~The Offcial "OMG ITS OVERPLAYED" Topic~

DarkJake

Ok I'm tired of seeing these topics:

OMG DUNSPARCE IS OVERPLAYED PLAY SOMETHINESLE

or

OMG JIRACHI " "

or

OMG XYZ " "

k discuss it here and I will tell u why its good if u cant realise urself rather than making x100 topics like dis and gettin flamed.

we just need one. ;xx

I don't think any card is overplayed. If it fits in your deck, run it. If it's unnecessary don't. It's simple.

However, some people are unsure about that, and that's why we have the deck help forum.

Now a deck being overrated, is another matter. -_-

i think jumpluff/gorebyss/pidgeot was overrated for awhile. than ppl realised rock lock didnt suck and JGP started losin BADLY.

Here are a few catergories I came up with to sort decks/cards by.

SDT-Self-destructing Takeoff-Never had a chance, but talked about, such as Slaking, etc.

T-Trying-Becomes popular slowly, such as LudiCargo(didn't see too many threads of it until after a few weeks after DX was released. Then, BAM!, there were 20 threads of them).

EHTP-Everyone Has To Play-Speeds off immediately. Stays popular for at least one set, if not more, such as Blaze, Gardy(long ago, somewhat renewed), Rock-Lock, Dark Heart, etc. and cards such as Pidgeot and Dunsparce.

Last edited:
Jared WTH are you talking about. Sorry kiddies, I'm not farmiliar w/ lingo names of bad decks. =\

plz LMK what pokemon r in it. and I doubt they're overrated if I dunno what they are.

Last edited:
DarkJake said:
i think jumpluff/gorebyss/pidgeot was overrated for awhile. than ppl realised rock lock didnt suck and JGP started losin BADLY.

I wasn't aware jumpluff/gorebyss even got big elsewhere. @_@

Last edited:
Shiloh Phoenix said:
It won the oklahoma 11-14 states...beat my draggy with this kid who got frickin' 28 heads in a row. I'm not kidding.
Rigged coin! I knew of someone who got, what was it, 20-40 something heads on scareyface at a EM prerelease. I don't remember the exact number but still.

The odds of getting 28 heads in a row are 0.00000037252902984619140625%. So yeah, there's a pretty good (99.99999962747097015380859375%) chance it was rigged. Was it an actual coin?

this looks like trolling /spam.

there aren't any OMG topics running apart from this one!

btw the odds of getting 28 heads in a row are tiny before you start flipping. The improve to 50% by the time you get to the 28th flip!

Last edited:
I'd rather have a topic about UNDERused cards, like Sandstorm Zangoose. It's Colorless, so it's anti-Dragon. It's pretty fast with Blaze or Gardy. It can OHKO a Dark Draggy or a Dragon Wind Salamence. It's at least got a cheap 1st attack that you could use if nothing else(and hey! An added benifit aginst Seviper, if anyone used Seviper at all...)

Meh, while we're on the subject tho, Dunsparce is the most overplayed IMO. We should put the "dunce" back in Dunsparce:tongue:

NoPoke said:
this looks like trolling /spam.

there aren't any OMG topics running apart from this one!

btw the odds of getting 28 heads in a row are tiny before you start flipping. The improve to 50% by the time you get to the 28th flip!

Hey mini-mod; why dont u contribute instead of postin bull. kthxbi

there used to b like 20 runing around. lol =\

erm maybe you should re-read the bit on flipping.... and used to be threads dont need ressurecting.

links to the 20 OMG threads would of course have me apollogising..... ;) or even the x100 that you initially refer too.

Metagross_Ex said:
Rare candy has to be overplayed. Almost every deck plays a set of 4.
IMO, trainers can't be "overplayed". Trainers are there for ppl to use whatever they need, so lots of ppl need RC. I think this topic only applies to Pokemon, since they're the creatures and all.

I dont think Dk.Draggy was overated. It is an amazing deck if played correctly. It is fast, it has the ability to do big damage and it can be on the ropes but still recover!The usual reason that a card is overplayed is that it IS good. If a card annoys you because it is overplayed/overated then just tech against it. The card that will probably get slated for being overused next is likely to be Battle Frontier but the smart players will get around it with Scott/ Magcargo/ other stadiums. Dont follow the herd- think outside the box!!

TheGame said:
I dont think Dk.Draggy was overated. It is an amazing deck if played correctly. It is fast, it has the ability to do big damage and it can be on the ropes but still recover!The usual reason that a card is overplayed is that it IS good. If a card annoys you because it is overplayed/overated then just tech against it. The card that will probably get slated for being overused next is likely to be Battle Frontier but the smart players will get around it with Scott/ Magcargo/ other stadiums. Dont follow the herd- think outside the box!!
Overplayed and overrated are two very different things. Dark draggy is a great card/deck, not overrated at all, but it's waaay too overplayed. Ppl are still hanging on to it even after Battle Frontier for some reson.

Why isn't there more of a variety of Pokemon in decks out there? Why isn't the "good" Pokemon used differently in each deck? *sigh* I'll never understand them...

Back