Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Event Pokemon Info Source

Benzo

Front Page News Editor<br>Forum Moderator
:biggrin:Who Likes Event Pokemon?:biggrin:

We all do, of course!

The purpose of this thread is to provide information too members and visitors here on the Pokegym of Pokemon that become available for download to your Pokemon games.

The most common term referred to these Pokemon are known as "Event Pokemon", and usually these Pokemon have something special about them in that they are not your average Pokemon captured in the games.

There are many ways a Pokemon is released to the public. Here are some of the ways these Pokemon become obtainable and are considered legitimate releases to those who download or trade for these Pokemon:

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
In Store Events like at Toy's R Us and Gamestop.
Dreamworld via the internet and your account.
Nintendo Tournament/ Event where Nintendo Distributes them on site.

You may post information about Event Pokemon that are being released in other countries as well.

In Order to provide as much information about a Pokemon becoming or is already available, any member can post the information as long as the information comes from a reliable source or can be confirmed by another member to support the information. Post your findings and info, and someone will confirm by simply checking the site/link. The information will then be re-posted on this main headline page. This is a "group effort" thread, so do not be shy!

DO NOT ASK FOR TRADES FROM OTHERS ABOUT GETTING THESE POKEMON! We have a trade thread for that!
This thread is open for discussion concerning Event Pokemon. If anyone has a question, ask away! If any of the information changes, please notify this thread with a posting, and correct or update the changes needed to be made. Sometimes things change or get cancelled and the what not by the distributor/vender for any reason. We just need to provide the most accurate information is all.

This thread is kept current to the best of abilities, so you will not find any information about older event Pokemon releases from one (1) year ago. I will delete information for event Pokemon that have expired/no longer available from the beginning and the end of each year (or as long as this thread is allowed) each January, with January 2013 being the first dates for deletion. Unless an Event Pokemon has no "expiration date"- it will not be deleted.

If you find information about an up-coming event you would like to share, post it with in this thread. The information you provide will then be posted here in the main headline for easy access. PLEASE include links of the info as well!

I would like too thank everyone in advance for any contribution made too this thread, and for providing as much correct information available when you contribute.:smile:

Below is the listing of what Pokemon have become available/distributed with in the one year time frame:

Code:
 [COLOR="Red"]"Snarl" Zoroark[/COLOR]
In a Cherish Ball  Level 50
Distributed at: Participating Toys R Us stores in the USA
Dates available: Sept. 18th 2011 through Sept. 25th 2011
http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/get-zoroark/

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Mewtwo[/COLOR]
Hold item: Kings rock  Level 70
Premier Ribbon: moves- Psystrike, shadow ball, Aura Sphere, Electro Ball (Electro Ball is the special move)
Ability: Pressure
Distributed in: 
Japan Wi-Fi
Dates: Sept. 26th  2011 through Oct. 31st 2011
USA Wi-Fi
Dates: Februrary 12th with no end date stated
source: Serebii.net database, posted on Sept. 18th, 2011

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Banette[/COLOR]
Level 37  Moves: cotton gaurd  Ability: Cursed body
Distributed how: Nintendo Power Magazine Code for Dreamworld/ Famitsu Magazine- Japan
To obtain, type in password: NPCHARACTER European:BANETYAHOOGAMES French:BRANETJEUXVIDEO Spanish:BANET3DJUEGOS
Italian:BANETSPAZIOGAMES German: BANETSpieletipps
Dates: Sept. 28th 2011 until further notice
source: http://en.pokemon-gl.com/information/?infoto=205

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Scrafty[/COLOR]
level 50   Ability: Moxie   Held item: leftovers  Brave nature  moves: fire punch, payback, drain punch, and substitute
distributed at: Worlds 2011 location in San Diago ID #08141
Date: Aug. 14th, 2011

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Happy Birthday Togakiss[/COLOR]
How obtained: via your Dreamworld account
Distribution dates:   November 2011-2012 
Link: http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/pgl_birthday_gift-2011-11-10/  Posted Nov. 10th, 2011
Level 10  Ability: Super Luck  Moves Learned-  1. Extreme Speed  2. Aura Sphere 3. Air Slash
4. Present
*Note on this event Pokemon: You can obtain this Pokemon via Dreamworld account by logging on and you will be notified ON YOUR BIRTHDAY MONTH that you in placed for your account.

Code:
 [COLOR="Red"]Christmas Blissy[/COLOR]
moveset: unknown att  Level: unknown att  Ability: hidden ability Healer
Available location: Japan
 Global Link giveaway serial code will be given. This code will unlock a special Blissey in the Global Link.  To get the serial code, you need to go to the Pokémon Centres and wish the staff a Merry Christmas to get the card with serial code on it. These serial codes are one-use only.  from November 19th 2011 to December 25th 2011

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Mamoswine[/COLOR]
Level 34 Mamoswine with the ability ThickFat
Attacks: Ice fang- hail- take down- double hit
Distributed: Global Link
Find a password in the Nintendo magazine to obtain on the GL.
 German: COMPUTERBILDSPIELE. Start date: 13 October 2011 until 19 January 2012
Japan:          ??????????                     Start date:20 December 10 2010 until 31 May 2011

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Croagunk[/COLOR]
Level 10  Ability: Poison Touch (dreamworld)  Move set: Poison jab- Poison sting- Taunt- mud-slap
How obtained: Dreamworld account
Password: IGNRuggedMountain
Europe:CROACNintendoOfficial
Germany:CROACNZONE
Distribute dates: unspecified
Source: http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1212031p1.html

Code:
Thundurus and Tornados
level: ????
Ability: ????
Move set: ????
How Obtained: Nintendo Wifi event
Japan distribute dates: December 16th 2011 to January 10th 2012
Source: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
*up-dates when available

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]"Movie 14" Victini[/COLOR]      Level 50
In a Cherrishball  ID#12031  Gift Ribbon01  "Wifi Gift"  Held item: Fire Gem
Moves: V-create, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, and Searing Shot   Ability: Victory Star
Distributed how: NWFC  Starting Dec. 3rd, 2011 in America, England, Australia and various other English speaking countries,  until December 31st 2011 
Source: http://www.pokemon.com/us/content/sweepstakes/:  Verified by Benzo, as I have obtained it.

Code:
 [COLOR="Red"]Befriend Arceus[/COLOR]

http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/pgl_pokemon_vote_result-2011-12-13/

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Lucario[/COLOR]
Lvl 10
egg move bullit punch
Ability: Justified
USA release dates: Janurary 12th 2012 through April 30th 2012
How obtained: You must purchase a copy of Pokemon Black or White from a Target store to get a serial code for the dream world to obtain the Lucario.
Source:http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldpokemon.shtml

Last edited:
As far as the Banette release, I can not at this time find anymore info about it. Anyone who can find more information on this, please post! I will keep on this and the source I provided is direct from the Global Link Dreamworld site from my account.
Birthday Togakiss is mentioned on Serebii- and I suppose it will activet only on the month of your birthday month when you log on.

This is all I have at the moment, if there are any other Event Pokies I missed/need to post, let me know!

^ Can Anyone say timed/jolly ev'd in speed and spec.att.?
Thanks for getting this in here, as the 'gym has been down and this is the first time today I have been on.
Gonna add the move info to update..........

Electro Ball is intriguing, but I mean it already got T-Bolt and Thunder anyways...still given Mewtwo's speed, could come out stronger than the 2 against the right Pokemon (since most legendaries hover at what, Base 85 or 90?).

Birthday Togakiss is mentioned on Serebii- and I suppose it will activate only on the month of your birthday month when you log on.

This is all I have at the moment, if there are any other Event Pokies I missed/need to post, let me know!

Got the event Togekiss in Japanese. :/ Still more than 6 months off the English one, so I can't help much there.

The password for the DW Banette has been added. Log in to your DW account, go to "promotions" in the lower right side of the screen, select Banette, enter in the password- complete!

For those of you who own a French cartridge, a Mamoswine is going to be available on the Global Link system.
so far the info on this is:
Level 34
ability: thick fat
password: MAMNintendoOfficiel
The source says it is not sure if this will be available in all regions, but until this info is confirmed more solidly- this is a heads up. source:http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Japan has a Global Link Pokemon event for a Blissy with it's hidden ability. I will gather more info on this and post accordingly.

Japan has a Global Link Pokemon event for a Blissy with it's hidden ability. I will gather more info on this and post accordingly.

In The Games Department
Pokémon Black & White - Blissey Giveaway

A new giveaway has been announced in Pokémon Centres for the Japanese Global Link. To tie in with some merchandise for this Christmas, a new Global Link giveaway serial code will be given. This code will unlock a special Blissey in the Global Link. This Blissey, like all Blissey is female so breedable, and has its Hidden Ability of Healer. To get the serial code, you need to go to the Pokémon Centres and wish the staff a Merry Christmas to get the card with serial codeon it. These serial codes are one-use only. The giveaway runs from November 19th 2011 to December 25th 2011

i hope this answers the question from serebii.net

^thanx! info added, will be edited when more info is available such as move set, ect...

Japan has another global link Pokemon give-away, it is Alteria. Set to happen November 17th. I will gather more info on this and add it too the list.

---------- Post added 10/27/2011 at 05:50 PM ----------

Info on the Mamoswine slipped past my radar- I will try to obtain all the codes/passwords for you all to obtain the mamoswine in the Global Link. Any help on this is appreciated.

It might or might not be worth mentioning that there was an event Shiny Eevee given out at AMA(Anime Mid-Atlantic) this year during the Pokemon game session. (It was rather brief, but they gave us unlimited downloads of it until it was over). There was a small tournament and I think they also had a download of a couple of the shining Legendary dogs as well. Not sure if they do this at all anime/gaming cons, but if they do something for Nekocon next week, I'll make sure to post it!

^Nice info- I did not even hear a thing about it- Do you know if it is the shiny Eevee given out for the VGC 2009? And the Shiny dogs, are they the same one's already released? Sorry for so many questions- I have not heard of AMA either.
Any more info on these would be helpful and worth a mention. And if they do have a Pokie available at Nekocon ( never heard of it either..)but yes, info on Pokies released at any event is good to know about for future things for like tournaments- if anything is "special" like a move the Pokie knows it normally can not/could not have so it is legal for battles. Thanx for this info, any more on this would be helpfull.

On a side note- I got to dig around and post some event Pokies like the shiny Dogs, so, this is an ongoing thread with updates as I get the info.

Japan has another global link Pokemon give-away, it is Alteria. Set to happen November 17th. I will gather more info on this and add it too the list.

---------- Post added 10/27/2011 at 05:50 PM ----------

Info on the Mamoswine slipped past my radar- I will try to obtain all the codes/passwords for you all to obtain the mamoswine in the Global Link. Any help on this is appreciated.

it says

Guide Book Altaria

Jp. Release: November 17th 2011 - ???
US Release: ??
EU Release: ??
Japan: If you get the new guidebook released in Japan on November 17th 2011, you will get a serial code that accesses this special Altaria.

and
here it is

Pokémon Fan Mamoswine

Jp. Release: December 20th 2010 - May 31st 2011
US Release: ??
European Release: October 13th 2011 - January 19th 2012
In December 2010, when you purchase the issue of Pokémon Fan magazine in Japan, you'll get a serial code which will allow you to gain access to this special Mamoswine within the Dream World.
In Europe, this Mamoswine was given through the Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK via the password; MAMNintendoOfficial, the Official Nintendo Magazine in France via the password; MAMNintendoOfficiel and in Spain via the magazine Nintendo Accion with the password; MAMNintendoAccion and in Germany with the password; COMPUTERBILDSPIELE
hope this helps benzo
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldpokemon.shtml

^thnx! I do check on Serebii alot- and I do like to have the info double-checked, so thanx! I will update when I have more time.

sorry everyone- I will update this when I have time- I would like to thank the contributions so far, I have a day-off- I can update the title section to include this information.

If for some reason I can not update this tomorrow, I might be able to squeeze in some time over the weekend- it is my Regionals and I am staffing, so, just bare with me and I will get this all current.

Again, thanx

Updated- thanx again, keep the info comming in!

Last edited:
Back