maybe a little poisoned. Four more are in that building. I don’t know where the first five I sent here ended up.”
Morgan and Jason searched around for a while. They found the first five tied up in the dumpster, two of which had third degree burns, and all were unconscious... hopefully. They went into the building where the four had fled. They found them sprawled across the floor; they were still breathing.
Jason and Morgan searched the base for the second set of five. They found them severely beaten up in an alley way. They didn’t look very good.

“They’ll be back at midnight, eh?” asked Rosalyn. She looked away from Morgan and Jason. “You saw two of them, Morgan?”
“Yes.”
“What did they look like?”
“They were both taller than me. They seemed to be in their early twenties.”
“Do you know what got the ones in the alley way?”
“They all seemed to have been electrocuted; two of them had also been mauled.”
“How many grunts out of the fifteen did we lose today?”
“Four, and three others are in a coma,” said Jason.
“Hmm...” Rosalyn thought for a moment. She wasn’t intimidated, and the thought of leaving didn’t even cross her mind. “Increase the security around our main base and the communications building. Get all our executives with any skill for Pokemon ready and walking the base in pairs. I’ll be in my quarters.”
“I assume we’ll be sending some guards over there as well,” said Jason.
“No, don’t bother.”
“But---”
“No! I don’t need any security. Now get ready.” Rosalyn left the room. Jason looked at Morgan.
“How much of their pokemon did you see?” he asked.
“The two I saw have at least an Arcanine, a Steelix, and an Arbok, all of which have been trained well.”
“Were those two over on that street the whole time your grunts were out there?”
“I believe so, I arrived there right after I received a call from one of my grunts.”
“That means there’s probably at least one more of them out there.”

Michael stood outside the building he recognized as once being the Celadon City Gym. It had been a long time since he’d been in there, and he assumed Team Rocket had messed it up. Standing next to him was one of his four friends, Andrew.
“Twenty minutes ‘til midnight. Keith and Stanley are ready,” Andrew said.
“Well we’ll wait until midnight, as we promised,” replied Michael.
“But we know they aren’t going to leave, why not just start?”
“Because we said we’d come at midnight.”
“If you say so.”

Keith looked out from the window he was perched behind, which looked over all of Team Rocket’s base. Stanley was sitting on an old couch behind him.
“Funny how many of the old building Team Rocket doesn’t use and let’s rot,” Stanley stated.
“Yes, did Andrew tell you how many of the buildings in this town out of fifty seven they are actually using?” questioned Keith.
“No.”
“Twenty-three, but all the houses seem to be occupied.” They sat there silently for a while longer, until Stanley said, “Thirty seconds to midnight. We’d best get down there.”
“Very well.”

On the second Andrew’s watch struck twelve, he and Michael kicked open the doors to Celadon’s Gym. It was dark inside, and they had to fumble around rather clumsily to find the switch. It turned on by itself.
“Switch is over here boys,” a woman said. She stood at the other end of the room, and stared at them with a smirk.
“You guys didn’t leave,” said Michael.
“We try to respond lightly to threats.” Michael heard a board creak above him. Someone or something was in the rafters. He gave no sign he knew it was there.
Andrew’s hand moved towards his belt. Michael could see that Andrew hadn’t heard the noise. With a cry, the Salamence flew down from the ceiling towards Andrew, letting loose a powerful jet of flames. Michael grabbed a pokeball from his belt and threw it at the Salamence while shouting, “Duck!”
Andrew was able to jump out of the just in time before the wooded floor of the Gym burst into flames. Michael’s pokemon leapt from it’s ball and slammed into Salamence’s side. The Salamence flew into the wall, breaking it, and looked up. Michael’s Kabutops stared back at him.

Keith looked towards the Celadon City Game Corner, the one building in town that Team Rocket had not changed or let rot. He walked towards it, with the knowledge of Stanley’s presence on the other side.

“Sweet! All sevens!” rejoiced a Rocket grunt.
“Yeah, yeah I bet you cheated. You got a jackpot last week also,” said one of the grunts nearby.
“How do you cheat with a slot machine?”
“Uh, magnets?” As he said this, the wall to his left exploded, and the slot machine that had been propped there flew away from the wall, hitting a grunt playing pool.
“What in the---” he said stepping back. Then he saw the Slaking step into the room threw the hole in the wall. Many grunts pulled pokeballs off their belts. The Slaking started towards them, sending slot machines and card tables flying with it’s powerful arms. The grunts let loose their barrage of pokeballs. Most of the pokemon inside were Raticate and Golbat.
The room was now full of the small adversaries. The Slaking began to loose control as it was swarmed and bitten. Then, with an explosion from the other end of the room, came an Ampharos. With one jolt of electricity all the Golbats fell to the floor. Now the Slaking had the floor again.

“Salamence hyper beam!” shouted Rosalyn. She knew she was losing, and her Salamence had not landed a single hit on the Kabutops.
“Kabutops, ancient power!” ordered Michael. The Kabutops jumped into the air, dodging the hyper beam, and came down next to the Salamance. The Kabutops drove it’s scythes into the ground, causing a huge tremor. The Salamence roared and fell to the ground unconscious.
Rosalyn simply returned her Salamence to it’s pokeball. Andrew and Michael looked at her, and she could tell they were about to say something. She beat them to it.
“You won’t beat me that easy.” As she said this she ducked to the ground. She then pressed a button on a remote she had in her hand. A thousand tiny lights flew across the room towards Michael and Andrew. They managed to get down in time, but the wall behind was filled with tiny holes. When they got back up again Rosalyn had escaped out the back door.

Jason had been out back waiting for Rosalyn. He knew she was in over her head. She saw him and jumped into the jeep.
“Drive!” she ordered, and so he did. Looking into the review mirror he saw a Kabutops burst open the wall Rosalyn had come through, and start running at him. It was closely followed by an Arcanine. He looked nervously at his speedometer. He knew he’d be lucky if he could outrun them. He turned around to Morgan, who was in the back seat and said, “Get your rockets ready.”

“Wasn’t there supposed to be trouble? It’s almost twenty minutes past midnight,” wondered an executive of Team Rocket. Jason had told him and three others to patrol the streets, and that there would be dangerous men about.
“I thought so, but I guess it was a hoax,” replied another. They were walking past the Game Corner. The first one looked at it and exclaimed, “Who put that giant hole in the Game Corner!”
The four of them rushed inside. They found many grunts and their pokemon strewn across the floor. There were broken slot machines and poker chips everywhere.
“What happened here...” asked one of the other two executives in dismay. The four of them walked outside, and the first one picked up his cell phone, dialing Jason. Halfway through the number sequence, his phone exploded in his hand. He looked up and saw an Ampharos looking down on him from the roof of the Game Corner. He heard a cry and looked to his left. One of the executives from his team went soaring through the air after being hit in the back by a Slaking. He reached to his belt and pulled off all six of his pokemon, while watching the executive to his right do the same.

The Ampharos and Slaking looked with curiosity at the twelve pokemon in front of them. They would have attacked, but they heard something coming. So instead they withdrew into the Game Corner and proceeded out the back while the stupefied executives watched on.

“Round this corner!” shouted Rosalyn. The Arcanine was practically sitting on their tailgate. The Kabutops was jumping from one wall of the various alleys they went down to another. It was almost directly above them. She felt it would jump onto the jeep in any second.
Flames exploded from the Arcanine’s mouth as they drove out from the alley. They were driving strait past the Game Corner. As Rosalyn looked to her left as they passed by and saw three executives with twelve powerful pokemon sitting idly in front of them. She called out to them as they passed.
“Get off your rears and help us out!” The executives saw the Arcanine and Kabutops. They ordered their pokemon to attack, but they were not even half as fast. The two pokemon continued to pursue the jeep.

While the executives were distracted the Ampharos and Slaking turned around the side of Game Corner. The Ampharos used thunder and the Slacking used hyper beam, leveling nine of the twelve pokemon. That left the executives with a Ninetales, a Tyranitar, and a Rhydon, more than enough to beat their two adversaries.

The Steelix listened as it tunneled under the ground. It heard the cry of an Ampharos as it was knocked out, and it could feel the earth shake from an earthquake attack. It knew it was under a pokemon battle, so it tunneled upwards.

The executives watched in horrow as a Steelix erupted from the ground under the feet of their Rhydon and Tyranitar. The Rhydon crashed into a nearby building, but the Tyranitar landed almost uninjured next to the Slaking. The two began to duke it out.

The Ninetales looked at the Steelix as it waited for it’s master to give the order. When he shouted, “Flamethrower!” it opened it’s mouth and engulfed the giant snake in flames. When the smoke cleared the Steelix was no longer there. It looked around frantically until the ground broke beneath it’s feet. The fissure attack knocked it out in one hit.

Team Slack Tribute: Chapter 3

“Is that rocket launcher ready yet!” Jason yelled to the back seat. When he turned backwards he saw morgan stretched across the seat; his hair and clothes were singed.
“Oh great,” he said, mostly to himself.
“Got a plan B?” Rosalyn asked.
“Um, no.” The Arcanine was still right behind them, but Jason had lost view of the Kabutops.
“Ok, where’s the Kabutops,” said Jason. He wasn’t stupid enough to believe that the ancient monster had given up the chase.
“Turn!” Rosalyn shouted in his ear. The Kabutops had landed directly in front of them. It raised one of it’s four foot long scythes. Jason managed to turn the car, but not before losing their bumper. He was beginning to see the entrance to the long abandoned bike path, which was where Rosalyn had instructed him to go. He looked again behind him at Morgan. He didn’t think he was dead, but he knew he would not regain consciousness in time to help out.
Jason looked at Rosalyn and said, “Take the wheel.”

The Steelix turned it’s giant head towards the executives. Sweating, they stepped back. The third executive noticed he hadn’t used any pokemon yet. He began fumbling to get them off his belt. The first executive looked to his right. His Tyranitar and the Slaking were still fighting. The two pokemon clasped hands, trying to throw the other off balance. Then, the Slaking looked into the Tyranitar’s face and let loose a hyper beam. The Tyranitar fell to the ground. He turned back to the Steelix, which began to come towards him and the other executives.

Jason pushed Morgan to one side of the seat. He picked up the launcher and leveled it at the pursuing Arcanine. With a loud burst, the rocket jetted from the launcher. The Arcanine opened it’s mouth and blew flames on the rocket, which blew up before impact, and so avoided damage.
“Drat!” Jason said. As he said this, the Kabutops jumped up from behind them and landed on the hood. Rosalyn screamed in terror. Jason reached forward, grabbed the steering wheel, and moved it hard to the left. With the sudden change in direction, the Kabutops fell off the hood, but allowed the Arcanine to catch up. It jumped fifteen feet above the car, intending to land on it. Jason lifted the rocket and fired. The Arcanine fell from the air, landing next to the car.
Err, it’s still breathing thought Jason as Rosalyn started the car moving again. Jason looked backwards and saw the fiery hound disappear in a flash of red light.

Keith walked towards the heap of beaten Rocket executives. The Steelix had done a number on them. He turned to look at Stanley, who was seeing to his rather badly injured Ampharos.
“Let’s go,” he said.

The Jeep pulled up against the side of a dock. Team Rocket had made several of these docks after people stopped coming to the bike path. Jason wondered why they were here.
“Why did you say to come here Rosalyn,” he asked, while watching the dazed Kabutops get of the ground about a mile away.
“Our submarines are parked here. I’ve instructed the rest of Team Rocket’s executives and most of it’s grunts to be ready inside for when we got here. We are going to invade Saffron,” she answered, while racing across the dock. Jason followed with the injured Morgan slung over his shoulder. Rosalyn got into the nearest sub, and obviously the biggest. Jason passed Morgan down to a grunt as he asked, “Why are we going into submarines when Saffron is in the opposite direction and completely surrounded by land?”
“We’re taking the subs to Lavender, then we’ll board the vehicles we’ve brought in the Subs down to Saffron, and go into it from both ends. It’s not as good as coming out from the middle like we did with Celadon, but it’ll do.”
“Tea, Slack has driven us out of Celadon, we won’t be attacking from both ends.”
“There are still more men in our first hideout in the Game Corner. Plus, I don’t even think we need them, Saffron is going to be a piece of cake.”
“Not if Team Slack gets involved.”
“Ha! We let them take back Celadon, we don’t need it anymore.” Jason noticed she looked away from him as she said this. He wasn’t so sure she was telling the complete truth.
By this time they were completely inside the sub. Jason looked out one of the port holes and saw the Kabutops destroying his jeep.

When he arrived, Michael saw a fleet of submarines leaving the docks. He watched them for a moment, and then turned around. When he turned, he saw Keith and Stanley coming up behind him on his Steelix. When they got off, Michael returned it to it’s ball.
“It’s your guys’ show now,” Andrew said. Michael’s Kabutops jumped into the water, while Keith and Stanley each opened a pokeball, sending two pokemon to follow after.

Rosalyn stood looking at her minions. She liked having people to command, and she enjoyed her job. She felt she did it better than Geovanni.
“Boss, something bigger than our sub is approaching,” said one of the grunts. She looked out one of her aft portholes. She strained her eyes and eventually saw it.
“Rosalyn, that’s a Wailord!” exclaimed Jason looking out a porthole beside her.
“I know that,” she barked. She dug up some facts about the watery giant in the back of her mind.
“Increase speed by fifty percent! The Wailord is huge, but also slow. We can out run it,” she said, and it worked. The Wailord faded off into the distance. She did not see two mysterious creatures, smaller than their radar detected, easily catching up to the fleet.

Team Slack Tribute: Chapter 4

“Well, they seem to be very resourceful,” stated Jason. Wailords were hard to come by, and if Team Slack had one, well then they were doing a better job at apprehending rare pokemon than Team Rocket. That’s when it hit him. There hadn’t been a single Team Rocket scheme to capture pokemon since Rosalyn had taken command of it. She’d been planning the Saffron invasion for years, and had also sent out many missions to various places around the world to retrieve technology. He would see if things when back to normal after they were done with Saffron, and if they didn’t...
“At least well equipped,” mocked Rosalyn. She turned back to the porthole in time to see a brilliant, rainbow colored flash. She looked closer and saw one of the subs begin to sink.
“What in the...” She continued to look. Hovering above the sinking submarine was long pink creature. She noted a pointed snout, and purple sea shells decorating it.
“It’s a Gorebyss...” she muttered. She turned to her crew. Many of them were looking around in different portholes to find out what had happened.
“Rosalyn, do something!” yelled Jason, as he watched the Gorebyss swim to the next nearest sub.
“Ready the torpedoes!” Rosalyn ordered. Another rainbow flash, which Rosalyn recognized as a psybeam, and another sub went down.
“Fire aft torpedoes, I’m sure you know the target.” Two torpedoes burst from the back of the sub. The Gorebyss noticed them and began soaring through the water to get away. When it realized the torpedoes where following her, she fired a psybeam, a miss.
“Haha!” Rosalyn laughed in triumph. She had stolen the torpedo design from the back in Hoenn from a dock in Slateport. She had thought, and still did, that they were very impressive. Much faster than others she had seen.
There was a sort of thump, and the submarine lost speed. She looked over at Jason, who was trying to organize a way to save the people in the other two subs. He looked up, after hearing the noise, and looked at their speead.
“Why are we losing speed?” he asked. Rosalyn didn’t answer. Not only did she not know, but she was too interested in watching her torpedoes do their work. She wanted to see the majestic fish when it got hit.
“We aren’t getting a response from our left propeller,” said one of the grunts. Rosalyn looked down. She thought she could see something that looked like a propeller drifting slowly down deeper into the water. Then she spotted it.
“That Kabutops is back!” she yelled, to no one in particular. “Fire everything you have at it!”
As she said this, ten torpedoes left the rear of the sub. The Kabutops saw them and began to preform a similar evasion that the Gorebyss was doing. After a couple seconds of chasing, the Kabutops found a moment to use hyper beam, missing.
“Yes!” Rosalyn yelled. Then the Gorebyss and Kabutops began to get smart. One would chase the torpedoes headed towards the other, and fire a beam at one of them. That would destroy it, because the torpedo wouldn’t be changing course. After about two minutes of this, all the torpedoes where destroyed. Rosalyn looked in disbelief.
“All right, time to get involved,” said Jason. He left the room. Rosalyn still stared, not sure what to do next. Another sub went down. She wondered if she had enough men to take Saffron now.
As she watched, she saw a Milotic and a Dragonite emerge from their sub. Both were pokemon belonging to Jason. She hadn’t thought of that. She had pokemon, she should use hers also. She started towards a room with a hatch, then decided better of it. She’d let Jason’s pokemon risk their necks.
She was sure there was something she needed to do, but she couldn’t place her fingers on it. She reviewed what had been happening. Subs went down, torpedoes, propeller cut off...
“Oh no,” she said. She looked at their speed. Half of what it had been when they left the dock. The radar began to beep.
“Do we have anything left?” she asked one of the grunts.
“No, you had me fire everything at the Kabutops,” replied the grunt. He had said it calmly, she guessed he hadn’t figured out what was about to happen. Then, the grunt by the radar noticed what she had already figured out.
“Wailord’s back!”

Jason watched as the Kabutops and his Dragonite fought under the water. His Milotic would easily take out the Gorebyss, there was no need to switch portholes to watch both fights. His Dragonite was doing pretty well also. It was only a matter of time before they would be free to get the other Rocket members off the bottom of the ocean. They had plenty of food and air for weeks anyway, so there was no rush. Team Slack was finally going to be out of their way. He looked out the porthole towards the back of the sub. It didn’t take him long to notice the Wailord.
“No!” he exclaimed. It was swimming strait towards their sub. He got two other pokemon from his belt. He didn’t think they’d do anything more than stall.

Rosalyn saw the Gorebyss and Kabutops swim away, the Dragonite and Milotic then turned towards the Wailord. Two new Gyaridos followed them. She knew they also belonged to Jason. Funny, she thought, how well his pokemon had fit for this mission. He had always preferred water based pokemon over land based.
All four pokemon charged a hyper beam, four hits. But not good ones. The Wailord had used reflect, and then resumed it’s course.
While distracted the other two Slack pokemon returned, firing beams at the attackers. One of the Gyaridos and the Milotic went down. Jason obviously had been ready for this, because she saw them returning to their balls.
The other two pokemon were hit directly from the impact of the Wailord’s reckless charge. They both seemed fine, but Jason returned them none the less.
Rosalyn had no idea what to do. She watched through the porthole as numerous escape pods jettisoned the submarine. She looked around her at the empty seats, and then looked out the front porthole. As she continued to watch the Wailord come closer, she realized she was the only one left on the sub, and that all her plans had been ruined. The Wailord crashed into the sub as she screamed with her fists raised, “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

The escape pods had been originally designed as fighter pods, so, with a direct link to all the other pods, Jason commanded the attack. The pods, which numbered over fifty, swarmed the Wailord. Jason had again released his Dragonite to stall the other two pokemon.
The Wailord bellowed with each hit.
“Deploy the net!” Jason ordered into the microphone. The pods all cam together, then re-spread out with a giant net linked to each pod. They surrounded the Wailord and caught it in the net. Jason turned away, laughing with triumph. He saw their flagship sinking slowly towards the bottom of the ocean. As he looked through one of the portholes in the control room (which by this time was flooded from the impact). He saw Rosalyn floating lifelessly. He diverted his gaze quickly. That visual reminded him there were people who needed to be rescued.
“Pods, get that Wailord back to base. All subs focus on getting the men out off the bottom of the ocean.”

Michael looked out from the helicopter he was flying. His Kabutops and Keith’s Gorebyss were lying on a beach on the coast of Vermillion. Through the flight, neither him nor Stanley had seen any sign of Stanley’s Wailord.
“You guys know where the Wailord is?” he asked Andrew over the phone. Andrew and Keith were on a motor boat, circling the site where Team Rocket had turned back.
“No sign, our sonar shows we sunk three subs though, one of them was the big one,” Andrew replied. Michael wondered where the Wailord could have gone. It was huge creature, and wouldn’t be able to hide anywhere very easily. Not that it would. Stanley took good care of it, and the Wailord loved him.
Michael brought the Helicopter down next to where the two pokemon lay. He returned his Kabutops to its ball, and threw the Gorebyss back into the water. It would revive in a few seconds and swim back to Keith.
“Well I’m going back,” Michael stated, turning to Stanley, “I’m not done with Team Rocket.”
“Ask them if either of them wants to stay out and look some more,” Stanley requested, and so Michael did.
“Keith will, Andrew will bring the boat over here, and you two can switch.”

Sorry this took so much longer than the others, I've been mildly busy.

Team Slack Tribute: Chapter 5

Jason pushed a button under his desk, which signaled the guard to come in.
“What is it sir?” the guard asked.
“Where did they put the Wailord?” Jason wondered.
“They’ve got him in that pond in the center of town.”
“Very good. Go see how Morgan is doing, and then report back to me. On your way out, tell the other guard to go get the candy.”
“Ok sir.”

Morgan sat up in his bed. The last thing he remembered was riding in the back seat of Jason’s jeep trying to put a rocket launcher together. His head began to ache as a guard walked in.
“How are you feeling sir?” inquired the guard.
“I’ve got a bit of a headache, but I think I’m fine. How did we get away from those pokemon?” Morgan answered.
“That’s a bit too long of a story for me to tell sir, I’m sure Jason would be happy to fill you in.”
“Right, could you get me some water?”
“Yes sir.”
“Make sure it’s cold.”

Andrew looked off the top of one of Celadon’s many abandoned buildings. He could tell there were less Rocket members roaming the streets; they’d obviously taken out quite a few. He smirked, knowing more would go. He and Michael were only waiting until nightfall, then they would start attacking again.

“Do you think they’ll be back?” Morgan asked. Jason had just told him the entire story, including Rosalyn’s death.
“Of course, that’s why I had the guard bring the candies in. Our pokemon don’t really measure up to Team Slack’s, so this will be an easy way to prepare them,” answered Jason. He had been collecting rare candies on missions for years, and he thought he had enough now to raise all of his and Morgan’s land-based pokemon to their max.
“What time is it?” Jason asked.
“Six-fifteen.”
“They’ll be here soon. We’d better get the candies going.”

The Celadon mansion had once been a place for honoring the achievements of trainers and their pokemon. Now it housed many of Team Rocket’s lower class grunts. Where computers had once been, were bunks stacked three beds high, covering all the walls on every floor, and filling in the spaces in between. A grunt had once said it looked like an army barracks. There were over one-thousand grunts in this building, sleeping.
One of the grunts was sleeping restlessly. He was easily awakened when the door opened, letting in what looked like a horse-sized dog in the amount of light that was in the room. As he watched it, too sleepy to realize it was about to be the last thing he saw, the creature opened it’s mouth. When it did this, flames came out, engulfing the entire room. Grunts awoke screaming from their beds as they and the mansion caught fire. In a flash, the monster was gone.

“Why are we even hear? Who needs a control tower when there isn’t any aircraft to control?” asked the executive in charge of the control tower.
“Beats me, you’re the boss,” replied a grunt. As he said this, something crawled over the window in front of them.
“What was that?” the grunt asked.
“Beats me,” the executive said. They both leaned towards the glass, hoping to get a better look. The glass suddenly shattered in their faces, and they were knocked to the floor. A Kabutops stared towered over them, scythes raised. They screamed.

“What was that?” asked Morgan. He and Jason were now standing outside the communications center, waiting for Team Slack to show up.
“It sounded like a scream,” said Jason, with a little nervousness.
“You think they’re here already?”
“I bet they are. Let’s go find them.”
They ran around corners, and ducked through alleys, but they couldn’t find any sign of them anywhere, until they reached the grunt housing. They looked up; the building was in flames. Grunts were running about everywhere, and jumping out of windows.
“Oh my---” said Morgan.
“Quick, call the control center and get some fire control down here,” ordered Jason. Something dashed by Jason. He turned quickly, knowing what it was. Reaching to his belt, he pulled off two pokeballs. The pokemon that came out were a Dragonite and a Feraligatr.

The Arcanine that had just past Jason turned around. Two new adversaries stood in front of it. It waited, knowing one of them would soon be too occupied to get involved with his fight against the other. The ground broke beneath the feet of the Feraligatr, and the Arcanine charged towards the Dragonite. The Dragonite soon got into the air, flying over buildings. The Arcanine didn’t have too much trouble following. It simply jumped from building to building in pursuit.
Catching up to the Dragonite, the Arcanine released a stream of flames at it. The Dragonite turned around, and was soon surrounded by them. After a moment, the Arcanine stopped breathing fire. The Dragonite was unharmed, not even burnt. In surprise, it tried again, but this time the Dragonite caught the flames in it’s palms, still taking no damage. Frustrated, the Arcanine leapt forward towards it. The Dragonite kicked it in the face, sending it soaring towards the ground from the top of the building. The Arcanine hit hard, but was still able to get back on it’s feet. It fled into a nearby building. The Dragonite followed.

Jason watched as his Feraligatr was thrown into the air by the Steelix. His Feraligatr landed easily next to the metal-coated snake, and opened up it’s mouth. At Jason’s order, it used a hydro pump on the Steelix. Even though it is resistant to water, it flew backwards, breaking a dumpster with it’s fall. It got up, and ripped a chunk of pavement off the street. The Steelix flung the piece of street at the Feraligatr, which caught it. The Feraligatr ran forward holding it, and when it got to within ten meters of the Steelix, it used hydro pump on the piece of street, sending it crashing into the Steelix’s face. Obviously outclassed, the Steelix slithered back into it’s tunnel.

The Arcanine thought it was safe. It laid down on the carpet of one of the building for a breather. After it lay there for a few minutes, the door exploded as a hyper beam was fired through the building. The Arcanine could tell it was a blind shot, the Dragonite must be trying to drive it out of wherever it was hiding. Knowing this, it continued to stay where it was.

The Steelix’s first instinct was to return to it’s trainer. It continued down the tunnel at a pretty decent speed for an injured pokemon. It began to notice it was getting harder to keep control of it’s speed. It spun his head to look below it, finding that the tunnel was half filled with water. After evolving into a Steelix, it had lost it’s weakness to water, but it still coudn’t breath in water. It sped up as fast as it could, hoping to reach the other side before the water became too deep.

Watching from above, the Kabutops saw a Dragonite flying between building, firing a hyper beam into them about once every ten seconds. The Kabutops had seen the Arcanine dart in and out of buildings until it had come to a place to hide. The Dragonite would never find it this way, and it was putting itself into a very vulnerable position. The Kabutops simply waited until it was about to pass down the street it was on, and then he jumped.
The Kabutops landed on the Dragonite’s back. As the Dragonite bellowed in surprise, the Kabutops began hitting the side of its head with the blunt corner of it’s scythe. The Dragonite flipped around to face the Kabutops and let loose an ice beam. The Kabutops broke the ice off, and jumped to the ground, allowing the Dragonite to fly around the corner.
The Kabutops did not have long to wait before he saw the Dragonite again. It came crashing through a building, using it’s momentum to land a very painful punch on Kabutops. The Kabutops stepped back, and then used hydro pump on the ground, sending it flying into the air. The Dragonite followed after. As the Dragonite got closer, the Kabutops dove down, spinning right before jumping off the Dragonite’s face. This made the Dragonite more than a little mad. It opened it’s mouth and charged a hyper beam as the Kabutops began to fall. Then, still charging it, the Dragonite flew down after the Kabutops at full speed, grabbed it’s neck, and threw the Kabutops back into the air. While it was still close enough, the Dragonite released the hyper beam at point blank range. The Kabutops soared across Celadon, landing hard into some hills nearby.

Morgan saw the Kabutops passing him overhead. Knowing it was not too injured to come back, he opened a pokeball and sent the pokemon that came out after the Kabutops.

The Arcanine felt a rumble under it. A little startled, it got to it’s feet. The Steelix’s head came out under the Arcanine, and with it on it’s head it raced out of the building. The water from the tunnel came out in a tidal wave after them. The Feraligatr followed, still releasing water from it’s mouth.
Buildings crashed around the two pokemon as they fled. It was all the Steelix could do to avoid having one land on it. The Dragonite saw them from above and came down on the Steelix’s back. It used a flamethrower, engulfing both the Steelix and the Arcanine. Although the Steelix could no longer move, the Arcanine came out of the flames stronger. The water died down, and the Arcanine stared at the amphibious dragon.

After having passed out for a short while, the Kabutops stumbled to get up, and began to walk back towards Celadon. As it walked down what might have been a trail, the Kabutops thought it saw something moving fast to it’s right. It looked around, not knowing whether to continue or brace for an attack. Before it could decide, it was suddenly in a headlock. He could see the arm of it’s assailant: red, ending in a pincer. The pokemon behind him swung around, lifting the Kabutops into the air, and bringing it back down to the Earth hard. It got up quickly, now able to see it’s opponent. It was a Scizor. The Scizor raced towards it.The Kabutops swung it’s scythe at the Scizor, who easily dodged due to having much more energy left than the Kabutops. It thrust it’s pincer hard into the stomach of the Kabutops, who fell to the ground, seemingly unconscious.

The Kabutops began to think. It wanted to get up, but it was having a hard time doing it. It had never been so utterly defeated in it’s life, which was a lot to say. The Kabutops had had two lives actually. Millennia before, the Kabutops had been a Kabuto. It had gone through it’s life on top, as it did now. One day, a meteor had hit the Earth, which was had been the end of his race. A few years back, the Kabuto woke up in a laboratory with a weird looking creature staring back at him. Unknown to the Kabuto, that creature was now the dominant species of the planet. The creature picked it up and gave it to a similar creature standing nearby. That creature was Michael.
As time went by, the Kabuto began to grow accustomed to it’s trainer. It was built up, and after a year had passed by, it had evolved.
Michael had trained Kabutops how to battle on it’s own, as had the trainers of all Team Slack don to their pokemon. Many times had Michael explained to Kabutops what they were training for, and when they needed to strike. The Kabutops had been more ready for this than any other pokemon Team Slack had. So why was it losing?
The Kabutops felt the rock break as it was thrown against a boulder. The Kabutops managed to find the strength to get up, and stand straight. Michael had resurrected it, and trained it. Now it had it’s mission, and it would not let it’s trainer down.

Team Slack Tribute: Chapter 6

The Dragonite rushed forward towards the Arcanine. Before the Dragonite came within five feet of the Arcanine, it was surrounded with flames. Of course, being resistant to fire, the Dragonite wasn’t really injured, but it unable to see the Arcanine use the few seconds where the Dragonite was blind to run off. The Dragonite soon recovered and began to search through the streets for the Arcanine.

The Kabutops got on it’s feet only to be instantly smacked down again by the Scizor. The Kabutops swung it’s left foot under the Scizor, tripping it long enough to get up. As the Scizor got back up, the Kabutops flung it’s elbow down into the Scizor, using it’s entire weight. When they hit the floor the ground cracked beneath the Scizor. The Kabutops opened it’s mouth near the Scizor’s stomach and let loose a hyper beam. The continual rush of energy pushed the Scizor deeper and deeper into the ground. After the Scizor was a good fifteen feet under, the Kabutops thrust it’s scythes into the sides of the hole and used ancient power. The hole came down on the Scizor, burying it. The Kabutops looked up, and lunged at full speed towards Celadon.

The Dragonite was tired of racing down streets. It now started leveling building to find the Arcanine. The Feraligatr was walking on the streets below the Dragonite, also blowing up everything in it’s path.

By this time the Arcanine was getting rather scared. The Dragonite was resistant to it, and the Feraligatr had it’s weakness. There was no way it could take them alone. It ran out of the building it was in, fleeing from the abandoned section of town, towards the Game Corner.

The Kabutops was now on the edge of town. He stood on a hill, watching the Dragonite and Feraligatr destroying the town looking for the Arcanine. Far off at the lake, the Kabutops saw a motor boat docked against the shore and two figures walking away from it. The Kabutops raced towards the town, knowing reinforcements had arrived.

Morgan could see the Kabutops running at the Dragonite. The Kabutops was clearly injured, and the Arcanine had already left. Two on one were clearly enough odds to beat the Kabutops, but Morgan wanted to really beat it up. He opened a pokeball, releasing a Flygon. Morgan ordered it after the Kabutops, then got in a car to find out what had happened to his Scizor.

As the Dragonite passed a building, the Kabutops crashed through the side of it. The Kabutops rammed into the Dragonite, sending them both through the building at their right. The Kabutops continued to push the Dragonite through the building until the Flygon came up through the floor. It grabbed the Kabutops and flew upwards with him. When they were out of the building, it threw the Kabutops at the ground. It never hit the floor. The Feraligatr used hydro pump, blasting the Kabutops through several buildings. The Kabutops landed, and the Feraligatr came up next to it, and was about to crush it’s head. As the Feraligatr’s foot fell, it suddenly found itself forty feet in the air. The Slaking picked the Kabutops up off the floor, and used the hyper potion that Keith had given it on the Kabutops. With new energy, the Kabutops raced after the two dragons.

The Ampharos saw the Feraligatr flying into the air. It used thunder, sending an enormous bolt of electricity from the air down into the blue alligator. It screamed briefly, then fell to the ground, unconscious.

The Kabutops leapt from building to building pursued by the dragons. The Dragonite came out of the floor as the Flygon came down from above. The Kabutops spun, smashing them both with it’s scythes. It caught the Dragonite as it hit the floor, and threw it into the the Flygon. It used hyper beam on the two dragons and sent them farther and farther into the air. When the Kabutops stopped releasing energy, the Slaking started, sending the two beasts back the way they had came. The Kabutops then used hyper beam, then the Slaking, and it continued like this until they couldn’t use hyper beam anymore. The dragons fell to the ground, long since knocked out.

The Arcanine turned the corner around the Game Corner. There, he saw the Wailord.

Team Slack Tribute: Chapter 7

Jason was sitting on an overturned fishing boat with a large cardboard box in his lap. When he saw the Arcanine turning the corner he smiled.
“Nice to see you, I was hoping I’d have a witness,” said Jason. The Arcanine stared past him into the pond, where Stanley’s wailord was practically beached.
“Don’t feel like talking? Would you care for a treat?” As he said this, Jason pick three small objects out of his box and threw them at the feet of the Arcanine.
“They’re called rare candies. Each one raises the consumers level by one for every one eaten. Go ahead, eat them. I’ve got about a thousand in this box. That’s a lot left over. I’ve been collecting them for years. I must have used four-hundred on Morgan and my pokemon.” Jason’s voice trailed off as he said this. The Arcanine sniffed at the rare candies, but did not consume them. It took a step towards Jason.
All of a sudden, Jason started shoveling rare candies into his mouth. The Arcanine wasn’t sure what to do. It simply ran around the other side of Jason, towards the fence around the pond.
“Leaving so soon?” asked Jason as he finished eating. Jason got up, and when he did he started getting bigger. All his muscles grew, it looked to the Arcanine like he was about to burst from his clothes. Jason walked towards the Arcanine.
“No one has ever tried this before, although I don’t know why. Why should pokemon have all the fun?” Jason reached forward and grabbed the Arcanine by the tail. He then threw the Arcanine over the fence, into the pool.
“Hee hee hee.”

The Kabutops, Slaking, and Ampharos ran out of the abandoned area of town after where the Arcanine had fled. The Kabutops could see Morgan’s car returning from the hills. It pointed it’s scythe in the direction of the car, and the Ampharos ran there.

Morgan had not been able to find his Scizor. He wondered what could have happened to it, or where it could have gone. Oh well, he had other good pokemon now. The rare candies had made all his monsters strong, and made some evolve.
He could see Celadon clearly now. It would be less than two minutes before he’d be back and ready to help Jason. Out of nowhere, his car stopped, and it wouldn’t start again. He fumbled with it for a few seconds, until he realized he wasn’t alone. He turned to his left and saw an Ampharos feeding electricity into his car.
“Rotten luck I’ve had this week.” Those were the last sounds he would make.

The members of Team Slack stopped for a moment as a pillar of light appeared in the distance. They recognized it as Ampharos’ mega-thunder bolt. After a moment, they continued running towards the center of town.

The Arcanine had gotten out of the water and tried to fight Jason. The Arcanine had never fought a trainer before, and he had always imagined them as weaker than any other pokemon. The rare candies must have been as powerful as Jason had said. The Arcanine used overheat on jason, but all it did was burn away his shirt. It tried using extreme speed to out-speed him, but Jason was faster as well.

Jason punched the Arcanine in the face, sending it whimpering into the pond’s fence. As he did this, he heard something coming from behind him. He turned just in time to catch the Kabutops’ scythe in his hand’s. Jason did a back flip, swinging the Kabutops over his head, and came down on it’s face.
“Ha ha ha! There is nothing that can stop me!” exclaimed Jason in triumph.
The Slaking came up to him and used mega punch. Jason caught the Slaking’s fist in one palm, and squeezed hard. Slaking shivered in pain, but let loose a hyper beam in Jason’s face. When the smoke cleared, Jason stood staring at the Slaking with a smile.
“I truly am invincible.” After saying this, Jason ate every other rare candy in his box. His clothes ripped as his muscles expanded.
All three pokemon got up and attacked Jason. With a single swipe of his hand they fell to the ground.

Keith turned the corner, followed closely by the other Slack members. He saw his pokemon and that of his friends on the ground. Deciding it was time to use his best pokemon, he threw a pokeball towards the battle.

The pokeball opened right next to Jason. Out of it came a Snorlax, the biggest and fattest Jason had ever seen.
“Snorlax! Dynamic punch!” yelled Keith. The Snorlax did this, and with some difficulty jason deflected it. Jason followed up with an uppercut, but his fist simply ricochetted off Snorlax’s chin. The Snorlax reached forward and caught Jason by the arms. Then he simply fell over on him. For a second, everyone thought Jason was a goner, but the Snorlax was thrown into the air. It landed two meters in front of Jason. Jason leapt forward with his right arm to punch the Snorlax, but the Kabutops got up and slashed with it’s scythe.
“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaug!” Jason screamed. He stumbled back clutching his shoulder.

Michael stepped forward towards Jason.
“We gave you people a lot of warning. I will give you one last chance to leave,” he said. All Jason could do was stare at his shoulder. He then realized Team Rocket was over. They had lost Celadon, lost their submarines, and a good two thirds of their grunts. Why did they lose to a group of four teenagers? Were they too arrogant? Had they not prepared enough? Where was morgan?

Michael watched as Jason got up, and with the only arm he had left, he dialed his cell phone.
“We’re beat boys, move out.”

Back