Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Metagame after Team Aqua/Magma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Blastoise

So with the release of this new and interesting deck what do you think we'll see in upcoming tournaments. Do you think Aqua/Magma is groundbreaking? Is Entei EX or Swampert EX or Blaziken EX the next big thing? What about Aqua's Manectric? Will that replace Ampharos in BAR? Here is the forum to discuss your views. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing what many of you think about this new set. So what do you think?

i foresee the new BAR upgrading to manectirc of course....and mybe adding 1 blaze-ex for major bench damage.... or maybe adding 1 or 2 entei-ex's

I see more of either people will play Blaziken/EX variants and RAMBO(New BAR) or playing something that will counter them, like Wubbuffet with Shards. Everything else will just plain lose to Blaziken EX, such as Gengar (Exp.), VW Beetle, Nineken, ect.

Nothing in this set to stop Garde and BAR just became RAMBO. Some nice possiblities being able to play TM Aggron turn one with Archie. The Legendary dogs just aren't worth it. Swampert EX is nice and a good addition to fighting but slow. I picture a lot of RAMBO and Gardie at the state championships

I agree with Clefable. Nothing in this set can stop Gardevior/EX decks. Blaziken EX can come close, but with a psychic weakness, 80 damage is OHKO. BAR gets alot straonger with Entei EX and Blaziken EX. Sceptile decks get stronger and maybe able to join the archetype group with Sceptile EX.

umm how does blaziken beat Niniken? isn't Niniken the same as BAR but witha proze advantage in those matches?? with Blaze ex Niniken koes benched Ray for 2 prizes, and Blaze koes Tales for 1 prize, so OBV BAR STILL loses to Niniken!

-MuD

Prime said:
I agree with Clefable. Nothing in this set can stop Gardevior/EX decks. Blaziken EX can come close, but with a psychic weakness, 80 damage is OHKO. BAR gets alot straonger with Entei EX and Blaziken EX. Sceptile decks get stronger and maybe able to join the archetype group with Sceptile EX.

Prime, you're pretty much right about Blaziken EX's weakness to Psychic, and this will affect the metagame severely, but any smart player knows not to use their Blaziken EX against a Gardy EX, and discard it with reporter or something, unless you really need to KO that benched Gardevoir that keeps Psy Shadowing. Boom. 100 damage and one prize. Of course, they'll KO you next turn with a Gardy/EX, but if it's that important, the Blaze players will do it.

Besides, it's not like people will start focusing decks on Blaze EX, he's just an addition to Magcargo/Blaze and RAMBO decks that make them more strong and broken.

So what I'm basically saying is: You're wrong. Blaziken variants will dominate the tournament scene. Of course, there will be some Gardevoirs and some rogue stuff, but Blaze will become even more the king then he was in this envio.

Wooper out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back