Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

the raichu d bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkwarrior

BAHHHHHHHHH!!

People are sheep.

If you look at the trade thread, everyone HAS TO HAVE a raichu d. It was like that with Flareon ex, Steelix ex, Lugia ex, Mew ex/Manetric ex...

People, be a little original please.

Why does everyone have to jump on the raichu d bandwagon? Instead of trying to copy the deck, try to come up with a deck that can beat it and all of the other decks in the format.

Am I the only one who this frustrates?

*jumps on*

If it's a good deck, which it is, play it. Don't not play it just to not be original. I already started playing it. :p Es bueno, es bueno. While I may be a copycat, I know what to copy.

ok ill be a little original
*jumps off wagon*
1 spoink
59 psychic energy

*jumps onto W2K6 champion wagon*

GG!

That's OK jk warrior, just trade your Raichu Deltas to me LOL!

Hey, there are a lot of serious players out there who now see this (properly) as a serious deck!

You either learn what you are up against, or you lose to it!

Many people may now want these not only to play themselves, but to see how it works!

I, like most people, am building the deck to train my sons with for Worlds.

I may not have the "pure list", but Pooka's will do (assuming there is a newer one)

Thanks

Vince

People can play what they want to. If they want to use Raichu D, they have all their rights to. Some may play the exact list, others may use their own techs. Either way is fine by me, but I already have mine built:smile:

I was never on the bandwagon. I told you that Raichu d would win nats, and I'll say here and now that Raichu d will not win worlds.

jkwarrior said:
Why does everyone have to jump on the raichu d bandwagon? Instead of trying to copy the deck, try to come up with a deck that can beat it and all of the other decks in the format
Does this include the new National Champion?
After all, it wasn't his deck that he won with.

PokePop said:
Does this include the new National Champion?
After all, it wasn't his deck that he won with.

Yeah that's always kind of bothered me too. Maybe someday I'll make it to the "elite" "lafonte" call it what you will level, so i'll know all of "the decks" before they're popular.

A man can dream

Sure, you can have the mentality that people will play the big deck or atleast one of the big decks. But I am reminded that everytime big decks come along, it's been a new deck that has stepped up and actually won the big tournaments.

When everyone was playing rock-lock and dragtrode and blaziken, Medicham EX stood up and kicked all their butts. When everyone started playing Medicham EX, along with Muk EX and stuff, it was Nidoqueen that stood up and kicked all their butts. When everyone started playing LBS and Mewtric, it was Raichu/Exeguttor that stood up and kicked all their butts.

Playing archetypes might cut it for Cities-Gym Challenges, but when it comes to the big tournaments, what do we see doing well? The same old archetype, or a brand-new, not fully discovered, consistant deck?

I think if the past year results show anything, it shows that with proper research, with proper building, with proper training, and behind the hands of a good player, it will do well.

building winning decks is been around for years and it will keep happening (not only on pokemon tcg). Also, whats the point of doing the world champ decks? Ppl pay for the deck that won, thats all. I guess if you dont like the fact of ppl copying ideas, just get over it and build a counterdeck every time this kind of thing happens, idk.

Prime said:
Sure, you can have the mentality that people will play the big deck or atleast one of the big decks. But I am reminded that everytime big decks come along, it's been a new deck that has stepped up and actually won the big tournaments.

When everyone was playing rock-lock and dragtrode and blaziken, Medicham EX stood up and kicked all their butts. When everyone started playing Medicham EX, along with Muk EX and stuff, it was Nidoqueen that stood up and kicked all their butts. When everyone started playing LBS and Mewtric, it was Raichu/Exeguttor that stood up and kicked all their butts.

Playing archetypes might cut it for Cities-Gym Challenges, but when it comes to the big tournaments, what do we see doing well? The same old archetype, or a brand-new, not fully discovered, consistant deck?

I think if the past year results show anything, it shows that with proper research, with proper building, with proper training, and behind the hands of a good player, it will do well.

lest we forget, served up w/ a side of Team Magma!!
Agreed, Prime, 100%!!!

Honestly I agree with JK everyone wants it cause it won nats and I honesty don't like the deck

Others as meganium45 said just want too see how it works I mean Everyone made a flarisdos deck or some other archtype at one time. It's just a fad that will go away after worlds. Or even after Mirical crystal comes out

Prime said:

You're right about how important it is to do what you can to get ahead of the metagame, but playing archetypes can score you major wins. 2004 is infamous for archetypes winning not only nationals, but worlds as well (Garde and Magma).

Too bad most of the players from Lafonte and the Elite 4 ddint know about raichu/ eggs.

Martin and I were told the deck friday by AJ(TheAnswerthree) and Pooka. So we didnt jump on the bandwagon. We were told this is the deck to play and Since martin and aj needed a trip, I began my hunt for some 16 raichu d and pikachu and eggs. They were easy enough to aquire. I even got 4 japanese ones fro me :) Pooka invented the deck.

I went 6-3 and my losses were due to either misplay rd 1 and horrbiel start vs seena leading to a foresight lock.

Like Kettler said Raichu wont win worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back