Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tentacruel DP5 + something totaly random?

berra_gud

well i think it is a really cool pokemon and i have been working with a strategy about it.

I thought of this strategy that uses First of all tentacruel DP5 and Ambipom MT and Deoxys normal form DP5

Here is the strat: you use ambipom to discard their hand or you kick their ***. then if they discard energy (wich they problably will) you use tentacruel to attach the energy to thier pokemon doing damge. then when their pokemon is loaded with damage you send out deoxys and sweep. (you could attach the energy to something like pachi or some other starter just to be mean )

scans for those who dont want to find them by theirself:

Deoxys (Normal Form) LV.50 – Psychic – HP90
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Power: Form Change
You can use this Power once during your turn. Choose a Deoxys from your deck and switch it with this Pokemon (any attached cards, damage counters, Special Conditions, and effects on this Pokemon remain on the newly switched in Pokemon). Then, return this card to your deck and shuffle your deck. This Power can't be used if you already used another Form Change on this turn.

[P][C] Energy Crush: Does 20 damage plus 10 more damage for each of your opponent's Energy in play.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Tentacruel LV.37 – Water – HP90
Stage 1 – evolves from Tentacool

[.] Tentacle Tease: Choose up to 2 Energy cards from your opponent's discard pile, and attach them to your opponent's Pokemon in any way you like. Then, do 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon that had Energy attached, for each Energy card you attached.
[W][C][C] Dangerous Toxin: 60 damage. If Tentacruel has fewer Energy cards attached to it than the Defending Pokemon, the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned and Paralyzed.

Weakness: Lightning (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

hmm, Tentacruel/Deoxys/Ambipom eh? sounds good, but. I would probably go Tentacruel/Deoxys with an Absol start, or anything that has better discard power

Kingdra will just appreciate you discarding their energy for them, then proceed to eat you alive, so you would need something else for Kingdra. It sounds pretty solid other than that though. I think the absol would work pretty well, and would work better against Kingdra because they wouldn't get to choose what to discard, so you could still discard some trainers or pokemon that they need.

I thought about Mr. Mime MT the first time I saw Tentacruel. :rolleyes:

Opponent pokemon will need 3 energy cards attached to it damage Mr. Mime. If boost/scramble/DRE is reprinted, then tentacruel's second attack cost :)water::colorless:colorless 60 damage, poisoned and paralyzed if opponent's pokemon has more energy cards attached on it than tentacruel has) could be payed with 2 or less energy cards, while the defending pokémon will have 3 energy cards attached to it at least, because it had to attack Mr. mime the previous turn. The result is a poisoned paralyzed pokémon, sure paralysis effect. Mr. Mime could also be a secondary strategy to force opponent play a lot of energy (the main one being the azelf lv.X or deoxys to cause big damage).

Tentacruel will be the natural counter to magkiss, due to weakness magmortar has to water. 1HKO. :lol:

ok so what would you suggest that i play then ? like this ? :

4 Absol
3-3 Tentacruel
4 Deoxys
2-2 Claydol

would that do it ? i also think TGM would be nice, making thier setup so much harder.

I suggest something different...

4 Absol
3 - 3 Mime Jr/ Mr. Mime
3 Deoxys
3 - 3 Tentacruel

Moonlight stadium (everybody retreating for free), 3 or 4 of each so it will be drawn often. Roseanne's research instead of TGM.

No claydol... I would use more supporters instead of it. Mime Jr may work as a baltoy in the beginning of the game, if you start without absol. This deck has no Stage 2 pokémon, so just draw cards normally that the pokémon you need will appear.

yeah i know about mismagius but i think deoxys is a better choice. Even Xatu could work. eah Mr mime would be really cool but i think 2 should suffice. what would frosslass be good for? dont se the point..

I'll think about Tentacruel-Palkia X-Gigatina with Absol start when it comes out.

Discard stuff with Absol, throw energy up with Tentacruel and finish up with Gigatina to get completely rid of 5-10 cards of theirs. Should have a mean effect if you manage to pull it out to Something Lv.X.

use tentacruel with the two lanturns for powerful and winner uncommon deck (none rare cards in the deck)

Is a good deck and I do a 19/5 win/loses match - up agaisnt thge popular decks in this season.

Back