Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Brothers Pokemon: The Nances Get An Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriknance

I thought I would share this article that a local paper did about my brother and I. I feel they did a really good job with getting most of the details right, and they also talk quite a bit about how the game has matured into something that everyone can enjoy (not just children or teenagers). My only qualm is that they didn't talk any about my wife, hmph!

The Brothers Pokemon.

Enjoy!

:smile::biggrin::thumb:

Update:

A small profile done by another local paper, here.

Last edited:
The Nance got a Chance to make a Difference,
in the biggest Conference of pokemon Romance,
in a hypnotic Trance,
superhuman Implants,
only two will Advance,
let's do the Nance Dance!

Pretty cool when brothers stick together...my own younger brother thought Pokemon became kiddy a while back so yeah...pretty much I'm the only one in my family whose been sticking with it for the last 11 years.

Has anyone noticed how Pokemon related articles always start with a condescending statement about the game? That should be the author's opinion and not an assumption about the reader. Anyway, congrats on a great performance this year and good luck in paradise.

Has anyone noticed how Pokemon related articles always start with a condescending statement about the game? That should be the author's opinion and not an assumption about the reader. Anyway, congrats on a great performance this year and good luck in paradise.

You gotta admit that this article is a lot less condescending and embarassing in comparison to some of the other articles we've seen this year.

Nice sum up of pokemon to those who aren't in the know. :grass:

Very good article, and I actually think the opening "rebuttal" against what is, still, a fairly popular sentiment about the franchise, was a fantastic way to begin. Yeah, you might argue that you can find Pokemon T-shirts for sale in Hot Topic now, but to the average newspaper reader, Pokemon is no more mature than still watching Power Rangers. I think it was a great lead in to the more serious, legitimate coverage the rest of the interview did. Definitely one of the best ones I've read. Seemed very honest.

Also, great job guys, can't wait to see you in Hawaii. Top 4 maybe? ;)

very nice article dude!! and priceless picture haha, ill be looking out for you in HI. who knows where we'll meet in the tourny this time :thumb: good luck!

-Con

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Yeah, I consider ourselves pretty lucky to be featured in the newspaper. I think there may be a couple more interviews lined up, so I'll post those here if/when they happen.

Very good article, and I actually think the opening "rebuttal" against what is, still, a fairly popular sentiment about the franchise, was a fantastic way to begin. Yeah, you might argue that you can find Pokemon T-shirts for sale in Hot Topic now, but to the average newspaper reader, Pokemon is no more mature than still watching Power Rangers. I think it was a great lead in to the more serious, legitimate coverage the rest of the interview did. Definitely one of the best ones I've read. Seemed very honest.

Also, great job guys, can't wait to see you in Hawaii. Top 4 maybe? ;)

The article does a very nice job of trying to clear up the stigma that's been attached to Pokemon. And you're right, most people today who aren't familiar with the competitive side of Pokemon would generally associate it with other, more childish things. I know that I did when I first started playing again; until I actually made it to a large tournament and saw all the different (older) people that played, I was still a bit skeptical. Also, Hawaii's gonna be great. I look forward to seeing you there (top 4... mmhhhmmmmm... :biggrin:).

very nice article dude!! and priceless picture haha, ill be looking out for you in HI. who knows where we'll meet in the tourny this time good luck!

-Con

Yeah man, I'm definitely looking forward to Hawaii. Let's hang out some before the games begin. Haha, that way we can at least hang out some without the pressure of seeing who'll win the big event. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back