Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team StormRiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar Latias

Hey everyone! This story actually starts off with a human instead of a Pokemon but I think that adds a bit more interest to it. It's about a newly arrived Pikachu and her adventures in the Pokemon world.
As tough times approach, so do new friends and rivals. The legend will be told and new secrets will follow. I'm looking forward to any reviews but mostly i just hope you like the story. So without further ado, let the fanfic begin.

Team Stormriders Summary:
For those of you who don't know, my story is set in an entirely different world populated only by Pokemon.

The lead character was a girl, now transformed into a Pikachu named Zanna. Her trusty Pokemon partner is Jarre, a Torchic with a troubled past.

Zanna doesn't know why she was brought to the world or how she got there. But she does know that she used to be a human.

Apparently at the same time, a terrible pure evil Pokemon called Deoxys is terrorizing the world.
While the rest of the Pokemon world rallies armies and rescuers to fight him off,
Zanna embarks on a journey to discover who she really is and what will happen if Deoxys isn't stopped.

With the story full of evil, good, war, romance and secrets, you can bet this will be the journey of a lifetime.

After all, destiny is only the beginning...

*Also note this is a PG-13+ fan fic, I'll see how it goes.
May contain some violence, coarse language and romance.

*All reviews and comments appreciated*

Banners: New banners coming soon

Character Summaries:

Name: Zanna
Species: Pikachu
Appearance: Looks like a normal Pikachu except for a glowing, white circle on her tail. Wears a mysterious pure-white ribbon given to her by Rye. The engravings on the side must have some meaning, but are yet unknown. She is slightly smaller than the average Pikachu her age.
Personality: She's really very caring and lighthearted. She can be quite sarcastic at times, and more than a little moody, but has a fiery spirit and won't easily give up. Loyal to those around her, she strives to do her best.
History: Not much is known about her history, except that she used to be a human. But of course, the others don't know that yet. She first came into the Pokemon world when Jirachi managed to save her from Deoxys' attack. Since then, she's been training hard, and striving to be a master rescuer.

Name: Jarre
Species: Torchic
Appearance: The same as any Torchic, though his feathers might be considered rather rough and more red than others. Sometimes sports a torn dark red bandanna around his neck; the only symbol from his childhood.
Personality: He's quite the caring Pokemon, usually looking out for others before himself. When he gets angry though, you don't want to mess with him. He has a bad temper, and can be quick to anger. Doesn't trust too easily, but can be swayed. Loyal friend and rescue partner to Zanna.
History: A Torchic with a troubled past, Jarre used to work for the renowned gang leader, Scythe. He has murdered before, but likes to keep his secrets. He joined Scythe after his 'brother', Raze, deserted him. He has since mended his evil ways, and moved to Likera to start a new life.

Name: Rye
Species: Elekid
Appearance: Unlike usual Elekid, Rye has stunning emerald eyes. His mouth is usually set in a straight line.
Personality: Rye's more reserved than others. He keeps his secrets, and others keep theirs. He does not trust easily, but once he's on your side, will be as loyal as the best of them. He doesn't smile often and may appear rather cold at times, but that's just who he is. Calm and collected, Rye can maintain his cool even in the most dire situations. If he's ever heard laughing, it's a miracle.
History: Rye works for a type of 'detective' agency, called the Wingardom Missionary. His father sits as Commander, which puts Rye under a lot of excess stress. He currently cares more for his job than for friends, but since Zanna came to town, he's beginning to be a bit more lighthearted than usual, which has him worried. His main objective now, is to sniff out Raze and Scythe and stop them from ruining the lives of others. Again.

Name: Raze
Species: Taillow
Appearance: A normal Taillow, only with a manic grin on his face and blood red eyes.
Personality: The seemingly smart one of the evil duo, Raze can be very sadistic. He can also let his sarcasm run wild at times. He doesn't like working with Scythe however, and would just LOVE an opportunity to get rid of her. But he sees her as more of a follower than anything, someone who, if need be, can be eliminated.
History: He was like a brother to Jarre in his early days, and the two were almost inseparable. But ever since the 'unfortunate incident' with the gang, Raze deserted Jarre and now works for Deoxys alongside Scythe. Raze only joined Scythe after Jarre had left though, seeing as he wanted nothing to do with the bird ever again. If anyone were to mention Jarre's name to him, I'd don't think they'd be alive to recount the tale.

Name: Scythe
Species: Absol
Appearance: Unlike any other Absol, ever, Scythe is completely pure black, except for her face and tail, of course, which are dark gray.
Personality: Scythe has a wicked reputation. If she gets angry, you'll likely end up dead; or at least badly mangled. She can be sarcastic and has a very moody temper. She's also rather self-centered and cares more for herself than others. Despite working with a bird who loves nothing more than to pick on her.
History: Back in the good old days, Scythe ran a renowned gang called the 'Darkshades'. She was feared and respected. Until Deoxys came to town. She's resented him ever since, but only works for him in return for power. Which she has. If Scythe ever gets too angry, something odd happens and she 'turns'. She goes completely black and is more like a demon than anything. Mostly nothing can stop her in this state, but one drawback is she doesn't remember how she got that power.

Intro: Hanging by a wing

"Zanna! You're early!" exclaimed Mrs. Maple, staring at me with interest.

"Yeah, I know," I said, looking at the ground. "But I just couldn't wait to start the play." Mrs. Maple beamed at me.

"It's so good we have people like you at our school, Zanna. Oh, let me get you a copy of the script. Why don't you have a seat while you're waiting, hmm?" She gestured to a brown oak chair in the corner.

"Thanks," I said, sitting down on the chair. The drama room wasn't exactly what you'd call ‘perfect for a play’, but it did the job. It had a light brown wooden floor, usually dusty, with a small stage at the back.

A few old chairs were scattered around the room, along with some brass instruments and props. The stage curtains were blue and smelt like musk, but we all liked it that way. Last years play was "The Wind in the Willows" and I got cast as a skunk, but I did my best anyway.

One of my lines was: "That is not fair. Should the Swallows stand by, while Frog gets the credit?". But me being me, I got myself all tongue-tied and actually said: "That is not bare. Should the gallows stand high, while hog gets the credit?". I was the laughing stock of the whole school for a month.

I was still deep in thought, when Mrs. Maple reappeared, holding a newly bought script. She smiled at me.

"Here we are then. Now, all you need to do is choose a part you want and go over the lines. If you perform well enough for the part, you might get it at the end of the term."

"Thank you, Mrs. Maple," I said kindly as she handed me the script.

"You're welcome." She smiled warmly at me. "Once everyone else gets here we'll start rehearsal." I flipped through the script, fingers passing over roughly cut edges.

"Okay, thanks," I replied, already engrossed in the first scene.

She disappeared behind the curtains again, probably going into her office. This year’s play was going to be "Romeo and Juliet". I was thinking about trying out for Juliet, but if I mucked up again, I don't know what I'd do. I shook my head, trying to free myself from negative thoughts, but it wasn't working.

Suddenly the door opened and Hawk came in, carrying a heavy bag over his shoulders. "Hey, Zanna. Fancy seeing you here," he said when he noticed me. "I thought after last year, you'd have your head down a toilet!" He raised an eyebrow when I didn't answer.

"What part are you trying out for?" he asked me, sneering. I closed my eyes and breathed in calmly.

"Maybe Juliet," I answered. He grinned at me.

"Juliet, huh? Better not, ‘cause I'm trying out for Romeo." I nearly choked. Hawk trying to get Romeo? I think he'd be better off trying to fly to the moon.

And if we both got our parts, I didn't want him on stage saying he loved me. That’d just be plain horrible! You see, Hawk’s the delinquent at our school, always getting into trouble. But he doesn't look half bad, so all the girls swoon over him. If you ask me, he more or less needs an attitude adjustment.

Today he wore blue jeans and a gray tank top. His brown hair sat almost perfect, which is a change because it usually never does. He has blue eyes, a small nose and a slightly sneering smile. But on good days, it looks like the sun's reflected in his teeth. This wasn't a good day.

"Don't get all hysterical, now," he snapped, glaring at me. "Just because I'll be prince of the play." He smiled menacingly, lowering his eyebrows. "And you'll be the servant." It took all of my strength not to punch him in the stomach. I glared at him. He turned away, walking towards Mrs. Maple's office. "Seeya round, Drama queen!"

"What nerve!" I muttered to myself. "If he gets Romeo, I'm gonna stick to art instead!" But I couldn't back out now. I’d promised my parents the best play ever. It looked like I'd just have to put up with him. I needed to clear my mind. I got out of the chair and opened the door.

A walk was just what I needed right now, or at least somewhere quiet away from Hawk. The rest of the school was almost deserted. No one ever came this early. After all, who likes school? I frowned, trying not to put myself in the "I like school" category, but it's hard when you show up half an hour early.

I walked out of school, across the road to the park. One of my favourite spots was in the park, under a huge oak tree. My best friend, Cody, and I made this our special place last year. And yes, my best friend is a guy. I don't care though. He's great to hang out with and he's always there if I need him.

I found a nice, soft patch of grass below the trunk and flopped down, sighing. I closed my eyes for a second, breathing in the crystal clear, autumn air. When I opened them again, I found a silhouette standing over me, humming to itself. What day is this? Can I not at least get five minutes of peace?

I was just about to tell whoever it was to get lost, when I noticed something. I knew the tune it was humming. I sat up, and when I could see again, I realised it was Cody. He grinned at me, his brown hair blowing in the wind. "Hey, Zanna," He said, sitting down beside me. "How are you this morning?"

I sighed, closing my eyes again. "Not so good."

"Why? What's wrong?" he said. He sounded concerned.

"Oh, you know. Just Hawk again. I mean, if someone doesn't do anything soon, I may have to- Arrrgghh!" I made choking gestures with my hands. Cody laughed, his voice ringing like a song through my ears.

"Think nothing of it, Zanna. We all know he likes you." I stared at him.

"Are you insane?! I already told you a thousand times he doesn't!" Cody stared back coolly.

"Okay, whatever you say." But he raised an eyebrow anyway.

"Although it would make a lot of sense why he wants to try out for Romeo," I said.

Cody almost choked. "He's trying out for Romeo?!"

"Yep," I said. "And that was after I told him I was trying out for Juliet."

"Ah," Cody said slyly. "So he does like you."

"Oh, knock it off!" I said, whacking him over the head with a stick.

"Okay, okay, chill," he said, rubbing his head thoroughly. He was still grinning though. I leaned back against the tree trunk with my arms behind my head. Cody sat beside me, pulling at the grass.

We sat in silence, watching the clouds drift across the sky. "Hey, look. That one looks like you," Cody said suddenly.

"What?" I said, already half asleep.

"The cloud," Cody said again. "It looks a bit like you." I looked to where he was pointing and the strange thing was, it did look like me.

But the cloud suddenly transformed itself, blown by the wind. Now it looked more like a blob. "Awwwww, it changed," Cody said, disappointed. "Weird shape, though," he added. It was. It kind of looked more like a rabbit now. I shrugged off the thought of the cloud.

In the distance, the school bell rang. I didn't realize how late it was. Cody helped me up, then he held his hand outstretched towards me. "Here you go, Zanna. For you." He was holding a small flower. It was light purple, darkening towards the middle. I took the flower and placed it in my hair, behind my ear.

"Thanks, Cody," I said, smiling warmly at him.

"No worries," he said, smiling back. "It's supposed to bring good luck." He turned to go, then winked at me. "Don't worry. Everything will get better soon, I promise." He walked off towards school and I followed close behind.

We parted at the main gate and I walked off towards drama class. Don't get me wrong, I completely trust Cody, but with Hawk in my class I didn't see how things were going to get better. As I entered the room, Hawk greeted me with a wide grin. "Hello, Zanna. Have a seat," he said, patting a chair next to him.

I frowned. His look was giving me the creeps. "Why? What have you done to it?"

"Nothing," he said, still grinning.

"It's okay, Zanna," said a younger girl in year nine called Amy. I looked hard at her face. There was no trace of a lie in her eyes. Sighing heavily, I sat down in the chair.

"Huh, seems okay." But just as I was getting comfortable, one of the legs gave way and I fell on the floor, the hard wood softening my fall. Or rather, it softened me.

Everyone burst out laughing. I swung my eyes around and glared at Hawk. "You really are too easy to fool, Zanna!" he said between laughs. I looked over to Amy.

"I swear I didn't know," she said softly, looking at the floor. I blew a clump of hair out of my eyes and stood up.

Somehow, Cody's words now seemed far away. Life wasn't going to get better and drama certainly wasn't. I grabbed another chair and sat down in the newly formed circle, across from Hawk. See, this was why I like being by myself. No worries, and definitely no people who always make fun of you.

I sneered at Hawk, who smiled back. Just then, Mrs. Maple came in. "Okay, everyone. Let's make a start," she said, clapping her hands before staring around the room. Most faces were already full of boredom, but mine was as fresh as ever. "Seeing as it's such a nice day today, I thought we'd have rehearsal outside. A bit of change in the scenery couldn't hurt, don't you think?"

The whole class cheered and competed with each other to be the first outside. I was the last one to leave. Everyone paired up, ready to exchange lines. I was the only one without a partner. "Oh, Zanna!" said Mrs. Maple when she noticed. "We'll swap second half, okay? Why don't you find something creative to do in the meantime?"

"Okay," I muttered sourly.

I walked back towards the park. Stuff creative things, I'm going to read my lines! I spotted the oak tree and my eyes lit up. Seeing as the play was Romeo and Juliet, I might as well feel like a bird. Once I reached a high branch in the tree, I read my lines out loud to a nearby crow.

The crow stared back blankly, probably wondering what I was saying. I don't know what it was about that stare, but it made me mad. I snapped, "I'm trying as hard as I can, okay? Would you like me to sing a song too?" The crow must have took that as an insult, because it flew out of the tree, curved round, and came back towards me at full force.

I barely dodged it in time. I grabbed hold of a small branch above me to keep myself steady. The crow veered to the left and came in for a second round. I sidestepped it again, but just as I put my foot back on the branch, I slipped. I felt the cool air rush around me, the ground coming closer.

I screamed, but no one seemed to hear. I took one last look at the crow before the world around me darkened. Its red eyes were cold and full of hatred as it landed on a branch and cawed loudly, mocking me...

Re: Team StromRiders

Hm......Well Gem, I didn't see any giant spelling or grammar errors that screamed out at me. And over all this is a pretty interesting fic so far. I love where your going, and something tells me Zanna has a very important role to play. I would say something else, but there's not much for you to improve on really, you have great dialogue and description so far. Keep up the good work. ^^

Erhum

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. This is the 3rd copied fic I have found on this site, you and Scytherwolf should be ashamed. Stealing someone's writing only proves you have no talent yourself. I'm giving you the chance to do the right thing or at least give the real writer credit. ><

Hm......Well Gem, I didn't see any giant spelling or grammar errors that screamed out at me. And over all this is a pretty interesting fic so far. I love where your going, and something tells me Zanna has a very important role to play. I would say something else, but there's not much for you to improve on really, you have great dialogue and description so far. Keep up the good work. ^^
You aren't me-I am Scytherwolf on Pe2k. Want proof? Here ya go:

http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79513

I also have great reason to believe that person posting this story is not Gem. The real author of Team Stormriders has been alerted.

Well, since these are really going no where, except the accusations of stealing from other sites. This is now done.

However, it should be known that the FanFic Thief and the Reporting Hero have the same IP address.

Last edited by a moderator:
to elaborate on the post above: the posters 'scytherwolf', 'lunar latias', 'my little starr' and 'sakura crystal haruno' all have IP addresses that match in their posts on one or more of these 'fic theft' threads.

'mom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back