Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Terrakion EX + Sigilyph( Ability)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile King

I've had this deck idea ever since I saw and read the translation for both of these cards.
I've actually proxied these cards to test them out and I think it's good. I just want to get y'all opinion.

Pokemon: 7
4 Terrakion EX
3 Sigilyph (Ability)

Energy: 15
4 :psychic:
11 :fighting:

T/S/S: 38
2 SSU
2 Energy Search
2 Level Ball
2 Heavy Ball
2 Super Rod
3 Potion
3 + Power
4 Rocky Helmet
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Switch
3 Cheren
3 Professor Juniper
4 N.

The main strategy to this deck is to swarm with Terrakion EX, start hitting T2, and Be able to attach energy to other terrakions to keep things going. I include Sigilyph to mainly deal with Mewtwo EX, but I find nice to mess with other opponent"s and ruin their day. All advice is welcome and any constructive criticism is also welcomed.
Quick and Simple, Yes?

Translations
Terrakion EX 180 HP
When Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
:fighting::colorless: Rock Tumble
This attack's damage is not affected by Resistance. 50
:fighting::fighting::colorless: Pump Smash
Attach 2 Basic Energy cards from your hand to your Pokémon in any way you like. 90
Weakness:grass: x2 Resistance
Retreat Cost :colorless::colorless::colorless:

Sigilyph 90 HP
Safeguard
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by the opponent's Pokémon-EX.
:psychic::colorless::colorless: Psychic
Does 10 more damage for each Energy attached to the Defending Pokémon. 50+
Weakness:psychic: x2 Resistance
Retreat Cost :colorless:

Last edited:
how does your deck do against other sigilyph? Are you prepared for the new Bouffalant? You have no Tool Scrapper, so what do you do against the odd Garbodor? I also suggest adding the following (if you can find room) in this order: 2 Tool Scrapper, 2 Random Receiver, 1 SSU, hammers

and you could try:
-2 Rocky Helmet, +2 Eviolite,
-2 Energy Search, +2 Energy Retrieval (maybe)

This deck was recently made so i havent really tested against other Sigiylphs. I also take it that you are refering to both hammers?
Once I get more cards and time to playtest I can give more accurate results.

You have Sigilyph's translation incorrect. The correct translation for Safeguard is "Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by Pokémon-EX (both yours and your opponent's). " Which means, you cannot attach Energies to Sigilyph by means of Terrakion-EX.

So, unless you were already planning on always manually attaching to the Sigilyph, this might change some things.

Last edited:
...What? Attaching energy to itself is not an effect placed upon the opposing Sigilyph... It's an effect you do to your own board.

Okay, yeah, now that makes more sense. In that case, it might be worth it to run ditto to bypass this rule. Maybe.

I'd remove the Sigilyph's as stated above you can't accelerate to it with TerrakionEX so it's too slow to run.

Personally I like Terrakion with Garbodor otherwise straight Terrakion is fine.

If you remove the Siligyph's then obviously the Psychic Energies would go as well as the Energy Search/

I'd remove at least 1 Super Rod, you won't need 2, maybe even both but it's nice for getting back Fighting Energies to then accelerate with.

I'd up the SSU to 4 since it's your best healing in this deck and since it's flippy some might fail.

Unless you're playing against a lot of Darkrai with Eviolite's then the PlusPower's won't be greatly helpful, I'd rather remove them for a couple of Tool Scrapper, this allows you to still 1 hit Darkrai by removing Eviolite and will be useful against other decks.

I wouldn't run Rocky Helmed at all, you don't need any extra damage on anything, 90 will always be a 2 hit KO.

With the Sigilyth's gone, take out the Level Balls, I'd run 4 Ultra Ball and take out the Cheren's for Biancas, they work much better and even when you don't have any pokemon left in your deck Ultra Ball can discard anything useless and allow you to draw more with Bianca.

I like 4 Juniper for consistency.

I'd also suggest a couple of Energy Retrieval to get 2 Fighting Energy back to your hand and then attach them with Terrakion.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys for the tips, it helps. Dang, I guess I'll take out the Sig's then. Question if I take out
Siligyph, should I put another basic in or just leave it alone?

Thanks guys for the tips, it helps. Dang, I guess I'll take out the Sig's then. Question if I take out
Siligyph, should I put another basic in or just leave it alone?

Need a non EX to deal with opponents sigilyph. I suggest one or two regular Terrakion, or possible a Bouffalant from the upcoming set

I agree with Slev, Bouffalant is quite useful but that's down to prsonal preference, some people don't like it but you should definately test it and I would definately add in some normal Terrakion since with not running a Garbodor build you need someting to deal with opposing Sigilyph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back