Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Curse Of The First Strikes Again!!!

DOUBLE TROUBLE

THE NIGHT BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT I WAS WOOPING,SHOOTING,AND KICKING BUTT ON MY XBOX.IT TOOK THREE LONG HOURS TO GET THERE AND I MEAN LONG.ON THE WAY OVER THERE KYLE SHOWED HIS RAPPING SKILLS TO DAVID,BEN,ME ,MIRANDA,MY MOM AND MY DAD. BEN WAS MAKING FUNNY JOKES ABOUT KYLE AND WHO WOULD GUESS A WHITE BOY COULD RAP OR EVEN LISTEN TO IT.FINNALY WHEN WE GOT THERE KYLE WAS FLIPPING OUT ABOUT THE BOX STORE NEXT TO HORIZONS, I WAS IN THE ZONE BECAUSE OF KYLES IPOD.I WAS SUPPOSED TO SIGN UP BUT INSTEAD I WAS BATTLING IT OUT WITH AUSTIN IN MARIO KART DS.ALL OF A SUDDEN BIG MIKE SAID I HAD 10 MINUTES TO WRITE MY DECKLIST.:eek:

ROUND 1
I HAD TO FACE ZACH:thumb: .HE GAVE A GOOD BATTLE,WE WERE BOTH DOWN TO ONE PRIZES HE HAD DAMAGE ON HIS DRAGONITE SO HE BROUGHT OUT ZAP. HE ATTACKED MY SCIZOR EX WITH 70 DAMAGE BUT BECAUSE MY ATTACK REDUCED 50, I ONLY GOT 20 DAMAGE ON MY SCIZOR EX. I DIDNT TAKE CHANCES SO I BROUGHT OUT ANOTHER SCIZOR EX THAT WAS BRAND SPANKIN NEW. NOW WHO EVER ZACH BROUGHT OUT WAS GOING TO GET KNOCKED OUT,SO I WAS OFF TO A GOOD START 1-0.:clap:

ROUND 2
I HAD TO FACE :confused: SHE HAD A MODIFIED STARTER DECK. SHE GOT OUT FLAREON ON THE 1ST TURN AND DID 10.THANKS TO MY LUCK I HAD A RARE CANDY, 2 ENERGYS, A METAGROSS AND A TV REP. SO I DID 70 DAMAGE AND THE METAGROSSES RATH NEVER STOPED FROM THERE ON..:lol: 2-0

ROUND 3
I FACED A SWEET.SHE PLAYED CAMERUPT EX/SLOWKING/MACARGO.THE GAME WAS NECK AND NECK UNTIL I BROUGHT OUT A SCIZOR EX DOING 120 A TURN OR 100 OR 90 OR 80 A TURN DEPENDING WHAT ATTACK I CHOSE.IM FEELING HOT.:cool: 3-0
ROUND 4
I FACED KYLE[PROFESSOR ELM].THE GAME BROKE LOOSE AND I WAS OWNING HIM,BUT THEN KYLE MADE A COMEBACK.HE BROUGHT OUT RAYQUAZA AND DID ALOT OF DAMAGE WHICH KNOCKED ME OUT. BY NOW KYLE STARTED TO SWEAT BECAUSE MY MOM SAID THAT IF KYLE WON HE WOULD HAVE TO WALK HOME(SINCE WE DID BRING HIM ALL THE WAY FROM SAN ANTONIO):wink:. AT THIS POINT WE BOTH HAD ONE PRIZE LEFT. I HAD TO GET AN ENERGY AND A STRENGTH CHARM TO KNOCK HIM OUT BECAUSE I ONLY HAD ONE METAGROSS TO DO 1 SUPER CONNECTIVITY. MY PIDGEOT'S QUICK SEARCH GOT ME A COPYCAT AND I NEEDED 2 CARDS OUT OF 7, NOW I TURNED TO HEART OF THE CARDS. THE FIRST TWO CARDS THAT I DREW WERE THE 2 CARDS THAT I NEEDED I WAS SURPRISED THAT I GOT THEM, BUT WHAT WAS FUNNIER WAS THAT EVERYONE STARTED LAUGHING IN AMAZEMENT. NOW MY NEW NICKNAME IS KID SHAMROCK (SO MY DAD SAYS SO) BECAUSE I HAD TO BE REALLY LUCKY TO GET THOSE 2 CARDS.4-0:biggrin:

GAME 1 OF TOP 4
I PLAYED SWEET AGAIN AND I FELT PRETTY HOT SINCE THE FIRST GAME WAS A QUICK WIN. THE SECOND AND THIRD GAME IS LIKE IF SOMEBODY PUT MY SHAMROCK ON FIRE BECAUSE I COULD NOT DRAW THE RIGHT CARDS TO GET THE GAME GOING. OR MAYBE THE CURSE OF GOING UNDEFEATED IN THE SWISS ROUNDS TO END UP LOOSING IN THE FIRST ROUNDS OF FINALS. I GUESS YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL. LIKE ARNOLD SAYS "I WILL BE BACK.................."

EVEN IF I DID NOT WIN I STILL WAS VERY PROUD THAT MY DAD AND KYLE WON REPRESENTING SAN ANTONIO. I WAS SO EXCITED THAT KYLE WON THAT I WANTED TO BUY HIM A BOX FROM THE BOX STORE.:lol:

DOUBLE TROUBLE... your report almost exactly described my experience yesterday. I went 4-0, was the only person undefeated going into Top 4, and then I had bad luck game 1, and ran out of time on game 2, needed another prize to force extra time. After that tournament, they know that Pika isn't all hype... and that I'll be back, lol. Maybe see yah at TX states or Regionals?

Heh nice going Steven...that would have been your 3rd win there. You did good...that deck has been treating you well. Keep up the good work and cya at the League. :)

If I do that he would have alot of errors in his report. He's only 11 Johnny. I let him write up his own report which was pretty decent for his first time.

Awesome report Steven.
If only the Box Store hadn't been closed! That was a great game in Round 4. I cant believe you got the exact two cards you needed.
You are SOOOOOO lucky!
GJ anyway.
I will try to get my report up soon too but first I gotta finish my hw.

The story on the box store is? I'm assuming you've never seen a box store before?

We want to hear the box store story in "as Jose and Ben call it" a "white man's rap". This I have to hear.

nice showing,since u were undefeated there shouldnt have been a playoff huh? wouldnt that just make ciys so much easier lol. :biggrin: either way gj.
~brent

yeah, but sadly its there when you don't want it, and its not there when you do.
Professor Elm:nice job,you make Team ZRE proud of your effort.

I agree with Zapdos Ex... and it's all part of the game. If be some small chance if I do that again (go undefeated) at the next tourney, I'll be hoping for some good hands... not the crap I had first game of finals...

yeah, the curse of the first isn't real tho...ppl just think its there so they choose to lose even tho they don't want to (its a mental thing that you'd never think would happen) like i was about to go undefeated but then the fire alarm came on,(no fire, luckily.) so my opponent picked up his cards and when we restarted, i got the WORST HAND EVER...so i guess this "curse" isn't just in the game...

yep, but it happens...good thing theres no fire or i would of lost my ZRE deck and have been kicked out of of my own team!!! anyway, nice job in the tourney!!!

Back