Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Ivy Boycott and Lawsuit

Kibble N Bits

The WSOP has started (few days ago actually but I'm lazy and didnt have a chance to post this till now) and Phil Ivy has boycotted the series due to FTP players not getting paid after the 4/15/2011 raids. While this appears to be sympathy for the players, he then turns around and sues Full Tilt for $150,000,000. If they would have to pay this to him that would surely damage the odds of the Americans cashing out in the near future. Does anyone else see this as hypocritical?

I assume that bc he is under contract with FTP, he must wear their logo/hats/shirts when he competes. Since he hasnt gotten paid since 4/15....he doesnt want to give free advertising. Seems to me that if FTP breached 1st, he could compete w/o wearing the FTP gear.

Either way, he is acting like a spoiled brat if he skips out on the event(s) bc of this.

Keith

THe heck are you talking about?

On April 15th 2011 the united states federal government banned online poker. They seized the domain names of the three largest poker sites/companies, pokerstars, full tilt poker, and absolute poker. United states players cannot get their money back from FTP (full tilt) and absolute. I believe they have gotten it back from stars, but not sure. Phil Ivy, a sponsored player of FTP, has boycotted the WSOP because he claims it isnt fair for him to play we so many Americans cannot. But he turns around and sues FTP, making it harder for american players to get paid, due to the finacial loss they are taking by paying Mr. Ivy.

I don't care a bit about online gambling, lol.

Thank you very much in aiding the conversation

---------- Post added 06/04/2011 at 11:21 PM ----------

I assume that bc he is under contract with FTP, he must wear their logo/hats/shirts when he competes. Since he hasnt gotten paid since 4/15....he doesnt want to give free advertising. Seems to me that if FTP breached 1st, he could compete w/o wearing the FTP gear.

Either way, he is acting like a spoiled brat if he skips out on the event(s) bc of this.

Keith

I read a tweet from one of the poker news magazines doing coverage at the WSOP that the only FTP sponsored player wearing their logo is Gus Hansen, which definitely makes it appear that FTP did breach first

---------- Post added 06/04/2011 at 11:25 PM ----------

Then I don't see his point.

I dont either i was wondering if someone else had some information that would make this make more sense

Back