Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Teched out Gyarados?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwiidragon

I'm thinking of running this for Regionals, but the metagame is like Luxchomp and Cursegar. So I added a tech. Here's the list! Thanks!

Pokemon: 20

4-3 Gyarados SF
1-1 Luxray GL Lv.X
3 Sableye SF
2 Crobat G
1 Relicanth SV
1 Ditto LA
1 Regice LA
1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Unown G

Trainers and Supporters: 32

3 Felicity's Drawing
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Bebe's Search
1 Luxury Ball
2 Pokemon Reversal
2 Expert Belt
2 Warp Point
3 Broken Time-Space
4 Poke Turn
4 Super Scoop Up
3 Pokemon Rescue
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Time-Space Distortion

Energy: 8

1 Fighting Energy
1 Cyclone Energy
2 Warp Energy
4 Call Energy

Strategy: Quickly start to use Impersonate to discard with Regice or Felicity's. Until 3 Magikarp are in the discard pile and do lots of damage with Gyarados.

Claydol is not really essential to the deck right now. I've tried it but Ditto is more important because if you have mirror match, Ditto is used against your opponent's Gyarados. And now can do 120 damage with 4 Magikarp in the discard pile, if any there.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

r3skyline: Why isn't Call Energy good?

Last edited:
That is a good idea for a mirror match, I just can't play a deck without claydol, it keeps the momentum going as well as speed in most decks. I actually just made a gyardos deck last night but I made it without any energies and it seems to be running fine but I've only played about 3 matches so far with it and they were against cursegar and jumpluff. All wins too.

Yep, I'm thinking of adding in Special Darkness Energy for Sableye. The metagame where I live is Cursegar, LuxChomp and Gyarados.

You should come play in the GA Regionals we have a lot of good players to get great experience against, Steven Silverstro and the Florida players are extremely tough but thanks to playing against them I know what will win Nationals and probably Worlds. Sablelock,Luxchomp,Gyrados,Jumpluff and Cursegar should be the top decks at Regionals down here...and yes I'm afraid lol

But your deck looks pretty solid just practice alot against the Metagame. Good Luck!

Whoops I forgot to put I was jk about coming down here lol. Thanks for the good luck I'm gonna need it, I'm from AL and we have about 30 of us planning on making a mark at GA regionals. So give us all the luck and give them the prayers that they don't play against us lol ; )

Last edited:
Your right, but it helps a lot if you get a Magikarp start. I'm thinking about taking out two Call Energy for two Special Darkness Energy.

hey man try to change this up but get the same concept. Maybe just different types of pokes. Lots of ppl are using this deck and it would get messy if you got caught up with a 1on1 same deck challenge in states. Try to shoot for the same concept but different types try to get some pokes that are resis. or are weak. to some of these pokes. Hope this helps.

hey man try to change this up but get the same concept. Maybe just different types of pokes. Lots of ppl are using this deck and it would get messy if you got caught up with a 1on1 same deck challenge in states. Try to shoot for the same concept but different types try to get some pokes that are resis. or are weak. to some of these pokes. Hope this helps.

thats what the ditto is for dude.

Ditto didn't help as much in a mirror match. I saw my friend playing a mirror match without using Ditto and his opponent was using Ditto. He KOed the Ditto easily by bring up Magikarp and using Crobat G 3 times to KO Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back