Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The B.E.A.S.T. 1 2006 *amhyrules lucksacks, takes 1st*

Daddiursa

HERE ARE THE WINNERS:

1st place : amphyrules
2nd place : Type O negative
3rd palce : Kevin89
4th place: Esa

Thanks to all who participated! Top 4 finishers who haven't supplied me with an adress
must do so in order to get their boosters.

---------------------------------------

RESULTS OF ROUND 5:

Table Name Opponent

[del]1 amphyrules UK (4/0) vs. badganondorf Finland (3/1)[/del] - WINNER: badganondorf

[del]2 Kevin89 Netherlands (3/1) vs. matthijscoman Netherlands (3/1)[/del] - WINNER: Kevin89 2-0

[del]3 PlaF-the Master Netherlands (3/1) vs. Type O negative Netherlands (3/1)[/del] - WINNER: Type O negative 2-0

[del]4 andceo Italy (2/2) vs. Daddiursa (2/2)[/del] - WINNER: Daddiursa 2-0

[del]5 Drich France (2/2) vs. Fireborn Netherlands (2/2)[/del] - WINNER: Fireborn 2-1

[del]6 Rainbowgym Netherlands (2/2) vs. kiwill France (2/2)[/del] - WINNER: Rainbowgym 2-1

[del]7 Zapper Slovenia (2/2) vs. SaLaMeNcE Xx Norway (2/2)[/del] - WINNER: SaLaMeNcE Xx 2-1

[del]8 Ash_Van_Je UK/Hong Kong (1/3) vs. marstio Finland (0/4)[/del] - WINNER: martsio

[del]9 luca Switzerland (1/3) vs. SpyRevenge (1/3)[/del] - WINNER: luca

[del]10 Treecko Netherlands (1/3) vs. ticka222 Slovenia (1/3)[/del] - WINNER: Treecko 2-0

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND PLAY FAIR!!!

-------------------------

Here are the participant and their decks security codes:

Daddiursa - 141328
SaLaMeNcE Xx - 157902
amphyrules - 151112
marstio - 158076
kiwill - 143844
Kevin89 - 143184
Zapper - 160948
Fireborn - 152022
Type O negative - 142626
badganondorf - 140846
andceo - 152278
luca - 150578
Rainbowgym - 151696
Treecko - 160066
matthijscoman - 147318
Ash_Van_Je - 146430
SpyRevenge - 138206
Drich 159308
ticka222 - 134972
PlaF-The Master - 148646

------------------------------------------------------------

1. The Tournament structure:
Swiss with Single Elimination finals: First we play 4 or 5 rounds of swiss like in a normal tournment, then Top 4 finals. I'm using the Tournament Operations Manager software to organize this tournament , albeit using only your PokeGym screen name and the country you are defending as info (no age groups as I enter every competitor as born on the 01/01/1980)
Best of 3 matches: Every round - from your first match til your last - is run as best of three games. If you loose or win two of these matches in a row, no need to play a 3rd match.
One round per week: One round (3 games) per week.

2. Communication:
Once you have checked out who you are paired with, then use this list, to find out if your opponent uses AIM or MSN. If your opponent uses, say AIM, and you only MSN. Then send him/her a private message and try to resort who is gonna install a new program to make you able to communicate.

3. Prizes:
1st place = 6 boosters (3 LM/3 DS)
2nd place = 3 boosters (DS)
3rd place = 2 boosters (LM)
4th place = 1 booster (LM)

4. Resources/personell
TO: Daddiursa
Sponsors: Daddiursa, marstio, Rainbowgym & Fireborn
Technical Chief: Type O negative (adress any technical issues regarding Apprentice/network connections etc. to him)
Referee: lev (need a neutral third part to resolve an ingame discussion, contact lev)

5. Card bans
In Apprentice you cannot draw a card from the bottom of your deck, so therefor Prof. Cozmo's Discovery from Deoxys and Dunsparce from Legend Maker are banned. Remember you can move a card from hand/table to the bottom of the deck by holding the SHIFT key while dragging a card to the Library icon, thus making it possible to play Metagross from Delta Species.

6. Expected level of knowledge prior to registering
You don't have to be an expert to join in, but you must know the basics. If you sign up and have installed Apprentice recently, spend the remaining days getting to know Apprentice by connecting with someone who know it well.

7. Posting pairings/reporting match results:
Once the tournament has started pairings are posted right here in this thread on Sundays (will announce more accurate time later), and the result from your three games must be sent to me either by private message here on the Gym or by my mail to my MSN adress.
Contact me if you cannot get hold of your opponent. If I don't hear from him/her too, that person is dropped and you win that round.

8. Security Code
So, you don't know what this is too? Well, every time you load a deck in Apprentice and start a game, the first thing you can read off the ingame dialogue box on the bottom is that deck's Security Code. This code is unique to that particular deck, and to be able to make sure people play the same deck throughout the tournament you need to supply this Security Code upon registration. You can start a Solitaire game after loading your tournament deck if you want to obtain this code. Later when you have won this tournament your deck and your decklist will be compared (all who enters play off will need to submit their decklists to Deck Guardian meganium45).

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!! It's gonna be fun to see who wins The B.E.A.S.T. 2006 (Btw, it's purly accidential this tournament actually spells a word...)

Last edited:
This is gonna be fun!!

To everyone who wonders what Security Code is, check note #8 in my first post in this thread.

You can register now, and either change or supply this code later. But don't forget when the registration closes (which is Saturday March the 25th). When I wake up on Sunday I will copy all those numbers and make a Security Code log, so by that time you'd better have decided on your Tournament deck and posted your final code. I will then enter your user name in the Tournament software and post pairings later that day.

Last edited:
andceo said:
I'm in. Can also my brother play using my pc and my msn address to play?

andceo MSN: [email protected]

I would like your brother to have some kind of unique account, because I think some ppl will find it irritating not knowing if you are the person online on MSN or your brother. Isn't there any way he can have his own account? Like if you run Windows XP you can creat an account for him to use, where he can install his own MSN and AIM ?

If I can manage to get everything working before 25th march I will join the tournament.
The boostersupport will stay (so even if I'm not playing).

I am a British (and I am holding a British passport too), and I'm just living in Hong Kong for a few years. I wonder if I am able to join?

I can have a scan of my passport if you wish.

Ash_Van_Je said:
I am a British (and I am holding a British passport too), and I'm just living in Hong Kong for a few years. I wonder if I am able to join?

I can have a scan of my passport if you wish.

Hm.. The main issue I would say is the time zone. How far off are you European time zones?

Back