Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

the price is right?

cattdreams

I'm just curious, On average, what do all you leauge leaders spend per session at your league location. and how much do you think your members spend per session?

I personally spend only about 5-10 bucks per session, and to tell the truth, with the exception of new players that need a few odds and ends, I almost never see any of our players buy anything. And that's the way it's been at all of the leauges I've gone to for many differant games.

-CattDreams

I used to buy alot at old TRU league, since packs weren't part of the winning premium, now im one of the top local players, so I usually get 3 or more packs, I rarely buy any packs, unless of course it's something like the EX Trainer Kit, which I plan on buying (for the promos).

I haven't bought anything not on sale in a long time. All of my cards from the Ecard series onwards are won from various tournaments, most notably the HL pre, where my cousins each got 2nd, giving me 1.5 boxes in the end...

Where we have our league, the store stopped ordering Pokemon product over a year ago. BC I wanted ALL our kids to have new product, I arranged to buy boxes of product and pass them on to the kids at basically my price ($2.50/pack) The management said they had no problem w/ me bringing the product. On a normal weekend, I will sell close to 1 box of product to the kids. Some buy alot, some buy little and some buy zero. We average 12-18 kids a saturday.

Cat, therein lies one of the problems stores have with people. The majority come in, for league or whatever, and don`t buy anything.

People need to support their local stores. It`s the least you can do. This doesn`t mean you have to buy every single time your there, but buying store product is a good way to show "thanks for having a place for me to have fun". Comic/gaming stores aren`t the most profitable places and can use all the help they can get. The alternative is for the place to go out of business and then what are you going to do... no place to play anymore.

`Sensei

One of the problems I have is that the store where I play is primarily a comics store, with a small assortment of games as secondary merchandise. They normally don't stock binder pages, deck sleeves (at least not my favorite brand), or even Pokemon boosters unless I ask him in advance to get some from his distributor.

That's fine and I really like working with the store owner and want to support him wholeheartedly, but it does make it a bit difficult for the league members when there isn't a good selection of stuff they want to buy.

My $0.02,
- CHRISBO

Last edited:
In my experience at 3rd planet, tho' PKMN is not their premier brand, that Comic Book/Game/Card store sells a bunch of cards every week to the kids. They have a 'members list' that gets merchandise credits for those who are on it when they buy. I think the players like that.

Back