4 POV
4 Bebe's Search
3 Roseanne's Research
2 TGW
2 Cynthias Feelings
2 Dawn Stadium
4 Call Energy
11 Grass Energy

i built this deck for speed and it does not need claydol.

Does it not need Claydol or do you not have Claydol? My guess is the latter.

It really would be a lot better with Claydol. I've been playing Beedrill on and off for the past 5 months and Claydol is almost the most important part of the deck.

TM TS1 > Phione. And if you like healing Beedrills so much, try SSU.

I have to agree with mrdraz07 that Claydol is pretty much one of those cards that every deck benefits from, especially in a deck like this that relies on swarming stage 2s for maximum damage output. I could see you running Beedrill in HP-on with Cessation Crystal and Crystal Beach (from what I gather, 3rd at Nationals this year used a deck like that at a Regionals and went undefeated) and sacrificing the consistency of Claydol for the disruption of that tool, but in DP-on, you're really just putting yourself behind everyone else that does play Claydol and you have nothing like Cessation Crystal to play over it.

You want increased speed? Go with Claydol.

As far as tech grass stuff goes, I'd drop the Sunflora line for a Surskit possibly, with the other spot going to a Chatot (MD), because Surskit has a great Gust + sleep attack that can be used to trap your opponent's Claydol and possibly even keep it from Cosmic Powering for a turn (via sleep), setting you up to KO it on your next turn with Beedrill and giving you board control. It seems like such a random suggestion but I think Gust-type attacks can be really useful for setting up KOs on important bench-sitters such as Claydol.

Also, why are there no Warp Point here? Beedrill has free retreat and it has the ability to do big damage quick. That makes Warp Point a dear friend, since you can disrupt your opponent and possibly take out key stuff on their bench with a well-timed forced switch.

-1-1 Sunflora(crappy)
-2 Phione
+2-2 Claydol
-1 Kakuna
+1 Rare Candy
-4 Call
+3 Grass
+1 TGW
-4 Potion
-2 Dawn Stadium
+4 SSU
+2 Buck's
-2 NM
+2 TSD(Better recovery options.)

Beedrill needs Claydol. You probably don't have Claydol since you're mentioning it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back