Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Terrakion EX, new type of Energy Accel?

Sceptile King

Well as the Title says, does it look like Terrakion EX might be a form of Energy Acceleration for decks that lack it? I'm curious to see what will people come up with. What do you you guys think?
PS: I cant show you a picture of Terrakion cause i am on my phone. :p

Well as the Title says, does it look like Terrakion EX might be a form of Energy Acceleration for decks that lack it? I'm curious to see what will people come up with. What do you you guys think?
PS: I cant show you a picture of Terrakion cause i am on my phone. :p

Its deft a form of acceleration that doesn't require your Pokemon dying to share the energy. How reliable it will be remains to be seen. Seeing that it takes 3 energy to start the acceleration it may not be the best available accel. I also have not seen any Japanese lists that include him.

Well so what if the Japanese don't run any in there decks. They give us cards to make decks, creative ones too.
Though we won't know how useful it is until we get it, however doesn't mean its a bad card

Actually the Japanese do run it in Mewtwo/Terrakion EX/Bouffalant and Mewtwo/Terrakion/Terrakion EX.

It sees play just pair it with Mewtwo or Terrakion or Bouffalant.

I made a decklist that involves Dust Toxin Garbodor with Terrakion EX. Big troll face to Eels, Darkrai or anything with Abilities.

Funny enough. When the set first came out in Japan. The whole Mewtwo EX + Garbodor + Terrakion EX was one of the first creations to show up weeks after. Garbodor was eventually dropped to what is now Mewtwo EX + Terrakion EX variants. Rejecting prizes and knockouts is absolute key to the deck as well utilizing Eviolite, Potion, and/or Super Scoop Up.

It is a better version of Land Crush, IMO. Where Land Crush does 90, Pump Smash does 90+ a 2 energy (maybe 3? I forgot, lol) accel. It lacks Retaliate, but could work if you ask me.

Our current format has lightning-fast setup, so decks that take more than 2 turns to set up generally don't last too long. Once the HGSS supporters are rotated, he'll be a lot more useful.

Didn't we discuss this already? Oh well, once again...

I think it will be good for decks that run half or mostly Fighting Energy. I mean, you can't just throw it it in anything: it needs :)fighting::fighting::colorless:) before it can start accelerating Energy. With the abundance of Fighting Weakness and fact that this can set-up just about any three Energy attacker to work via your manual Energy attachment next turn, it becomes a driving force for many decks.

I don't know which Garchomp only needs one, but I was thinking if you played the one that could do 100 damage for two energy, you could set up three of them in two turns.

Hmm...I guess that is excessive.

With altaria, you can get turn 2 100 for 1 fighting. I don't like to use the second attack because excessively discarding your deck seems bad without jarm to recover stuff.

Funny enough. When the set first came out in Japan. The whole Mewtwo EX + Garbodor + Terrakion EX was one of the first creations to show up weeks after. Garbodor was eventually dropped to what is now Mewtwo EX + Terrakion EX variants. Rejecting prizes and knockouts is absolute key to the deck as well utilizing Eviolite, Potion, and/or Super Scoop Up.

Damn. :eek: Did I just get trolled?

What do you mean?

I believe he is surprised because he recently posted a version of that deck, although he did so not realizing that it was an already-explored concept in Japan. It seems to be a bit of a common idea, with many people (myself included) "coming up" with nearly identical decklists though not having been given the idea from somewhere else, and thinking it was an original idea. I suppose the the phrase, "great minds think alike" would be fitting here.

As well as realizing this is a game by design. Technically, it is R&D's job to come up with all major deck ideas, since if they don't, that makes it more likely they'll miss an overpowered combo. ;)

Back