Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The New Metagame

Dante63s

HP-ON-THE NEW METAGAME

A lot of things leave in the next month, lots of decks are gone, the only decks that play Delta Pokémon's that stays in the format are R-Gon and Raieggs, ans with out the Holon Engine they louse the power they had, Raieggs, i say it has no Chase with out Curse Stone, drop that deck, and R.Gon might have a chance in the new format but its hard to setup.
Rhyperior with out Compassion you will end up short decking your opponent, strike out.

The Decks that leave the format:

Absolutios
Destiny
LudiCargo
Metanite
Bandoom
SpeedBam
Electinite
MSN
Megalix
Flariados
Sallygros
Sallygon
Mewtrick
Szisor Variants
EeveeVolutios Variants
Super Stanler
Rhyperior (My Opinion)
Raieggs (My Opinion)
Ambush (Only Marowak rotates)
etc...

DX, EM, UF, DS and LM are leaving plus some Pop sets also leave the format so now that almost all the decks rotate what will be the new Archetypes???

InferCatty
R-Gon
Empoleon Variants
Lucario Variants
Torterra/Vespiqueen
Mario

The main trainers also leave. The best ever, the Holon Engine rotate almost completely, only Holon Mentor stays, the best one to keep if i had to choose, what will take the Holon Engine place? Castaway, Scott?

And what will happen to that Holon Castform? Only one or two decks might play it, and with Riolu and Machop, you would not want to start with a lonely Holon Castform, i play tested Budew a lot and its not that good, in many cases you will not have anything to get out of your deck that helps, Stanler DP3 (same attack of Budew but only Supporters) has more potential.

Delcatty PK now this card has a lot of potential in Hp-On, before you now it you have 10-20 cards in your hand just like what Castform did, but its a stage 1 and Battle Frontier shuts you down so does Cessation, so Windstorm is really important, plus you have the EX version that is really good too, so i would expect them.

Another deck i saw people talking about was one with: Empoleon Lv.X, Galactic bet (paper, rock, scissors), Umbreon star and the evolution of Aipom (that does 80 Damage unless your opponent discards 2 cards)
So you could leave your opponent with no hand (if you win the rock, paper, scissors).

So what is your opinion of the New Metagame?

Pd: Would be nice to add pictures!

I think Garchomp will see a fair bit of play.

The game without Holon engine will just be too slow, catty will be big in alot of decks (maybe even catty/magneton will come back) and because of the lack of ex's and over use of castaway so many tools will see alot more play which means Windstorm is staple in nearly all decks.

I personally feel Lucario's speed/abuse of CC will be too good, and if a better supporting pokemon (other than Machamp although Machamp is good) comes along it'll dominate.

Also Shiftry decks will have alot of potential, but what to go with? No-one will be playing delta pokes so no need for likitung d anymore.

Garchomp want see play as long as crystal shard is still in the next format so not likely...

First of all it's only 30 more damage. Second of all most people only play 1 crystal shard in a deck.

So yes, likely.

Also with Garchomp Lvl .X:

Garchomp Lv.X - Colorless - 140 HP
Poke-Power: Dragon Pulse - You can use this Power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand to Level-Up a Pokemon. Flip 3 coins. For each heads, place 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

[.] Rebirth: Search your discard pile for a Pokemon card (excluding Pokemon Lv.X), and play it on your Bench as a Basic Pokemon. Then, you may search your discard pile for 3 Basic Energy cards and attach them to that Pokemon.

It's even more likely.

Garchop Lvl X is a cards with a lot of options, rebember you could get a Flygon ex DF with 3 energys. But crystal shard K.O. Garchop lv. X only hitting 70 damage.

whats this about, i had one of these up and no one cared. any way just take the necessary information from mine and add it to yours. pm me if you need help.

I think Garchomp will see a fair bit of play.

The game without Holon engine will just be too slow, catty will be big in alot of decks (maybe even catty/magneton will come back) and because of the lack of ex's and over use of castaway so many tools will see alot more play which means Windstorm is staple in nearly all decks.

I personally feel Lucario's speed/abuse of CC will be too good, and if a better supporting pokemon (other than Machamp although Machamp is good) comes along it'll dominate.

Also Shiftry decks will have alot of potential, but what to go with? No-one will be playing delta pokes so no need for likitung d anymore.

Empoleon? The new Ampharos/ Anything that spreads damage can support it efficently, though the clash between the different nrg types may be a problem.

First of all it's only 30 more damage. Second of all most people only play 1 crystal shard in a deck.

So yes, likely.

Also with Garchomp Lvl .X:

Garchomp Lv.X - Colorless - 140 HP
Poke-Power: Dragon Pulse - You can use this Power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand to Level-Up a Pokemon. Flip 3 coins. For each heads, place 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

[.] Rebirth: Search your discard pile for a Pokemon card (excluding Pokemon Lv.X), and play it on your Bench as a Basic Pokemon. Then, you may search your discard pile for 3 Basic Energy cards and attach them to that Pokemon.

It's even more likely.

So weird. That attck is essentially what my idea for a level X mewtwo had(except discard pile instead). Also before Shiftry EX PK came out, I made a star card with a skill hack kind of attack.

My fake cards predict the future of Pokemans :eek:

I havent posted in ages so, hmmm. I think garchomp has a good chance I thought it was 40 more damage i mean 3 for 100 or 110 is great

Last edited by a moderator:
Jokerboi, since I can't currently see what the site you mentioned shows, please edit it out of your post. Outside links are not allowed. If you have a problem with this, please take it up with one of the admins after the weekend.

IMO
Lucario Varients (Mario etc.)
Speed Machamp
T2 Kricketune

are gonna be the decks that will set a standard for any speed based decks out there.
All of these decks are EXTREMELY fast and viable.
Only time will tell though.

Back