Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Perfect Card

Thunder

[I'm not sure if this belongs here, or in create-a-card, or somewhere else entirely. Sorry if I guessed wrong.]

I'd like to discuss for a moment, what card would absolutely destroy everything out there in today's metagame. Not a card that exists, a card that, lets say, was released as a promo, and had the right combination of attacks, powers, and bodies, to just blow the metagame away.

So if we could create the perfect card, but keep it balanced, and not use any rediculous attacks like knock out every card named claydol on the field, I think it could really shed some light on the metagame.

First of all, with machamp and mewtwo, I think that it being an evolved pokemon is a given.

Traits:
Evolved

Let's just continue on like this, and keep on fixing and refining this card, until we have our champion! Try to keep things reasonable though.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a basic pokemon if it has a built in Unown G Poke-Body, kind of like Toxicroak G.

I think it would have to be an SP Pokemon, with this kind of Poke-Body, and I'm gonna go ahead and say it will be psychic to one shot Machamp. To counter Gengar, it would have to have some kind of poison effect, or do damage in the form of damage counters. Not sure how it would counter SP though.

Dang, my card sounds like ToxiTank.

/facepalm

Toxicroak G LV. X 110 HP [P]

PokePower:Toxic Presence
Once per turn you may use this power. Your Opponent's active Pokemon is now Poisoned. Place an extra damage counter in between turns for Poison. As long as the Defending Pokemon remains Poisoned by this power, that Pokemon does 30 additional damage to all attacks (After Weakness and resistance).

[P][P][C] Toxin Amplifier

If the Defending Pokemon is poisoned, place one additional damage counter on it in between turns. (This stacks after every use of this attack). This attack's effect is not affected by anything that prevents effects of attacks.

Weakness:[P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Thankfully, this isn't going to happen.

If it was an SP pokemon, wouldn't Mewtwo LV.X just wall it? Also, relying on Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies is tricky, because Gengar and Dialga G LV.X take care of those very well.

If it was an SP pokemon, wouldn't Mewtwo LV.X just wall it? Also, relying on Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies is tricky, because Gengar and Dialga G LV.X take care of those very well.

Toxicroak G LV. X 110 HP [P]

If the Defending Pokemon is poisoned, place one additional damage counter on it in between turns. (This stacks after every use of this attack). This attack's effect is not affected by anything that prevents effects of attacks.

Weakness:[P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Thankfully, this isn't going to happen.

Also, DGX wouldn't stop Croaks Body

You should check out the "CREATE-A-CARD" section of Pokegym.

There are some AMAZING ideas there. The creativity that some of our members have would blow your mind.

Anyway, I think an absolutely broken card would be Mr. Mime with a beast attack, a free retreat, and a reworded body so that neither damage nor effects can be rendered to him by any pokemon that has FOUR or less energy attached.

That would completely break the format.

Attack would be something like:

P Mind Blast -- 60
This attack is not affected by weakness, resistance, or any other effects on the defending pokemon.

no weakness -20 dark resistance and free retreat

I'd never build another deck other than this one ... ever again.

Wow. that would totally break the format, you're right.

Breaking it down, I think the things about it that would make it so good would be the following:

Basic pokemon. Fast to set up, no evolution required.

Baby stage. If you're playing against machamp or Mewtwo LV.X, just play the baby first, both are searchable by Roseanne's, and you don't have to wait a turn.

No attacks from pokemon with 4 energy or less is broken. seriously. wow. my god. unless you're playing T-Tar, Flygon, or sceptile, you have to power up for 5 turns before you can start attacking O.O, by which time, Mr. Mime will have dealt 300 DAMAGE! Dialga G LV.X gets around this though, and resists it, so it's probably not invincible...

1 energy for an unchangable 60? WOW. Not only are you slowing down the opponent, you're crazy-fast yourself.

no weakness, always good.

resistance is good.

free retreat, though I don't see why you'd want to retreat this guy ever, is always a plus.

So, basically, Basic with a baby stage, slows down the opponent, really fast yourself. Obviously, this card is a bit broken, but if we could take that and tone it down some, and take it the extreme, we might get an idea of a really good non-broken card.

Back