Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Best Deck In (the Scizor/Cherrimless) Format, Corvallis, Oregon Report.

Shino Bug Master

Front Page News Editor
So, right before cities, I created porbably the best deck I've ever made, bar none. While I've never won anything with it, and I have with the likes of my Delta Spread and Mario decks, this deck fit perfectly against the ciites medigame and proved to hold it;'s own against 98/100 decks it faced. The two others were both Scizor Cherrims xD

So looking through my cards, I decided I wasn't going to make a deck without Weavile SW, becasue the increased set-up speed, ability to give free retreat under moonlight, give +10-40 damage with energy, to ignore resistance and to hit Dusknoir with weakness seemed like a win for this Dusknoir run format. But as an attacker, there are better options. While looking for good Pokemon with (C)(C) in their attack cost, i ran into Bronzong. at first I though: "No way, Bronzong is used for spread, the +2- wouldn't add to half his attacks." But I soon realised, the 0 energy spread shouldn't be Bronzong's focus, Yes it's cheap in cost, but also in output, not hitting anything early game, or anythign with Unown G. And his body spreads in between turns regardless what attack I use. Hiittng for 80 (Dusk and Gengar for 110), spreading 2 damage counters on everything with a Pokepower by my next turn and reducing damage done by 20 starting T3 seemed like a great deck basis.

But the T-Tar match-up was just crap. 3 Spinning Tails and it was game. So I needed a partner, who could still use Weavile's exceleration and hold its own against T-Tar. So who did I pick? YOUMAMASNOW FOO! I love this christmass tree Pokemon, reducing everything for 20 increases my Kingdra, T-Tar and several other match-ups. It also fits perfectly with Bronzong's spread, but bypasses Unown G. So I have the deck pretty much done, except my draw engine. I chose Uxie because it seems (and proves to be) a GREAT attacker, in addition to having sevrel other advantages over Claydol.

-----------------
Deck List provided at end of Post
-----------------

So I've gotten Top 8 twice and am looking for a possible win at this tournament. It's my hometown afterall. I switch out 1 card for a Warp, but other then that, don't mess with it. I just pray there won't be any Scizor Cherrim out there......and there are 3. =/

Round 1 vs. Cool Guy (I'm bad at names) w/Rhyperior

I haven't played against Rhyperior with this deck before, and I'm a little worried. But i get an Abomasnow built up T3 and start hitiing his Jirachi's. I never have a Zong on my bench, mostly because he discarded a 1-1 Zong with a Rhyperior, so I made sure to keep all my NM's in my hand. The constant Spread, and eventual OHKO of his Rhyperior Lv.X was just too much for him, and I'm pretty sure I 5-0'd him. Still a great game, hadn't had the pleasure of playing him before. Cool dude. Gave me a free Bebe's!

1-0

Round 2 vs. Another Guy W/Garde/Mewtwo/Etc.

While I'm in trouble at one point due to energy crisis, I manage to stay ahead of the game. It goes down to 2-0 prizes, but I am still the victor, as I was able to swarm my bench with Pokemon early on. Loving my Uxie.

2-0

Round 3 vs Seth w/ Kingdra

Seth is an amazing dude. But I don't want to get donked by Kingdra, which seems likely. He gets some sort of Pokeman start, Think it was a baltoy or horsea or something. Anyway, I make the smart decision to go first (I can pretty much decide to go first or second, because I am GOD at predicting a dice role for that kind of thing). So I attach to my Uxie, hit his thing for 20. He goes and can't get another basic. I then proceed to play Bebe's for Uxie X use 3 PokedexHandy, 2 Pokedrawer (one at a time) and Trade off to get the second energy and grab my T2 donk. And it was the LAST card, after looking through 11 cards from my deck. I had like, 3-4 energy prized =O I donked Kingdra fo! GO UXIE!

3-0

Here I take my first real break, and trade the free Bebe's I got for 3 Rev. Holo Absols. Yay! Stole Seth's trade too xD

Round 4 vs Steve WB w/AMU

The Poor guy really couldn't get a set-up going, but I manage to batten down the hatches and keep strikign away at him anyway. Never had all 3 Pixies out, cause I kept toasting one. Discarded both his TSD's with Chip Off, while KOing his Plkia Lv.X. Was brutual. I felt bad for the guy, but I really do have a good AMU match-up.

4-0

Round 5 vs ????? w/Dusknoir (CHill Body or w/e)

Decimated him. Never had anything with more then 1 energy out. I got down paired though, so i was concerned. But I own Dusknoir even more then AMU. One of my best match-ups. I'm concerned, becasue at this point, looks like a Scizor Cherrim will get 7/8, and I'm goign to get 1/2 now.

5-0

Round 6 vs Other dude w/AMU

So, he gets a better set-up then the last AMU, but I still have control, and 3-0 him with little resistance. I'm top seed, and the Scizor/Cherrim has been eliminated! But the system isn't going to hand me this tournament on a silver platter. Instead, one player drops and the other just leaves, rearranging the last two slots so that I play a 4-2 using a similar deck....actually, it's CLint with my deck. I know I'm not going any further from here.

Final 8 vs Clint A. W/Mirror

When I'm playing a mirrior of the deck I made, something's screwy. Anyway, i Azelf check my prizes early on... THREE RoSEANNE'S RESEARCH. 2 BASIC ENERGY. 1 Sp. DARK ENERGY. I have a hellish time with energy, end up grabbing the wrong one from my prizes, and can't keep anything constant up. 3 Rose in the prizes is a *****. The second game, I'm set up better,b ut time is called before I can make my statement. So I'm shut out by my own god-like creation. Still my deck wins the tournament, just not with me =/ ABONDENMENT!

Pros:
Undefeated in Swiss with Rogue
Bebe
All my round opponents, for some great games
Seth
Uxie
Uxie Lv.X
Weavile
YOMAMASNOW!
Zong
Absols
My deck winning the tournament
Dr. Pepper
Ben
Tournament oraginizers
AMU being easy match-up

Cons:
People dropping, seriously
Mirrior match in Top 8
No prizes for the Top 8
Fail Pizza.
FAIL-PIZZA
(My pizza box was given to me upside, and after walking across the street to eat and watch the finals, I see all my pineapple has gone north, while my bread has gone everywhere else. Not sure what happened to the bacon =O)
Uhh, Rare Candy? Claydol?
Scizor/Cherrim

Will add decklist later.

Back