Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

the 11-14 champion report

keebler

~stuart~
on friday night i still didnt know what i was going to play but i was going to play brooks medi hari or i was going to run powcham. after testing we discovered that brooks wasnt the way to go so i filled out my deck list for pow cham and the tried to get every one out of my room.

round one: i faced a japanese player with gardy. ( i forgot the name but really nice kid)
he got a slow start just like i did. the game went evenly until a great pow hand that killed his last gardy and then we ran out of time and i won the game on time.
1-0
ropund 2: i played against a dark draganite.
i get a good start and thats all i needed because this is an amazing match up for me.
2-0
round 3: Drak steelx
this wasnt even a game he got a bad start and i got a good one and he got bad life herb flips.
3-0
round 4: blaze
he got a early set up. and so did i. but i eventually killed his blaze ex. after his blaze ex fainted he didnt realy have any thing else to play.
4-0
round 5: wes bartlett. ZRE.
this is my hardest match. he gets a slow set up but i get 8 tails in a row with jarachi. and that was my down fall.
4-1
round 6: paris. blastoise ex
he got out 2 dexoy ex and i coudnt get my set up after he killed the first medi but i dont mind he's cool.
4-2
round7 :can remember name but he played ludi cargo.
he didnt get much out and i just went agro with sky kick and won because i er2 his scramble.
5-2
round8: i facedanother really nice japanese player who didnt make top 32. =(
he was playing t tar. we taded hits with each other but i let him take the first prize and then i got the set up. i sent up my second medi and then i powed up his sand damage tar and then i powed the energy off of it and then admined him. i then pure powered his two t tars and then i pure powered every basic he played form that point in the game.
6-2

im seated 12 going to the top 32.
top 32 i played against ludicargo. the ludi was played by TAKAYUKI NISHIDIE
game one we last about 23 min. i kill the first ludi. and he cant get another so he decides to play wobb. and i kill every thing else on his side of the table. and i then build my wobb to kill his wobb.
1-0

game 2 he gets wobb off of his s.a.r.s. and i the get power up 2 chams let the first one die and then he has only a ludi with a multi energy on it and a wobb on the bench with a multi on it and there is a team aqua hide out on the table. i sky kick his ludi and then he draws lays a water on wobb and healing dances no discard i draw my hand is , POW. SWOOP. FIGHTING ENERGY. prizes are him with 2 me with 3 . i cant figure out how to win and then it hits me i pow hand extension the active multi energy on the ludi to his wobb on the bench with a multi on it.i then kill ludi. 2-2 he draws lays a lotad and retreats his wobb no realizing its retreat is 3 not 2 and i then just power up a jarachi and hill the wobb and the lotad.
2-0
top 16 i play against joel A. a good friend of mine. he is playing sawmp ex and articuno ex .
game 1 i get a fast start and build mulitple medi to beat the articuno ex swarm.
1-0
game 2 he gets a good start and i can keep up with the articuno swarm and the swamps.
1-1
game 3 time is low and i get fast start and kill off his early energy preventing articunoex and i kill mud kips in one hit.
2-1
sorry joel

top 8 im up against rocklock jeffery vernola.
game one he donks me hard core i get no er2 flips and he just keep drawing good cards.
0-1
game two was fast the couldnt get his set up because he couldnt use his powers and i looked up his larvitar and i kill his bench.
1-1
game 3
i just conrtoled the game. i played the aqua hide out and powed up his amphy and started to kill the bench and i eventually finnished him off with a couple of sky kicks.

top 4 im playing up against daniel richard ( ludi with nine tails)
i roll 2 d6 and get 3 he rolls 2 i say ill play first.
game 1i get a fast start and sky kick him fast to stop him from getting up a ludi.
1-0
game 2 he gets a good start i dont get a medi until turn 4.
he eventually gets down to 2 prizes and my medi has 80 on it he brings up a lombre and flips the 2 coins and gets a heads to win the game.
1-1
game3 time is low i get 3 quick prizes and he kills medi and then does 50 to the other and i see if he can kill my jarachi and he can so i retreat and send up jarachi i wishing star the er2 his energy a then i admin when i was shuffling time was called and i won on time.
2-1

final match. me vs TAKASHI YONEDA
game 1: i let him get the first prize and the i pow all of his energy to his bench and start to pure power his bench t tars and larvitar. i take 3 prizes in one turn and the he send ups pidgeote and hits my for 40 i then scott and get magnetic stormfor the final prize.
1-0
game 2 same thing but he has 2 prizes left and there are 6 cards left in my deck he has darkness t tar up grind my medi to 40 hp left. he also has ancient tomb on the table i draw look at my discard and see that the is all of my aqua hide outs in my discard. i draw and put up wobb and hit him for 20 and he draw and hills the wobb i send up the medi i need to get a energy and the storm out of the 6 cards in my deck. i draw storm. the tvr and draw steel and fighting and scott. i play energy then storm i sky kick for my last prize. i stand up shake his hand and the say good game and then run out of the arena and jump up and the freddy k and levi c picked me up and walked me to the stands to great every one who was hoping i would win. :clap:
props
pablo :wink:
freddy k , sami, yoge, russ
levi and pramawat
jeff
andrew k and wes B.
every one i played against for being a good sport.
eric brook
kettler and matt moss
currin hill
dunford ( bill cosby)
slops
steven davis ( i think you might have cheated pop doesnt give random game losses for people droping cards)

Last edited:
Pffttt Pfffttt Stuart Pfftt OMG Pfftt

STUART YOU ARE TEH BEST =) Much Love. Hanging out with ALL of Neo Was so kewl.

Sami :thumb:

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAY TO GO STU. obv the best 11-14 player in the game.

What a lucksac, topdecking his Storm. :p

Nice job, Stu. Nice play on the Pow/Multi thing too, not too many people would've picked that up. That's what he gets for playing Multi instead of Rainbow. =) Congrats again, I'll see you next year bud.

Stu congrats and great job!!! It was fun watching your top 4 and top 2 games. The top 4 match was without a doubt a great matchup!!!

Back