Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Future of Scpetile Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogre

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Ok now that I got the fun of my Crystal Wub-a-Bird tech its time to be serious. Here is my current idea on how to make a Sceptile EX Deck once it comes out.

Pokemon(19):
4x Treecko
2x Gorvyle
2x Sceptile (Energy Trans)
3x Sceptile EX
3x Roselia
2x Suicune (Aquapolis)
4x Dunsparce

Trainers(22):
4x Rare Candy
3x PETM
4x POR
2x Switch
2x Warp Point
3x Professor Birch
3x Pokemon Nurse
1x Town Volunteers

Energies(18):
4x Multi
4x Boost
10x Grass

Edit to reflect changes. I had one free spot so I just added another Sceptile EX. Unless you can think of something else.

Last edited:
Nice!

Kyogre said:
Ok now that I got the fun of my Crystal Wub-a-Bird tech its time to be serious. Here is my current idea on how to make a Sceptile EX Deck once it comes out.

Pokemon(18):
4x Treecko
2x Gorvyle
2x Sceptile (Energy Trans)
2x Sceptile EX
3x Roselia
2x Suicune (Aquapolis)
3x Dunsparce

Trainers(24):
4x Rare Candy
3x PETM
4x POR
3x Switch
3x Warp Point
3x Seer
3x Pokemon Nurse
1x Town Volunteers

Energies(18):
4x Multi
4x Boost
10x Grass

That's really good. It looks like the Sceptile deck I designed a few days ago. Deja vu! But whatever. :p A few things. Take out one roselia and a add one grass energy. Dunsparce can find Roselia easy. And secondly, you have 13 supporters, and you should probably only play 7-10. even ten is pushing it in some decks, so let's cut this down. Volunteers stays, good card. Seer, that's a nono. Why would you play Seer when you can just Oak's Research (or Copycat, but u seem to like Research) and get the energies plus the rest of the cards. Okay, with the exception of one. No offense, but seer is a waste of deck space unless you're playing Rain Dance or something. Nurse stays. So we'll keep 24 trainers, but It'll look like this:

4 Rare Candy
3 PETM
3 POR
3 Switch
3 Warp Point
3 Pokemon Nurse
1 Town Volunteers
2 Low Pressure System :grass: :lightning (it never hurts to have ten xtra hp)
2 Weakness Guard

Hope I helped, and if I didn't...I just wasted ten minutes. So sue me!

I don't have a picture because if any of you mortal fools even looked Wooper and his awesomeness in the face, you'd never live to tell the tale. :D Wooper Rules.

The reason behind seer was Roselia. For Roselia to be really effective I would need 3 grass energies in my hand, 1 to attach and 2 for the attack. I don't want to risk not having the energies for the attack in the beginning of the game as it is a big part of the set up.

I dunno, but if you think about it, Sceptile EX will most likely be in the next set which will come out in March. And City championships are in Feb. So I don't think I can play it.

That's right. My bad. The City Champs are in February. Waitaminute, on pokemon organized play website it says they go from March 20-21 and 27-28. Or is that State Championships? Somebody help me out here. Oh, Whatever. Maybe I'll try figuring it out when my eyes stop involuntarily drooping.
:p

I just went to the pokemon organized play website and read this under the Organzied play section:

Due to a great response from players and applicants, we are extending the City Championships program! The application deadline has been extended to 1/15/2004, and we will allow City Championship events on the weekends of March 20-21 and 27-28. C

How come I keep hearing that it's in February??????????????? I think I'm under/mis/malinformed. Or something.

:D

Pokemon-tcg.com said:
Upcoming Events!

Pokémon-e TCG 2004 City Championships

Attention!* The City Championship Application Deadline has been extended to January 15th, 2004!
Announcement date: 12/03/2003

Win Big! Pokémon-e TCG City Championships are headed your way!

Pokémon USA, Inc. (PUI) is pleased to announce the City Championship Tournament program, to be held across North America in February 2004. This program will allow players to compete in their hometown for the title of Pokémon-e TCG City Champion! We're announcing this program early, in order to give tournament organizers and storeowners the chance to submit applications to host and run these events in their cities.

City Championship Tournaments will be sanctioned Modified Constructed Pokémon-e TCG Tournaments1 held in local gaming and hobby stores. Each tournament will consist of at least 24 players, and prizes will be awarded to the top players in each of three age categories: 10 and under, 11 - 14, and 15 and up. The first place winner in each age category will also receive a special City Champion VIP package when they attend their State's Championship Tournament in April.

Because of the nature of this program, only one City Championship Tournament will be held in any given city. Applicants will be selected based on their proposed venue, the experience of the applicant and their judging staff, as well as their previous participation in Pokémon Organized Play programs. Applicants who are currently Premier Tournament Organizers, Sanctioned Tournament Organizers, or participate in Professor and League programs will be given preference over applicants who are not currently involved in Pokémon Organized Play programs.

The preferred venue for the City Championship Tournaments is a local game and hobby store with seating for 50+ players, that is safe and considerate to children. Other acceptable venues include public locations like schools, community centers, and mall areas where the seating and security issues meet the standards for running POP sanctioned events.1

Accepted City Championship Tournament Organizers are expected to market their event on a local level. To aid in this marketing, PUI will provide a customizable flyer and an online City Championship Event Locator in addition to our national print and web advertising campaigns.

An individual may apply to run City Championship tournaments in several cities (a separate application must be received for each proposed City Championship Tournament), but qualified applicants in their home-towns may be given preference over applicants from other cities.

Click here to fill out your application to run a City Championship Tournament. All Entries must be submitted by 4:00 PM PST on 1/15/2003 applications received after that time will not be accepted.

Where does it say March?

Kyogre, you do realize youve only got 7 trainers to search/draw? 4 POR and 3 PETM is not enough to get a deck going, and seer IMO does not count as search/draw, because energias arent that difficult to find since youve got so many of them. 3 switch and 3 warp point is overkill IMO, so i would drop 1 of each, to add in 2 Birch, i would also drop 1 boost to add a third birch, i think that, along with seer POR and PETM should speed up the deck, if you dont like birch, copycat or shaman would serve just as good. Wooper dont go saying 7-10 supporters is alot, cause supporters are what you depend on to draw/search most of the time, and having multiple copies of them is good so the odds increase you draw them, playing 14-16 supporters is not a bad thing, because they help you get set up and probably those 14-16 supporters will be cards to help speed up your deck.

I think what he means is that you can only play one supporter a turn so why waste deck space on cards you may not be able to play. Sure, just because you have them doesn't mean you necessarily plan on using them, but if you can use some non-supporter trainers to help your deck it may be better. It's hard to get the right balance, mostly due to differing metagames. One person's junk may be another person's treasure.

Now, for deck help, one thing I noticed in testing that 4 Dunsparce is pretty well a must to be set up fast. Chances are higher for a 1st turn sparce and complete set up by turn 3. Also, max out rare candy. Delcatty is a major asset to any deck, 2-2 line should be good. With sparce/delcatty and rare candy, stage 1's aren't quite as important. 1 of each necessary line in any deck would be best. Also with maxed out sparce you can be "sparce" with basics. 2 will be enough to get you going. Now for trainers: Oracle works amazingly well with delcatty. You could use at least 3, then due to all the draw power, you can drop a few POR'S + all the PETM. Then you need at least 2 fisherman. All this will lower your supporter needs considerably and open up room for more non-supporters like fast ball, or perhaps lure ball. Then a couple Briney's would come in handy, even if you can't use them on the ex. Hope this helps.

procrastination_alley said:
I think what he means is that you can only play one supporter a turn so why waste deck space on cards you may not be able to play. Sure, just because you have them doesn't mean you necessarily plan on using them, but if you can use some non-supporter trainers to help your deck it may be better. It's hard to get the right balance, mostly due to differing metagames. One person's junk may be another person's treasure.

Right. Try not to includge too much. I can see where Mudkip, a few replies above, is coming from, since his new BAR deck (which I really must give mad props to, although it can be slow) requires many many supporters to get working, and he needs to find them turn one or two. My playing style is different. I tend to let the opponent jump start me or get ahead of me when playing, and I take it slow, usually only playing 7-10 supporters in a deck. But Mudkip is right, Kyogre, 7 search/draw is not enuff. I didn't catch that. my badness. In case any of you don't know what I mean by jump start me, I gave a EX Gengar deck. Chaos move needs my opponent to get on the offensive, and right away. And don't dis Gengar, even if it's not a tournament winner, he's great for fun play. I might test him out at the City Championships...or not. Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back