Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Mysterious Girl - A Pokemon Trading Card Game story (final part now up!)

mysterioustrainer

The Mysterious Girl

By Craig Simpson

This story is dedicated to those who stopped me from doing something very stupid in my life. If it weren’t for them, I would have disappeared into the mist from where I came. Thank you. This story is inspired from true events in my life these last couple of months.

High in the rocky mountains of Colorado, Craig sat on a rock looking at the snow covered peaks that spanned the horizon. It was warm day, and Craig had nothing to do. He kept shuffling his Gardevoir/Gardevoir EX deck in his hands, slowly thinking about many things. Wondering about something in him.

“How did I ever come about to playing this game?” He asked himself.

No one answered because there was no one around him. He continued to shuffle his deck and worry about what the future would bring. He had good reason to worry, he was barely making it through college, he would be starting a new job on Monday, and most importantly he would be fighting for the right to go the World Championship of the Pokémon Trading Card Game tomorrow. If you were to look at him you would think there was something else, because no matter what was happening, a big event like Gym Challenge, would get Craig very excited. Excitement, however, was not the word to describe him right then.

He continued to shuffle his deck and laid back his head against the rock face. He thought about packing up to go home, but something in his heart told him to stay, so he did. It was around 3 o clock. Craig continued to shuffle his deck when he heard a voice.

“Oh wow, a pokémon deck.”

Craig turned around to see a girl. She seemed to be the age of twenty. She was dress in a hiker’s attire and held a camera in her hand. She had brown hair much like Craig’s and even appeared to have the same colored eyes as Craig.

“I’m sorry.” the girl said. “I didn’t want to bother you.”

“No it is okay,” replied Craig “I didn’t notice you were behind me.”

“Oh, I heard the shuffling of your deck and wondered what the noise is? I am surprised to see a Pokémon Trading Card Game deck out here in the mountains and held by someone of your age I guess. Oops sorry if that offended you.”

“No I am not offended. My name is Craig.”

“My name is Kristy. You are Craig Simpson?”

“You heard of me?” Craig asked in surprising note.

“Well, I heard that you are one of the state’s best Pokémon Trading Card Game players here.”

“I guess my reputation spreads more than I thought.” Craig was rather surprised that someone he never met before knew so much about him. Sure Craig was a great trainer but it wasn’t like Steve or Ronald didn’t tell much about his ‘skill’ as a Pokémon Trainer. Craig guessed it must have been on the kids he knows who told this girl.

“Are you into Pokémon?” Craig asked.

Kristy sat down on top of the rock “Yes. I am really into Pokémon. I have played it for about five years.

“Wow really? I never met you at any leagues or anything though do you live here in Colorado?”

“Yes I lived here almost all of my life.” Kristy replied.

“So do I.” Craig said.

“So what do you do besides Pokémon?”

“Well I am college student studying web design but not much else after that. I am working for C-DOT but it is just a temporary job this summer.”

“Okay. I am going into college this fall. My major is in computer graphics.”

“That is cool.”

“Yeah I think it is fun.”

“So what kind of deck are you shuffling there?” Kristy asked.

“It’s a psychic deck for a tournament tomorrow.”

“Do you mean the Gym Challenge in Colorado Springs?”

“Yeah.” Craig replied with curiosity.

“Then that must mean you are using a Gardevoir deck of sorts.” Kristy said

“Wow you are good. Are you going to that tournament?”

“I am thinking about it.” Kristy replied. “Its not easy to travel to Colorado Springs from these parts.”

“I know what you mean. So what deck would you use at Colorado Springs?” Craig asked.

“Hmm wouldn’t you like to know.” Kristy said with a giggle. Craig knew then she was quite the metagamer. “So you are looking forward to Gym Challenge?”

“I guess.”

Kristy looked stunned at Craig’s reply. She slid down the rock and sat next to Craig. “You guess? What kind of answer is that?”

Craig knew Kristy was trying to get inside of him but didn’t know what to say, even if he didn’t want her to know anything. “I don’t know, I guess I just have some other things on my mind right now.”

“Would you want to tell me about it?”

“I don’t know what to say. I guess I just wonder sometimes why I started to play Pokémon so much.”

Kristy felt stumped. “Why you do like playing Pokémon?”

“Well yeah.” Craig said. “I just wonder if I am too old these days.”

Craig and Kristy were very quiet for a few minutes. In the fields of Moraine Park, Kristy saw a herd of deer grazing . Amongst them was two newborn bambies chasing each other through the field. Kristy turned her head to Craig and then before he knew it.

“Your it!” Kristy cried out as she touch Craig on the arm. She started to run down the road towards the trailheads. Craig was surprised by her sudden action but relized she wanted to play. He slipped his deck into his backpack and put it on. Soon he started to chase after Kristy.

Kristy keep some good distance evading car traffic and other hikers. Craig was in hot pursuit though. Soon Kristy turned off to the trail that led to Bear Lake. Craig didn’t lose her as he too turned off onto the trail. They ran around more hikers, Kristy seemed to giggle almost the whole way across the trail. Craig was beginning to fatigue because of his asthma but didn’t want to give up.

After twenty minutes of playing catch up he made it to the Bear Lake secondary parking. Looking around he saw no sign of Kristy and thought he made a wrong turn, but a bus passed him and Kristy sat in the back seat waving and intimidating Craig. Craig smiling as he shook his head found the next bus loading and was on his way to Bear Lake. It was less than a half a mile from Bear Lake when he saw Kristy dashing onto another trail. Craig got off at the bus stop and ran even harder to try to catch up.

Continuing his chase he noticed a dropped Pokémon card and picked it up as he continued to ran. He saw Kristy heading for the nearby waterfall. It was then Craig knew she didn’t relize they were just around the bend. Craig hurried to try to stop Kristy. “Kristy wait! Stop!”

But then Kristy slipped and slid off the edge of the rockface next to the falls. However Craig leaped and caught her arm. Kristy started to scream but relized that Craig caught her. She looked up in tears and Craig held on with both arms.

“Tag. Your it!” Craig said. Kristy gave a faint laugh. Craig pulled hard and was able to pull her up. She brushed off the dirt from the slip while Craig nursed a scraped knee. Soon he felt a hug from Kristy.

“Thank you for saving me!”

Craig couldn’t say anything. They walked off and made it to the nearest bus stop. As the rode the bus back to Moraine Park, Kristy turned to Craig and asked him, “So did you have fun?”

“Yes I did, expect for the fact you almost committed suicide back there.”

Kristy giggled, “I guess I did take it too fast back there.”

Craig nodded his head, and relized that was what is problem. It didn’t matter how old he was or who he was. He had to be himself. Pokémon is fun no matter what. “And Pokémon is fun too.”

“See I had a feeling you would figure it out.”

“Oh I almost forgot, I think you dropped this.” Craig handed the Pokémon card to Kristy. Kristy was amazed to see she dropped a card out of her deck. After checking the deck for any other lost cards, which there were none, she put the deck back in her backpack.

“Whew. I almost lost my Gardevoir ex.” She then bit her lip relizing she split the beans on Craig.” But Craig only smiled to her reaction.

The sun slowly set on the mountains. Craig and Kristy enjoyed the view from the peak of Mt. Prospect as the sat and ate some popcorn. It was starting to get dark and the popcorn was almost gone, thanks to the nearby chipmunks.

“Well I guess its time I go home. I will need to sleep for tomorrow.” Kristy said.

“Same here. I too need to sleep for the Gym Challenge.”

Kristy got up and put on her jacket and backpack, but before she left she kissed Craig on the cheek then disappeared without a word. Craig touch his cheek, wondering if he would ever see her again. He pulled out his deck and look at the cards, then with a firm grip on them he made his decent in the next gondola car.

It was 11:00 a.m. and Craig was awake and refreshed for the tournament, his deck check and registration were complete and awaited for the first round parings to be posted. It didn’t take long and he noticed he was sitting at table number 21. He took his place, his opponent soon sat down across from him. Craig looked up to see a girl in her twenties with the same color hair and eyes as his own, smiling at him.

If you like what you see please, write and say so. There will be another chapter after I play in the Gym Challenge in Colorado Springs. So stay tuned.

Last edited:
HypnosProjectHQ said:
I can see this has some sort of sentimental value to you. Its pretty good! ;)

Now, is any of this true or not?
Well the story itself should not be considered a true story. It was only inspired based on some things (rather dark things) that have been going on in my life (especially the last two months). The story is kinda on a schedule and it will turn out as I participate in this year's premiere events. The main purpose of this story is just to let all of you see who I truly am in my life, note the title and the girl, Kristy, does have a secret importance in this whole thing. Guess to see if you can figure it out as the story progresses. Another thing to note, the name Craig is my real name and it is important my real name is used in this story.

Last edited:
HypnosProjectHQ said:
Ok. Thanks for answering to my post! ;)

Yea, its really good. Have you considered writing before?
Writing professionally? Not really. I consider writing stories just one of the many simple hobbies of mine.

Kristy? Hot? I imagined her to be a beautiful and kind person. I guess an inspiration for me to follow, and I still try to follow. I thought I was going to write additional chapters however I feel this is best where it is. This story is a riddle to everyone though. It tells about my life in person. Mysterious isn't it? Some things buried in this story I still struggle with in my life.

I think I can share that feeling. I love your story, and it's just the thing to get me psyched for the Houston Pre-release, which works really well. I wanna' thanky you for writing this, or I would be without an inspiration, kind of like you and Kristy. I started to wonder if it mattered I played or other things around there, but then common sense hit and half of it was from reading this. I give it 5 stars!

Okay I thought I wasn’t going to continue it but I changed my mind. This chapter tells about failure and the courage to overcome it. I thought I would write about the tournament, Colorado Gym Challenge itself, but that is not truly important. You will notice that it is a shorter chapter but it has it's important parts to it. This chapter also reveals Kristy a little more.

Craig buries his face in his hands. He just lost in the Semifinal match in the Gym Challenge. Kristy came close as well, but she didn’t make it into the cut. Craig couldn’t believe he came inches short of the win. A tear came to his eye because he knew his chances for Worlds were diminishing. Kristy couldn’t believe he lost too even after their great battle in the first round. However Craig refused to leave the table without give his congrats and good luck his opponent.

The opponent won the Gym Challenge. Craig and Kristy was amongst the last at the hotel, sunset turned Pikes Peak into a shining gold mountain. Both were sitting on the grass. They were both quiet as well. Countless thoughts ran through their head. Then Kristy finally broke the ice.

“Are you okay Craig?” Kristy asked.

“Oh, yeah. I lost but hey you gotta to have fun with it?”

“Gotta have fun with losing?”

“Um…no.” Craig said with a smirk. “Just have fun with the game otherwise you can’t play the game.”

“I see what you mean. The spirit of the game.”

“The what?” Craig asked.

“Spirit of the game. Remembering that the game itself is of the utmost importance. The prizes and titles, trying to win, sure we gotta shoot for those things, but I want to indulge myself into every battle. Live like a pokémon trainer in each game. My spirit greatly flows into it.”

“I guess mine does too. In fact when I faced off in my third round, I had to fight hard and think fast but I was wanting to have fun with the game. It ending in a bittersweet draw, and my opponent wasn’t happy.”

“Yeah but you just want to play the game and have fun. Besides that battle was really great though.”

"You think so?"

"Yeah the way you tried so desperatly to hold off his Ampharos ex with your Wobbuffets was tottally amaing! And you really held your own right to the end. I really thought you could go all the way."

"Thanks Kristy." Craig said with a smile. "You battled pretty good yourself."

"Hey it is just what I do." Kristy said with a giggle.

“So when do you have to go home?” Craig asked.

“It doesn’t matter I drove up here. You?”

“I drove up here too.”

“Let’s go get a bite to eat then.” Kristy said.

“Okay.”

Kristy and Craig took off and met at the local seafood restaurant. They each had a seafood platter and a bowl of clam chowder. They continued talking throughout the evening, discussing their plans for Nationals and the World Championship itself. Craig had set his vacation plans for Nationals, while Kristy was going to stay home for the time.

“So is National’s it for you then?” Kristy asked.

“Yeah I think so, it will be all on the line here.”

“You mean to retire as a professional player after this year.”

“Perhaps, I haven’t decided yet.”

“I don’t think you should. You are too good to simply stand on the sidelines judging or what not. You belong in the chair, with your deck.”

Craig looked at Kristy, her eyes showed a sign of seriousness but a light of compassion. Craig realized there was something about her that he remembered. An old dream? Who was she?

"Well I guess it is time for us to go to bed." Kristy said.

"Yeah, I have to go all the way back to Fort Collins tonight." Kristy raised her head for a moment when she heard Craig's statement, wondering if she should say something.

"You are really special Craig. You are a great Pokemon trainer."

Craig smiled, "I haven't heard something like that in a long time, ever since..."

"What? Ever since what?" Kristy asked.

"Never mind."

Craig and Kristy said their farewells and started to head home. The night was getting dark and the weather was becoming ugly. Kristy and Craig started to take the long dark road home. Rain started to fall when they closed in on Castle Rock. I-25 was packed with aggressive drivers. It took forever to clear the heavy traffic of Denver.

Craig safely made it pass the northern border of the Denver metro area, he looked about however, Kristy’s compact was no where in sight. Craig figured she must live in the Denver Metro Area. He safely made it the rest of the way home.

It was still raining at his house in Fort Collins, he slowly unloaded his things from the trunk. When he came to close his trunk, he walked out onto the street and he looked to the mountains, barely visible in the darkness. With a deep breath he wondered if he was going to see Kristy again.

Soon a car quickly turned around the corner speeding towards him, Craig barely had time to look. However he was pushed aside by someone. The shove sent him into the pavement, knocking his head hard. The car continued its way honking its horn and disturbing the neighbor’s rest.

Craig was slipping out cold. He couldn’t see a thing. However before he fell unconscious he heard a voice cry out. “Craig! Craig!”

The next morning he awoke to find himself in bed. He looked around his room and saw nothing out of the ordinary. However a pounding bump on his head reminded him of what had happened. He wondered how he got back into the house but soon he saw a note on top of his alarm clock. Upon reading it, Craig smiled and greeting the morning with happiness and a bright future.

I hope you are okay, thankfully were closer than you think.

Last edited:
That was amazing!! I'm blown away yet again Myst. I'm really happy you continued writing it, because I wanted to know what happened. I knew that I could continue it in my head, but that just wasn't the same. Thank you. Yeah, I'm thanking you for writing it, ain't that strange? Anyway, you really know how to capture the characters in all ways. It reminds me a whole lot of myself. I like the "other" Kristy, the one Craig thinks he knows. It adds a lot more flesh to it all. This story is the best one I've read next to Thoughts of Hitmonchan, they've tied at #1. Keep up the amazing work.

Last edited:
Well here is the latest chapter. We take place a few days after the National Championship where Craig is back in Colorado.

It was a usually foggy day in the Colorado Rockies. Craig was traveling through the mountains. Wandering in sadness, but not in his miserable loss at Nationals but in something else. Like the twisted and complex were the roads of the mountains, so was his heart. Like the fog that thicken his path, his mind was thicken with confusion. He stopped at Nederland. It was place where his thoughts could flow.

On the bridge over the small river which poured into the reservoir of Nederland. In this hands, a cup of coffee, at his side his tote bag which contained his drawing materials. He looked down at the river, water slowly passed downstream. A tear started to flow from his eye.

“You look terrible.” A familiar voice said. Craig turned around to see Kristy. She looked at Craig with a faint smile, but her eyes showed sadness as well.

“Hello Kristy.”

“How was the National Championship?”

Craig shook his head and said, “Not well. I didn’t do very good.”

“Oh, I am sorry.”

“Don’t be. Loss doesn’t matter. I just wish the whole event could have gone better. It just didn’t have the flavor of a Pokémon tournament.”

“Really? That is a bummer.”

Kristy and Craig went to the café where Craig got his coffee. Kristy got herself a drink as well. They sat down, just in time to because rain started to fall from the clouds that blanketed the mountains. Craig described the event to Kristy and the other fun times he had at Origins. However Kristy was able to see in Craig he was hiding something.

“Craig, are you all right? I don’t think anything happened to you at Origins, but is everything all right?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Ever since I met you back at Moraine, old memories have risen. Memories I would hope I would forget. I kept the note you left me. When you said were closer than you think. I am starting to think that you didn’t mean by where we live.”

“Your right. I found someone I know. Someone I always knew. We are alike. I don’t know why, but we are.”

“Are you like me?” Craig asked. “Weary from trying to decide who the heck he is.”

“I know what you mean. For a long time myself I have fought trying to decide who I am as well. It sounds crazy, but I am lost.”

“Lost?”

“Let’s not talk about this. I am sorry. I just wanted to make you feel better.”

“Its okay.”

Craig took hold of Kristy’s hand. For a moment he felt something he had never felt before. He felt complete as if she was apart of him. She looked at him the same way. Both went silent. They remained silent for some time. Kristy finally broke the silence.

“Hey, how about a battle?”

This took Craig by surprise. Soon Kristy pulled out a deck, so Craig decided ‘why not?’ He pulled out his deck from his tote as well. Soon a battle between the two was well underway. The battle started in Kristy’s favor as she won the coin toss. She sent out Dunsprace with no Bench to follow, which didn’t matter. Craig started with a Wynaut and a Jirachi.

Kristy got Dunsparce energized and as expected used Strike and Run. She pulled out a couple of Beldums and a Clamperl. She did not switch Dunsparce though. Craig knew this was going to be a tough battle as he was using the same kind of deck she was using. Craig started with a Psychic Energy on Wynaut and called a Beldum into his own hand.

Kristy’s turn followed by first using the Beldum’s Magnetic Call Poké-Power which was successful, Kristy brought out Jirachi of her own, she tried again with the second Beldum, but it failed. She then used her first supporter, Professor Elm’s Training Method. A Gorebyss appeared from her deck. She instantly evolved her Clamperl with it. She then retreated Dunsparce and sent out her Jirachi but not without equipping it with a Metal energy first. She then used Jirachi’s Make a Wish to make one of her Beldum’s a Metang.

Craig’s turn was a little different. First he got another Psychic energy on Wynaut. He then played Beldum into his hand. He used Magnetic Call himself and managed a chain of Magnetic call to bring out two more Beldum’s and a Jirachi of his own. He then played Professor Oak’s Research to dig out a Clamperl of his own.

“Hmm. I guess I can see where this is going.” Kristy said and Craig laughed in reply.

Kristy started her third turn continuing to build up her team. Energizing Metang and changing her other Beldum into Metang. The confrontation would be a full on clash. Both sides were waiting to make their move. Soon Kristy and Craig both had two ready to go Metagross and each had a Gorebyss on the sidelines. Craig was thinking he might have an advantage with his charged Wobbufett but Kristy was ready to withdraw her Jirachi. Kristy then pulled off a nasty surprise. She played a Warp Point. ‘No not now!’ Craig thought. He decided to send out his Jirachi as a road block. She sent out the first of two Metagross. Metagross was equipped with a psychic and two metal. She then pulled out another nasty surprise. She played Pokémon Reversal. Craig took a deep breath. She flipped her Jirachi coin. Craig waited in excitement.

The coin landed heads. Craig was stunned, his stronger Metagross was pulled out. His first Metagross was also equipped with two metal. No matter the case. A perfect spread of heads was needed to take it out. Her lucked continued as she attacked, three coins landed heads. She was ready to flip the fourth. Craig took a deep breath again. The coin flew in the air and landed heads.

Craig retaliated with his second metagross. But only snagged one heads resulting in ten damage. The game continued in Kristy’s favor the whole way. Craig only took out the first Metagross but not without losing greatly. It was a landslide despite both players strong fields. Kristy won the match.

Craig fell back in his chair. “Wow, how did you do it?”

“That was pretty well luck. It really could have gone either way. We both started great.”

“Yeah I know, it was a great match.”

Kristy and Craig left the café and took a walk in the local park. The rain finally stopped. They continued their talks, Craig told Kristy how he was going to Worlds as a judge. Kristy was excited for him. Soon they sat down in the swings, and watch some children played in the play set near them. Soon however they heard a growl from the bushes on the border of the park. Kristy and Craig got up and walked to the bushes.

It was a moment notice when a mountain lion emerged from the dark shadows. Craig held his breath while Kristy gasped in shock.

“Oh my…” Kristy whispered.

“Don’t be afraid.” Craig said.

“What about the children behind us?”

“Oh no.” Craig thought for a moment. The children saw the lion and there parents picked them up and started running. “Don’t move!” Craig shouted but to no avail.

“Craig, the lion!” Kristy said. The mountain lion started to work around them to the parents.

“Oh no… move!”

Kristy and Craig blocked the lion’s path, the lion stepped back, roaring and licking it’s teeth. Craig shouted and waved his arms while Kristy did the same. They started to intimidate the lion. It started to back off. Soon a police crusier charged onto the playground and the sirens scared the cat into the shadowy bushes from which it came.

After a talk with the police and calling the forest service, Craig and Kristy soon decided to take part once again. Both headed home. Craig once in bed, laid back staring at the roof. Wondering who Kristy is. What secret was she hiding. Was her secret also his own?

Saiyan Raichu also I know how much it must sound like that this must be kid friendly so please just don't.Myst wow I am totaly agreeing with Kasonova on this one you actualy tied with Adv1sor you should be proud.

Super Sayian, try reading the story and also my comment replies very carefully and you learn the true relationship between the two characters. I can say this freely, it is definatly not what you think.

I would like to thank you for all of your comments on the story so far. I also hope you all liked the Pokemon TCG battle I written out in this chapter as I still wanted to make this a fun Pokemon story at the same time. You might also notice the unusual events of near death disaters for both characters in all three chapters so far, these events are based on things I deal with all the time where I live. Sure I never really encountered a mountain lion in the wild, nor jumped off a cliff to save another, however I have had alot of close brushes with death with the last few months (especially with cars).

So basically as you can tell, I am trying to put in as much about me into this story as possible so that you all can learn who I really am. Part Four is in the works which is based on the day before I went to this year's World Championship as a judge. The next part after that will take place after Worlds which will also be the last part to my story. I have some exciting things coming, along the with the entire reason I ever wrote this but I am not going to spoil it right now.

Last edited:
Don't don't spoil it.I love it when you leave it and post.Your storys are great.Talking about what will happen before it happened just insn't fun.Kinda like Spoilers.Now I no the whole Deoxys set you can't resist spoilers and you find out when you don't want to to.

Ha surprise, as I said this part was in the works when I wrote my reply and I got done this very night. This chapter starts revealing the secret both characters share on a stormy evening in Northern Colorado. This will also explain in full detail, why I love Pokémon so much.

Craig got out of his C-DOT truck around three ‘o clock. He was totally soaked in the heavy rain, despite the protection of his poncho. Thunder continued to rumble in the distance as he unloaded his things from the truck into his car. Soon he was able to head home, drying off with his car’s heater. It was an antagonizing day as tomorrow he would be heading for Orlando for the World Championship.

He couldn’t stop feeling a little bit worried. This rain was totally undesirable for air travel. If it continued, his flight could be canceled tomorrow morning. However he convinced himself to get his mind on other things. He knew he would be busy packing, trying desperately to stuff this Pokémon cards into his luggage. That was a life long challenge itself.

He was also occupied with other things in his mind. Things he wished he could simply ignore like the bad weather. Craig hadn’t slept peacefully ever since his last meeting with Kristy. So many things from the past has come back to haunt them, things he wished he could forgot so long ago.

“I guess I can never deny my own heart, can I?” Craig asked himself.

He drove home through the pouring rain. He started to pack for a while but decided to get one last decent meal because he figured it would be the last for five days. He went to his favorite place, Noodles and Company. Craig ordered his favorite meal and sat down next to a window, streaked with water. He was about to start when all of a sudden a voice from nowhere asked him something.

“Is this seat taken?”

“Kristy! Um…no. Please sit down.”

It was to Craig’s surprise Kristy had the same meal on her side. They started to eat together and began discussing Craig’s plans for Worlds. They were close to finishing when Kristy decided to change the subject.

“So how have you been lately?”

“Me?” Craig said with a shudder. “Um…good.”

“Are you sure? You seem depressed or stressed about something. Something very important. Ever since I met you, I can feel this. However you are more strongly affected it seems.”

“You are right there is something on my mind a lot these days.” Craig replied. “A few years ago just before I started playing Pokémon. I started to deal with a problem that hasn’t left me since. I have an element about me that different from everyone else.”

“An element?”

“Yes, I wish I could say, but I really don’t know how to describe it. I would feel better if I could be rid of this feeling, but I can’t. If anything I would say, I feel incomplete in my life or I don’t have a sense of purpose. I also don’t feel comfortable discussing it in public.”

“That is okay. I have my secrets too I guess, that I why I feel so comfortable around you.” Kristy said. “Like you I am not too crazy about saying anything here.”

“I can say this. Pokémon has been the one thing that has been able to keep me going through all my tough times.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.” Craig said with a smile. “I first got into Pokémon when I played the Red Version back in 1999. I really didn’t know anything at all but I learned a lot within my first few days. The game showed me a long mission to do, to catch all the Pokémon and train them for battles against other trainers. Overall, become a Pokémon Master.”

“Ever since, I learned so much from Pokémon. It has given a purpose in life. I became enveloped with the TV series. I would root Ash on as he caught new Pokémon and earned Gym badges. I started my own TCG collection. Earning cards and badges as I went along with life. Most importantly, earned new friends…like you.”

Kristy smiled brightly and after a brief moment she stretched across the table and hug Craig.

“The reason are the same for me too.” Kristy said. “I think we are true Pokémon trainers.” She paused for a moment. “I have an idea.”

“What?”

“We should met more privately after you get back from Worlds. There is something I want to tell you.”

“Okay where?” Craig asked.

“Roland Moore Park. At the playground. Meet me there in the evening say at 6:00 p.m.”

Craig shook his head, “Okay, let’s do that.”

The night passed quickly and Craig’s alarm started its annoying blare at 4:00 a.m. Craig quickly got this things packed into the car. As Craig feared it was raining horribly. He soon was on I-25 heading for Denver International Airport. The drivers around him speed through the dangerous and drenched roads. Craig was scared to the bone, as he doesn’t like to drive through this weather.

Soon he approached the Dacano exit. Where starting there and going for five miles, a extensive construction project had closed off the shoulders leaving the highway a deadly gutter for cars. Craig had driven through this stretch of interstate before and knows the traffic is very dangerous, ignoring the 55 speed limit. However he greatly feared it with the blackness of night and the terrible weather to make matters worse. However, he did not stop or detour.

As he predicted drivers still dangerously pushed 75 through the corridors, Craig felt like he was in a gauntlet where cars where projectiles coming right at him from almost all directions. However he stuck to his cool and managed the first four miles. Soon signs for the last exit started to pass by, meaning he was nearly out of the cone zone. However a semi truck who was along side him in the left lane started to merge in the right. Craig started to panic however quickly got on his horn in the nick of time. The semi pull off of his lane.

Craig shed a tear not wanting to take more of this stress. He thought the weather was going to kill him if he didn’t turn back. However he remembered that this was his life, he just can’t give up. So he pushed on. He immediately got onto the E-470 tollway. A sigh of relief came along with the first signs of sunlight. Soon he was at DIA and then on his plane to the greatest Pokémon tournament of all time.

Wow great story!It's so cool I love pokemon alot and at a time it was the only thing I even cared about.I always thought I couldn't duy not with pokemon aroung plus at such a young age.It's the same thing with me pokemon HAS proven a living.I think this is one of the best chapters.

This is it everyone. This saga comes to a close but I have a couple of new stories in the works. I would like to thank everyone who read my story, your passion for it has kept it going.

Craig walked out of his house. He had his favorite vest on, along with a new deck and his coin and counters, in case Kristy challenged him again. He also took along a Tropical Wind promo card along to give to Kristy. He thought she would like that. He really got himself ready this time. For what though? He did not know.

It was only a half of a kilometer to the park from his house. He got on Spring Creek Trail and enjoyed the time getting there. He heard birds singing their evening songs. He pulled out his deck and quickly reviewed it to make sure everything was in place. He then decided to cut across the meadow to make it to the park.

He got to the play area of the park. Some kids were swinging in the nearby swing set and others were playing tag in the human maze that been there ever since he was a baby. He then went under the bike trail bridge to the second park. There he saw Kristy, swinging alone on the second swing set.

“Craig!” Kristy called out. Craig ran over to Kristy. “I am so glad you could make it. How was the World Championship?”

“Oh it was so great! I wish you were there. Even though I was just a judge I had so much fun. I met a lot of new friends, watching some amazing battles, and got a lot of cool stuff!”

“Wow it sounds like you had a great time.”

“Yeah. Oh that reminds me this is for you.” Craig handed Kristy the promo card.

“Oh wow. Is this the Worlds Promo?”

“Yes it is. It wasn’t the Metagross like we thought.” Craig replied.

“That is alright.” Kristy said. “I like this card. So tell me all what you did at Worlds.”

Craig and Kristy sat down on the hillside. Craig told Kristy in full detail all that he did at Worlds. He talked about the main event. Some the crazy things that happened there. However he especially focused on the things that he had fun with like the Friday Night Party he got to see for a moment, along with the times at Pokémon Rocks America. He told Kristy about many of the things he got in Orlando as well.

“Basically it was the best time I had in a long time!” Craig said.

“That is so great. Oh you are going to try harder to qualify next year huh?”

“Yeah, judging is fun. But I would loved to be a player in the World Championship. There was too much fun for them.”

“I know we all can do our best!” Kristy said. After a pause she spoke up again. “Hey is that a new deck?” She noticed the deck on Craig’s new belt deck carrier.

“Yes it is.” Craig said.

“Oh wow. We got to battle again then.” Kristy said.

“Okay.”

This battle was far different from their previous two matches. This time Craig was using a revised Gardevoir deck while Kristy was going totally new with a Team Magma deck. The battle started in both players favor again. Craig won the toss this time. He got a Gardevoir, a Gardevoir ex, and a Wobbuffet up and running. While Kristy got a Team Mamga’s arsenal of Aggron, Groundon, and Camerupt running.

The clashes were hard as both players landed hits knock each other out with good direct damage. Craig had to burn through three Boost Energy sacrificing two Gardevoir exs and a Gardevoir. While Kristy was being battered losing TM Camerupt, TM Aggron, and two TM Groudon. Both were 1 prize left. Craig was totally out of options with his unretreatable Wobbuffet out as the active.

‘If I use my last boost to attack my, Wobbuffet will be knocked out as well as her Larion.’ Craig thought. ‘But there is no way I can win either. Oh well.’

Craig made his 70 damaged Wobbuffet do Flip over and the game ending in a draw. Kristy was stunned. She couldn’t believe Craig pull off a standoff in the end. However she didn’t want to go to sudden death.

“That was too fun!” Kristy said with a tear.

“Yeah that was my best battle ever.” Craig replied.

They cleaned up their game and sat back down in the grass. They talked about the match a little longer however things so got quiet. The sun started to set on the mountains and the sky turned bright gold. Kristy finally broke the silence.

“So do you know why I wanted to see you in private?”

“No. I really don’t.” Craig replied.

“That is all right. Basically I have wanted to tell you something ever since Gym Challenge. It took a lot of courage to get up to this point.”

“What have you wanted to tell me?”

“I don’t know how to start really.” Kristy said with a saddened giggle. “For such a long time now, I know you have been struggling with a deep personal wound in your heart. A secret that risks your life every day.”

When Craig heard this he was stunned. He couldn’t believe that she knew him longer and even knew the existence of his secret. He was totally speechless.

“How do you know? It doesn’t seem possible we have met before.”

“But we have and I have known you for over five years now. I finally had to come to you because you are at wits end about this. I simply can’t stand aside and watch you wreck your life. Craig you are what your heart tells you.”

“You understand what I have gone through for all of these years now, even before I started playing Pokémon?”

“Yes I do.” Kristy took hold of Craig’s hand. “And I know you will become who you are meant to be and you will be a Pokémon Master. Don’t ever let go of this. Pokémon is what you do best, there is no question.”

“Kristy…” Craig started to talk but went mute. A tear started to shed. Kristy lunged for Craig. They hugged for some time. Craig never felt so complete yet so empty, he knew that Kristy was apart of him because she always was him. He closed his eyes tight.

Craig opened his eyes to see the ceiling of his room. He jumped up from his bed disorientated and confused. He looked to his alarm clock which was buzzing. It was 4 in the morning. He turned the backlight to his watch on and saw that it was the 15th of May. It was the morning of Gym Challenge.

“It was all a dream.” Craig said to himself. He paused for a moment. “Or was it? It felt so real but it is all clear to me now. I know what I have to do.”

Craig got up and quickly dressed. He got into his car which was already packed up and headed for Colorado Springs. The sun rose and it was going to be a beautiful day in Colorado.

There are many things about me people will never know about, however you all might now have some insight into some of those things. In my very roots I am a Pokémon Trainer. I am going to do even better this year as a Trainer and as a Professor and Tournament Organizer. I don’t know what is to come but I know the future is bright.

Myst...This is the best chapter ever!You know I'm going to have to say your as good as Adv1sor we all know and possibly better then him.Okay well maybe the same but that was a very cool chapter Myst.Congrats ona good fic.

Back