Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Rocky Chandelier

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpokey

This is my current deck. I'm testing it out, but I'm trying to perfect it. Please help.

Strategy: The strategy of this deck is too get druddigon active on the first turn hopefully with a rocky helmet. Then while druddigon is stalling charge up at least one Chandelure. Then start to attack, and switch up chandelure's to use their abilities with dodrio, and switches.

Deck List:

Pokemon:

Litwick x4

Lampent x3

Chandelure x4

Druddigon x4

Doduo x2

Dodrio (retreat aid) x2

Jirachi (time hollow) x2

Trainers/Supporters:

Pokemon Collector x3

Professor Juniper x4

Switch x4

Rare Candy x4

Rocky Helmet x4

Pokemon Communication x2

Professor Elm's Training Method x2

Cheren x1

Flower Shop Lady x1

Professor Oak's New Theory x1

Energy:

Psychic Energy x12

Double Colorless x1

Please Help!

There are some threats to this deck as it is now and which probably ruin your strategy:
1. Pokémon Catcher

What's the use of Druddigon stalling in front, since your opponent can use Catcher on your Litwicks and Doduos and simply destroy them. Fast decks like Reshiplosion/Reshiboar and Zekrom variants will blow this deck up with Catcher.

2. Trainer Locks

Rocky Helmet and Switch are useless once Trainer lock is on.

I myself am gonna play a trainer lock version of Chandelure, but if you want to go without trainer lock, I'd suggest these things:

1. Lower energy count. You'll be fine with max 6 Psy energy, you don't attack with Chandelure or Druddigon, only with Jirachi's Time Hollow. Which helps only against stage 1/2 -decks.

2. Use Pokémon Catcher. Since you don't play trainerlock, go crazy with Catchers. Drag those heavy retreat monsters to help you spread a little longer (unless they play Switch).

3. Go for Max Potion. If a Reshiram or Zekrom hits you 120 without Pluspower to Chandelure, hit the Max Potion to table and opponents realize that they have wasted a turn while you spread damage to ensure their doom. This is, however, very unrealistic event, since Reshiram or Zekrom have always PP for magical 10 damage, or have damaged Chandelure before taking it down.

4. Junk Arm. Helps A LOT to abuse Switch and other trainers. Max these.

5. Twins. You are falling behind since you're sacrificing Druddigons to set up Chandelures. Twins speed up to get all you need.

6. N. Again, if falling behind, play this and your opponent will probably have hard time to recover from well played N.

Ok, so summing up, I'd suggest the following:
- 1 Cheren
- 1 Rare Candy
- 1 PONT
- 1 DCE
- 6+ Psy Energy

= 10+ cards

+ 4 Junk Arm
+ 2+ Twins
+ 2 Catcher
+ 2 Max Potion
+ at least 2 N

=10+ cards

Also something you might want to consider is Blissey. I saw a list that had 0 energy and relied completely on the ability and using max potions/blissey to keep it alive. Sounds pretty deadly. I would also think Trainer lock with Chandelure would be a great match. something you might want to try.

Also something you might want to consider is Blissey. I saw a list that had 0 energy and relied completely on the ability and using max potions/blissey to keep it alive. Sounds pretty deadly. I would also think Trainer lock with Chandelure would be a great match. something you might want to try.

I'd suggest the trainerlock too, although you have to rely recovery solely on Blissey Prime and maybe few Seekers. I'd run at least few energies (max 6), since against Stage decks spreading and devolving with Jirachi is a beast under trainerlock.

But if you don't want to run Trainerlock, it's ok. It's just that this deck would be much more consistent with trainerlock.

Just played a similar deck and the main problem was that I kept catchering the Dodrios til there were none left and the Chandelure strat goes out the window. If your opponent runs 4 catchers + 4 junk arms, that's 8 times that he/she can KO your Ostriches or basics before u can evolve them. Once you've lost your free retreat, it gets messy. So I also suggest trainer lock. to keep that from happening. I myself run a Druddigon Rocky Helmet deck but also get catchered all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back