Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The REAL way to play Infernape (and, yes, it pwns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Elm

Pokemon (20)
1 Infernape Lv. X
3 Infernape
2 Monferno
4 Chimchar
1 Delcatty ex
2 Delcatty
3 Skitty
4 Budew

Trainers (11)
4 Rare Candy
4 Holon trans
3 Windstorm

Supporters (13)
4 Celios (YAY, it can get Lv. X's!!!)
3 Mentor
2 Lass
2 Adventurer
1 Farmer
1 Scientist

Energy (16)
4 DRE
12 Fire

So your ideal starter is w/ Budew. Use that to pull Transciever or RC from you deck. Then set up an Infernape and use Lass early to get a few DRE's in your hand to attack. Set up Delcattty and Delcatty ex and abuse their powers. Bring out the Lv. X when you are ready to pwn hardcore and shuffle all the energy back. If you can get Infernape Lv. X, 2 Delcatty, and Delcatty ex out at the same time, you can basically do 150 a turn until the Ape gets KO'd.
This deck is brutal if you play it right.

just a small question
how did u manage to get 90 dmg every turn other than relying on DREs?

just a small question
how did u manage to get 90 dmg every turn other than relying on DREs?

dawg, dats like the only way you ever want to attack. Just drop a DRE a turn. It's made easy using Energy Draw and Holon Lass. SO getting 3-4 DRE's in your first few turns is actually pretty darn easy cause the draw in this deck is crazy. THEN once you have 8 fires in your discard (for me this happens around Turn 4-6) you can evolve into Infernape Lv. X and dish 150 shuffling the fires back. Then if you have a good enough setup you can prolly pull off another 150 the next turn or just swing for 90. And once you run out of DRE's if it is necessary bring up Catty ex and shuffle all 4 of em back into your deck.
I mean I RARELY have a problem w/ not having a DRE. Just abuse Lass, Energy Draw, Constrain, etc. etc. and you will be able to have a good flow of DRE's for a while

Wouldn't it be better to just drop down the Infernape LVL.X when you can since you can still use the regular Infernape's attacks and you can now you use Infernape LVL x's power.

Why run 4 Chimchar if you only run 3 Infernape? That seems as if that would be a wasted slot which I would fill with another windstorm because the Delcatty dislike Battle Frontier and Cursed Stone.

Just my opinion though...

Isn't that pokeline betteR?

4-3-2-2 Infernape (2 Lv. x / 2 normal)
3-2-1 Delcatty (2 PK / 1 ex)
2-2 Budew/ Roselia w/ flick poison
= 21

Isn't that pokeline betteR?

4-3-2-2 Infernape (2 Lv. x / 2 normal) 3 normals and 1 lvl x
3-2-1 Delcatty (2 PK / 1 ex) add another catty ex
2-2 Budew/ Roselia w/ flick poison 4 budew are just for set up why the roselia >.>
= 21

If your trying infernape DRE> Blaze is the way to go.

Roselia, because it has another attack and isn't fast food for ray ex d !!!
Yes the other things are completly truth

Roselia LM, flick poison Rayquaza.... 1 damage.. 2 damage.. switch infernape DRE 80 damage... 3 damage poison...

KO

One roselia looks nice, you're going to discard the others anyway but it doesn't fit in with them theme of the deck. With free retreat on your blazikens, you can afford techs. E.g. Researcher -> Rayquaza ex -> Energy switch+castform. They'll be like OMG!

Kyle if I remember correct budew can only get D/P trainers not ones from the ex set I know i saw that posted somewhere on the site and confirmed it with Frank. So basically u cant get a transciever or rare candy with budew

Kyle if I remember correct budew can only get D/P trainers not ones from the ex set I know i saw that posted somewhere on the site and confirmed it with Frank. So basically u cant get a transciever or rare candy with budew

Oh really?
If that's the case then I need to find a whole new starter.
Dang that stanks.

'Dew can get "trainers" from any set ... but not Supporters or Stadiums. So Rare Candy, Great Ball, Warp, etc. are all good to go ... but Mentor, Speed Stadium, and whatnot are out.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53158

The u go Kyle and blame frank he told me only dp on, and I did misread that link i posted the 1st time i read it. But yeah as vanderbilt said:

Dew can get "trainers" from any set ... but not Supporters or Stadiums. So Rare Candy, Great Ball, Warp, etc. are all good to go ... but Mentor, Speed Stadium, and whatnot are out.

OH!
I already knew that part.
The reason I have Budew is to grab the Rare Candy or Holon transciever from my deck, cause they are trainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back